+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should there be another greatest hits album?

Should there be another greatest hits album?

I think there should. The songs on it might include...
    -Sevens
    --Longneck Bottle
    --Two Pina Coladas
    --In Another's Eyes

-Scarecrow
    --Wrapped Up In You
    --When You Come Back To Me Again

-Double Live
    --It's Your Song
    --Tearin' It Up
    --Wild As The Wind

-Fresh Horses
    --Beaches of Cheyenne
    --To Make You Feel My Love

Those are all off of the top of my head. Some may not be BIG hits, and I may have forgot some.

Would this be a good idea?

Its not a BAD idea but... We want new stuff from garth. Im interested in his unreleased music.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowboy
    Its not a BAD idea but... We want new stuff from garth. Im interested in his unreleased music.
    I know, but isn't it illegal to copy music and burn them? *mutters under breath*Even<>though<>I do<>it*unsecure chuckle*

I think there would be some people unhappy if GB recycle's through the catalog again. The only way another Hits album works in my mind is if it is different versions of the songs (acoustic - live for those not on DL)

its a bit soon isnt it? the new Box is only just out...

I'd love to hear his best pieces re-arranged, or unplugged. Just a simple sampler wouldn't be interesting for me.

Hey.. I would LOVE another "The Hits"... a single CD with some great music sampled from the studio versions.... a "The Hits II". We dont HAVE to have JUST new music or JUST old music.

I'm not talking about a re-release of Sevens or Scarecrow... those are good too and glad to have them. I just mean a Hits CD. Garth should still of course get those unreleased tracks out there.

But why should people be mad as long as we get both???

I mean SOME of us WOULD like something like that. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of the other. And there's no reason to criticize those that dont agree either. And sure you COULD burn your own as long as it's from your own original copies and you dont share (that's a big Garth no-no)... but I've always liked the way Garth arranges songs on an album himself. They have a nice flow. There's as much art in arranging tracks on an album as there is in the songs themselves.

I'm not sure which songs I'd want on it though.... I'd have to think on that one and get back to you.
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

I wouldn't mind another hits CD...but if it is made I think it should go in a boxed set with another Lost Sessions album

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens
    I wouldn't mind another hits CD...but if it is made I think it should go in a boxed set with another Lost Sessions album
    THAT sounds great - and talking about the (upcoming?) third boxed set, let's throw another DVD, a duet album with Trisha an a pure acoustics CD in that! Shoot, I'd kill someone for that (just kiddin!)

Quote Originally Posted by Striehl
    THAT sounds great - and talking about the (upcoming?) third boxed set, let's throw another DVD, a duet album with Trisha an a pure acoustics CD in that! Shoot, I'd kill someone for that (just kiddin!)
    I would go crazy for something like that...but something that cool probably won't happen, I just can't see that happening

I just really hope we don't have to wait untill Christmas of next year just for another product from Walmart/Garth

Nope, I guess we'll have to wait until Valenines Day for another slice of Garthmusic!

Quote Originally Posted by Striehl
    Nope, I guess we'll have to wait until Valenines Day for another slice of Garthmusic!
    lets just hope the rumors are true that when Lost Sessions is made available out of the box that it comes with more music...otherwise I won't be buying it again probably

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens
    lets just hope the rumors are true that when Lost Sessions is made available out of the box that it comes with more music...otherwise I won't be buying it again probably
    Yep, that's how I think about it too!

if he does

If he does, he needs to include hits from the first batch of albums that didn't make it onto the first "The Hits" such as "Somewhere Other Than The Night" and "Wild Horses" (which was rereleased as we all know).

Hey Pro Magnum

How about from
    Fresh Horses-She's Every Woman, That Ol' Wind, The Change

Sevens-She's Gonna Make It, I Don't Have To Wonder, When There's No One Around

Scarecrow-Why Ain't I Runnin, Mr. Midnight

I personally think another greatest hit's wouldn't be a great idea. Don't get me wrong I would probably be the first in line to get it! But I think we are all hungry for something new from Garth! Although I think a complation CD of Garth's greatest hits and then a few new songs thrown in would be a great idea!

+ Reply to Thread