+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 30 of 34

Thread: Garths best song never released as a single is.......

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Garths best song never released as a single is.......

    .......Far and away it clearly is "I Don't Have to Wonder Anymore". This was not only the best song from the entire "Sevens" album but it is one of the best songs EVER! I was shocked when they failed to release it as a single. It is one of the mose heart felt, beautifully written, powerful songs ever concieved. I would go as far as saying that if it was released right now it would still go number one, thats how much potential I feel that song carries.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    297
    My favorite non-single... and likely favorite Garth song overall... is Ireland.

    (as if you couldn't already tell by my sign-in name)

    As a friend of mine once quipped... "you just can't play that song loud enough."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Nashville, TN area
    Posts
    6,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Earp
    .......Far and away it clearly is "I Don't Have to Wonder Anymore". This was not only the best song from the entire "Sevens" album but it is one of the best songs EVER! I was shocked when they failed to release it as a single. It is one of the mose heart felt, beautifully written, powerful songs ever concieved. I would go as far as saying that if it was released right now it would still go number one, thats how much potential I feel that song carries.
    there was a video made for that song... it never was released either.

    Garth's still holding that in is vault in oklahoma...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Buena Park
    Posts
    2

    Best song never released

    Ah..... before there was 'I don't have to wonder' Garth made a great song from the In Pieces album called 'The night will only know'. Let me tell you, I would of loved to see that made as a video. A dark and very powerful song.

    Ron

  5. #5

    Re

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gaines
    there was a video made for that song... it never was released either.

    Garth's still holding that in is vault in oklahoma...


    Yeah I rember that whole ordeal. I saw clips from that video on CMT years ago which is why I was even more shocked the song failed to be released as a single. My hunch is the song was poop canned because of the suicide at the very end, but even that last line was very vaugue with the message. Still not enough reason IMO to scratch such a great song

  6. #6

    Underated single

    Now if we are talking about the most underated, unppreciated singles ever released, I'd go with "Red Strokes". Thats in my top 5 of all time Garth songs and it received very little radio play. I have no idea why, it was a beautiful song.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,439
    Ireland, or Anonymous.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,439
    Or Cowboys and Angels.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    10,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Earp
    Yeah I rember that whole ordeal. I saw clips from that video on CMT years ago which is why I was even more shocked the song failed to be released as a single. My hunch is the song was poop canned because of the suicide at the very end, but even that last line was very vaugue with the message. Still not enough reason IMO to scratch such a great song
    I was reading a book titled Devil Walk that reminded me what Garth said about suicide and reliving that moment of death over and over. In his testimony of an LSD trip gone bad, Clint Byars finds himself a victim of Satan manipulating his fear of death to the point he feels like he is dying over and over and over at the whim of demonic forces. This goes on for a full year until he finds deliverance through Christ. Surely that must be only a taste of what hell is like? The point where all hope is abandoned? And evil rushes in?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States of America
    Posts
    673
    Songs that should've been singles

    1. Mr. Blue
    2. We Bury the Hatchet
    3. Every Now And Then
    4. Cowboys and Angels
    5. Cowboy Cadillac
    6. Rodeo or Mexico

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts