+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garths best song never released as a single is.......

Garths best song never released as a single is.......

.......Far and away it clearly is "I Don't Have to Wonder Anymore". This was not only the best song from the entire "Sevens" album but it is one of the best songs EVER! I was shocked when they failed to release it as a single. It is one of the mose heart felt, beautifully written, powerful songs ever concieved. I would go as far as saying that if it was released right now it would still go number one, thats how much potential I feel that song carries.

My favorite non-single... and likely favorite Garth song overall... is Ireland.

(as if you couldn't already tell by my sign-in name)

As a friend of mine once quipped... "you just can't play that song loud enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Earp
    .......Far and away it clearly is "I Don't Have to Wonder Anymore". This was not only the best song from the entire "Sevens" album but it is one of the best songs EVER! I was shocked when they failed to release it as a single. It is one of the mose heart felt, beautifully written, powerful songs ever concieved. I would go as far as saying that if it was released right now it would still go number one, thats how much potential I feel that song carries.
    there was a video made for that song... it never was released either.

Garth's still holding that in is vault in oklahoma...

Best song never released

Ah..... before there was 'I don't have to wonder' Garth made a great song from the In Pieces album called 'The night will only know'. Let me tell you, I would of loved to see that made as a video. A dark and very powerful song.

Ron

Re

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gaines
    there was a video made for that song... it never was released either.

Garth's still holding that in is vault in oklahoma...

Yeah I rember that whole ordeal. I saw clips from that video on CMT years ago which is why I was even more shocked the song failed to be released as a single. My hunch is the song was poop canned because of the suicide at the very end, but even that last line was very vaugue with the message. Still not enough reason IMO to scratch such a great song

Underated single

Now if we are talking about the most underated, unppreciated singles ever released, I'd go with "Red Strokes". Thats in my top 5 of all time Garth songs and it received very little radio play. I have no idea why, it was a beautiful song.

Ireland, or Anonymous.

Or Cowboys and Angels.

I absolutely agree that 'I don't have to wonder anymore' is the BEST song that Garth has done and never released. If you really must know....still to this day...I listen to that song four to five hours over and over and over again. Isn't that sick....??!! That isn't an everyday thing though....*not that sick*. LOL MAN OH MAN.....what an incredible song!

Lisa

The Night Will Only Know is a GREAT song! I wanted that to be a single also

Lori

Ireland and Anonymous get my vote too.

Pammy
    Pammy

Watch a flock of birds against the morning sun
    Close your eyes and listen to the river run
    Catch a firefly in your hand or a raindrop on your tongue. That's right ....

There is a God There is a God There is a God
    How much proof do you need?

There Is A God- Trent Willmon

here are my top 5 .

1. Alabama Clay
    2. New Way to Fly
    3. In Lonesome Dove
    4. Rodeo or Mexico
    5. Every Now and Then

Alabama clay
    In Lonesome Dove
    Ireland.

Three of his greatest achievements!

The Old Stuff
    Cowboy Cadillac
    Everytime it Rains

I have a hard time remembering what was a single and what wasn't. LOL.

You can drive to the mountains and ocean all in one day... Leicester, Mass
    I have to agree with Every now and Then (very personal song for me ) and I also have to say
    Every Time That it Rains
    Which one of them
    The Red Strokes also

~alissa
    But I, I would, wish it, all away
    If I, thought I'd, lose you, just one day
    Alissa

I have to agree, I don't have to wonder is great, but I think Every now and then takes it.

dwayne

Of course, Rodeo or Mexico still makes me laugh "as I woke up to the sharp end of a knife....does anybody know the spanish word for "wife?"

Every Now and Then is a great song. Night Rider's Lament is good too....

my top 5 (not in order bc i cant decide which one i like the best)

she's gonna make it
    every now and then
    alabama clay
    the night will only know
    which one of them

My top 5 unreleased -
    1.Face To Face(my fave Garth Tune)
    2.The Old Stuff
    3.Anonymous
    4.Do What You Gotta Do
    5.I Lonesome Dove

As far as I dont have to Wonder Anymore, i do think that song could have been huge. I think Sevens overlooked in the Garth Catalog. It is a very solid album that even I myself forget how good it is.,

Quote Originally Posted by mullmuzzler
    I think Sevens overlooked in the Garth Catalog. It is a very solid album that even I myself forget how good it is.,
    I agree! It has some of my favorites on it. I think it is my favorite regular cd.

You Move Me (I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS SONG)
    How You Ever Gonna Know...love this too
    I Don't Have To Wonder
    Do What You Gotta Do
    In Anothers Eyes (one of my all time FAVORITES)
    Belleau Wood <----fabulous song

Lori

Ive seen a lot i like posted like..

Alabama Clay
    Lonsome Dove

I also like Learning to Live Again

i believe...

Shes gonna make it
    Do What You Gotta DO
    Learning to Live Again.....

were all 3 singles....

A couple from the Gaines project I wish had been singles were "That's The Way I Remember It" and "Driftin Away". Those are some of the best songs he has cut on any album. As far as Garth material, I would go with "This Ain't Tennessee", "A Friend to Me", and "Every Now and Then". I'm not saying they all should have been singles, but some of them would have been big for him.

I think maybe 'that's the way' was released but it was too late and radio had already shunned Chris Gaines. I think I have the promo cd for it. I know Main Street was released, now that was also a GREAT song, too!!! I'm to lazy to get up and look thru my collection, but I think they tried 'that's the way' :-)

dwayne

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Earp
    Yeah I rember that whole ordeal. I saw clips from that video on CMT years ago which is why I was even more shocked the song failed to be released as a single. My hunch is the song was poop canned because of the suicide at the very end, but even that last line was very vaugue with the message. Still not enough reason IMO to scratch such a great song
    I was reading a book titled Devil Walk that reminded me what Garth said about suicide and reliving that moment of death over and over. In his testimony of an LSD trip gone bad, Clint Byars finds himself a victim of Satan manipulating his fear of death to the point he feels like he is dying over and over and over at the whim of demonic forces. This goes on for a full year until he finds deliverance through Christ. Surely that must be only a taste of what hell is like? The point where all hope is abandoned? And evil rushes in?

Songs that should've been singles

1. Mr. Blue
    2. We Bury the Hatchet
    3. Every Now And Then
    4. Cowboys and Angels
    5. Cowboy Cadillac
    6. Rodeo or Mexico

Main Street, Right Now, Lost In You, It Don't Matter To The Sun, and That's The Way I Remember It were all singles from the "Gaines" album. Since I got all the radio singles

I thought "Wolves" was one of his greatest songs never released as a single. I also liked "Alabama Clay".

Number one song -

"Wolves"

Quote Originally Posted by plethora12
    A couple from the Gaines project I wish had been singles were "That's The Way I Remember It" and "Driftin Away". Those are some of the best songs he has cut on any album. As far as Garth material, I would go with "This Ain't Tennessee", "A Friend to Me", and "Every Now and Then". I'm not saying they all should have been singles, but some of them would have been big for him.

Oh my gosh, I forgot all about "This Aint Tennessee", what a GREAT song.

+ Reply to Thread