+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: News Flash: Garth Brooks Creates History

News Flash: Garth Brooks Creates History

BENTONVILLE, Ark., Nov. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- With crowds of fans
    lining up at 5 a.m. on "Black Friday," its first day of release, Wal-Mart
    Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) announced today that Garth Brooks: The Limited Series
    boxed set has become the top selling music item in the company's history after
    only three days availability in stores. This boxed set has achieved Wal-
    Mart's highest volume of sales ever for the first day of a musical release.
    As a result, Garth Brooks: The Limited Series achieved Gold status, more than
    half a million copies sold, the first day it was available for purchase in
    Wal-Mart and SAM'S CLUB locations.
    Brooks, named the Recording Industry's Artist of the Century before
    retiring from performing in 2001, unveiled his new boxed set on Nov. 10th
    during an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno." Preorders on
    Walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com ) reached record-breaking results on the
    site prior to its launch in stores.
    Garth Brooks: The Limited Series boxed set is exclusive to Wal-Mart and
    SAM'S CLUB locations around the U.S. and Canada. The boxed set is being
    released as a limited edition set and only limited quantities are available.
    "Garth Brooks' fan appeal is tremendous," said David Porter, Wal-Mart vice
    president for merchandise. "And for Wal-Mart to be able to bring our
    customers a unique set of music that includes one CD of music that's never
    been released before plus so much more ... it doesn't get much better than
    this for Garth fans! And since this is a limited series set, once it's gone;
    it's gone ... and it's going fast!"
    Garth Brooks: The Limited Series boxed set features five and one-half
    hours of music on five CDs including a Lost Sessions CD with 11 previously
    unreleased Garth recordings and a 90 minute all-access DVD with behind-the-
    scenes footage and a gallery of more than 150 photos. Seventy tracks are
    featured from Sevens, Scarecrow and a 2-disc Double Live CD that is packaged
    with one of three new commemorative double live collector covers. In addition,
    the boxed set also contains a 68-page booklet with lyrics and color photos.
    The boxed set retails for $25.00 and is available exclusively at Wal-Mart,
    SAM'S CLUB, Walmart.com and GarthBrooks.com (http://www.garthbrooks.com ).
    The boxed set also includes Brooks' recent Billboard Country Chart hit,
    "Good Ride Cowboy," written to honor Brooks' good friend, Chris LeDoux. "Good
    Ride Cowboy" was released at radio in October and is currently at #5 on the
    Billboard Country Charts in the U.S. and #2 in Canada.

About Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates Wal-Mart Stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood
    Markets and SAM'S CLUB locations in the United States. The company also
    operates in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, El Salvador,
    Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, South
    Korea and the United Kingdom. The company's securities are listed on the New
    York and Pacific stock exchanges under the symbol WMT. More information about
    Wal-Mart can be found by visiting http://www.walmartfacts.com . Online
    merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and
    http://www.samsclub.com .

Heck Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg Thats So Unbelievably Awesome!!!

Amazing! Garth still has the magic touch...not that we had any doubt!

did anyone else notice it says:

The boxed set retails for $25.00 and is available exclusively at Wal-Mart,
    SAM'S CLUB, Walmart.com and GarthBrooks.com

does this mean that garthbrooks.com well sell the set too? Right now they just have a link that takes you to walmart...

It will prolly still take you there once it gets up and running...like in his store thingy if he has one, when you click on the album covers to buy them they will probably all bring you right to walmart.com...I AM JUST SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!

No, that isn't an earthquake in Nashville. What you're hearing is the sound of executives at Capitol-Nashville banging their heads against the wall.

~Ann~

Quote Originally Posted by Garth_FANtasizer
    No, that isn't an earthquake in Nashville. What you're hearing is the sound of executives at Capitol-Nashville banging their heads against the wall.
    LOL--I guess Garth and Wal-Mart are getting the last laugh in this one!

~Ann~
    LMAO! you know that is exactly what they are doing...what they were thinking when they turned this down I'll never know...

Go Garth! This is SUCH good news!

LOL I know...they were worried they wouldn't push 250,000 of them...what now? just a half a mil in ONE DAY...oh man I knew it would do well, but honestly no one could have predicted this!!! Carrie Underwood should be thanking her lucky stars that it's not gonna be included on the billboard charts...bc that man just made a number one selling record and he's retired...unbelievable...ok i promise i'm done posting here...what is this three now...sorry...this is just awesome!!!

~Ann~
    hehehehe I was thinking the same thing myself, his sales are just so amazing, I dont think even Garth would of expected this.

Nashville sit up and take notice!

Capitol, Take Notice also.

Garth is still the man!!!!!, that no other country artist can touch!!!

Well Done!!!!

thanks for the info!! I was so anxious to hear some numbers... incredible!!

So that is in addition tothe preorders then??? or includes it???

~Ann~

Couldn't have said it better. Thanks, Brett!

-sandi

WOOFREAKINHOOO

That is fantastic!

I hope Garth is happy with the numbers!

Lori

This article needs to go to the PG fromt page as soon as someone who can put it there geta a chance...

WOOO HOO!!!!

I second the question does the gold claim include the pre-order numbers?

Ryan

~Ann~

Maybe not...I've heard from a programming person at Clear Channel that Capitol let Clear Channel know if they continue to support Garth they'll hold back all new releases from all of their artists from Clear Channel. Sort of a 'cut of nose to spite face' move in my book. Hopefully Clear Channel will tell them to get stuffed. Still I went from hearing Garth hourly to nothing in the last 2 days. And not just GRC, nothing at all. No Trisha either.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I'm sorry, are these people adults or kindergarteners?

I have a question...dose this mean that walmart actually sold 500,000 boxed sets or is that the number being multiplied by the 6 CDs and he really only sold?

basically what I'm saying is is that the number os sets sold or number of discs sold?

Quote Originally Posted by BLL
    Maybe not...I've heard from a programming person at Clear Channel that Capitol let Clear Channel know if they continue to support Garth they'll hold back all new releases from all of their artists from Clear Channel. Sort of a 'cut of nose to spite face' move in my book. Hopefully Clear Channel will tell them to get stuffed. Still I went from hearing Garth hourly to nothing in the last 2 days. And not just GRC, nothing at all. No Trisha either.
    And that is why GRC is in the negative. Of course Clear Channel is not going to sacrifice other artists from Capitol for Garth. That would mean Keith Urban, Trace Adkins, Dierks Bentley these are some of the top selling artists. This totally sucks but it explains alot. If I was Garth I sure as heck wouldnt take this lying down.

Clearchannel/Capital

How do we contact clearchannel....???

I am itching for a fight....If want to contact them...no Garth play we'll see about that....there is always XM maybe they need to be reminded.
    jrile

Quote Originally Posted by JRILEY
    How do we contact clearchannel....???

I am itching for a fight....If want to contact them...no Garth play we'll see about that....there is always XM maybe they need to be reminded.
    we could always band together and storm Capitol-Nashville and demand they lay off

He** Yeah(Ibelieve in this situation that is called for)!!!AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Did ya hear that Capitol, YEAH that is the fans telling you the man still has it, the pudlic still in love with the man.... with or without a fancy name behind him! Very very very good news for Garth.... I'm sure he can feel the love right now, crossing the miles to him!!! We love you... and always will! Whether Garth believes it or not, he is as timeless as the Beatles or Elvis! Congratulations on such an accomplishment... and YEAH He is RETIRED... not like is gonna matter to the fans though...(Gives a little bow to Garth)

God bless,
    Katie

Katie

Okay rethinking this. How could Capitol one station possibly hurt a monster like Clear Channel? Wouldnt Capitol and their artists be the ones hurt? What difference would it make to Clear Channel if Capitol did this? I wonder if this is really true. We do have someone in the business on this site. What does Joyce say about this? Have you heard any thing like this??

I think we need Joyce to explain how these things work to us!

and if this is true about Capitol and clear channel... which they own several of my local stations and it really does tick me off... not only is that completely unethical, how much money has Garth made them over the years???? How many milions and millions and millions of dollars???.... Garth practically supported Capitol Nashville for a few years! That is just playing dirty and they better watch themselves... Walmart is responsible for 50% of country music sales, what if Walmart boycotts them???? I think some how they would back down faster than New york minute...Who do I e-mail, who do I call? I'll do whatever I can to stop that noise!

God bless,
    Katie

That's sad if true but I'll wait to see if another source coroborates the information... you can never have too many sources...

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens
    I have a question...dose this mean that walmart actually sold 500,000 boxed sets or is that the number being multiplied by the 6 CDs and he really only sold?

basically what I'm saying is is that the number os sets sold or number of discs sold?
    It's 500,000 Box SETS sold...
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

~Ann~
    Yes! And soon there ain't gonna be any walls left standing anyway!!

2.5 million albums sold plus 500,000 'videos' .... in one week.

Can't beat that!

Garth is King!

No doubt about it!

+ Reply to Thread