+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where is Good Ride Cowboy on the single charts

Where is Good Ride Cowboy on the single charts

Its was no12 last week, but the new charts come out today.

Did it move up or down or stay the same?

It's #7 on mediabase (spin count), and #11 on R&R, but I don't think the R&R chart is the latest one--it's as of Oct. 28. BB has it at #12 as of 11-5, but again, I don't think that's the latest.

What about using this thread?

http://planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122846

Garth is at number 7 on both R&R and Billboard this week. Seven is supposed to be his lucky number but sometimes he seems to get stuck there. Hope not with this song.

wahoo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetGBFan
    Garth is at number 7 on both R&R and Billboard this week. Seven is supposed to be his lucky number but sometimes he seems to get stuck there. Hope not with this song.
    Cool number seven! Its moving in the right direction, keep requesting and get this to number one!!!!!

Very cool, very cool!! Let's just Keep it moving! Although I have to say for being number 7 I've only heard it twice.... but I do have to compete with husband in the car over our XM... once in a while I get to listen to Highway 16(though I have to say half the time I prefer Nashville), but most of the time I get to listen to Dance music... My husband is English and they listen to a lot of it there, but it's enough to give me a headache. But these are the sacrifices we have to make in relationships....... maybe that is why I don't mind running to the store on my own! Anyway, keep it moving Garth, we know it can make it to number 1!! Ya just gotta believe....

God bless,
    Katie

Also, I forgot to say moving from 12/11 to a solid 7.... I'm really impressed with the airpower that shows! If it just holds up for say 2 or 3 weeks we could be looking at the promise land, number 1 that is! It's been quite a long time since Garth has been there.... how sweet would this one be!

Katie

very cool! I hope it gets to number 1...it sure is better than "Better Life"....I can't stand Keith Urban

I hope it goes number one as well. Problem is its move up the chart is slowing down. Garth has a wierd chart movement. He usually starts so strong and moves to the top ten then he slows down and when he starts to drop its like a rock. I too am hoping this song holds out until after the CMAs. I think if it stays up there we will see more than strong movement after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetGBFan
    I'd say we can pretty much throw out any precedents in this case. There are too many factors converging to make this uncharted territory--no pun intended. I'm inclined to believe that if the song even just holds at #7 until the Tonight Show appearance, it still has a legitimate shot at eventually going to #1.

I've been thinking that since "Much Too Young" peaked at #8, and "Whatcha Gonna Do" peaked at #7, any further advancement almost guarantees that "Good Ride" will become the song people most associate with the memory of Chris LeDoux.

During the Chris LeDoux tribute weekend in Casper two weeks ago, Western Underground was planning to open their concert after the rodeo by driving into the arena in Rodeo Rose, the truck Chris used during his early days on the circuit. It was my privilege to sit in on the business meeting where the band was discussing what song should be played during that entrance.

After a number of ideas had been tossed around, someone finally asked, "What about Garth's song?" Someone else asked whether anyone had it on CD. I'm pretty sure it was Lyle who said he did, and there was nearly instant unanimity around the table. I turned to Ned and said, "That's perfect, but I can't believe how long it took to come up with it."

So Lyle's CD went into the hands of the rodeo sound man, who was playing one of Chris's songs during each ride/run. The rodeo opened and closed with a split-go of bull riding, but it wasn't until midway through the bareback that the sound man used "Good Ride"...

The horse came out of the chute with Garth singing, "From the hills of Kaycee, Wyoming ..." Just as the song got to the words "wooly and wild" the horse fell on its side with the rider's leg trapped beneath. A second or two later the horse jumped to its feet, and the rider hung on, came up with the horse, and finished the ride. Of course, the crowd went wooly.

To be continued ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Evans
    To be continued ...
    After the rodeo I was appointed gate man for the grand entrance of Rodeo Rose. Once again it was "From the hills of Kaycee, Wyoming ..." as the old truck rumbled out among the fans, who had already been allowed into the rodeo arena. There were two band members in the front seat, two in the back, and two sitting on the tailgate. Ned was driving, of course.

They parked the truck and walked back to the stage while the song played out. Fans gathered around Rodeo Rose and started taking each other's pictures like it was the eighth wonder of the world. As I was closing the gate ... (*cute but utterly Garth-irrelevant story about bareback winner Will Lowe omitted*).

Lyrics to "Rodeo Rose" by Chris LeDoux (1975):
    http://ledouxcountry.com/discography.../RodeoRose.htm

More on the truck's "renovation":
    http://dustinevans.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=971

Star Tribune's rodeo story:
    http://casperstartribune.net/article...a3001b907e.txt

Have you noticed that all of his songs are the same...rather they are slow or fast paced (Thats Keith Urban anyways)...I have yet to hear something original from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy_1981
    Have you noticed that all of his songs are the same...rather they are slow or fast paced (Thats Keith Urban anyways)...I have yet to hear something original from him.
    All of whose songs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Evans
    All of whose songs?
    Keith Urban. Whom I happen to LOVE (not as much as Garth, though).

GRC is at number 6 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart!!!!

http://billboard.com/bbcom/charts/ch...+Country+Songs

It's at #7 at RR for a second week.

The rest of the chart story can be found at this thread.

There you can also learn that this is Garth's best charting song at Billbord since Wrappet up in You peaked at #5. This can be the first #1 at BB since To Make You Feel My Love back in 1998.

I'm sure the exposure this week (Leno, After Midnight, CMAs, GMA, CMT and whatever else he happens to pop up on) will push it up to #1. Or at least close. It's going to go up before it goes down, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway
    It's at #7 at RR for a second week.

The rest of the chart story can be found at this thread.

There you can also learn that this is Garth's best charting song at Billbord since Wrappet up in You peaked at #5. This can be the first #1 at BB since To Make You Feel My Love back in 1998.
    it's number 6

6 at BB

7 at RR - hopefully I am looking at the correct chart.

The single has moved this way:

BB: 18 - 13 - 12 - 7 - 6

RR: 26 - 15 - 11 - 7 - 7

R&R isn't updated yet... it's #6 on R&R too

OK. I see the chart is for the week ending 11/11.

But it also say "last week 7". If it has charted for 5 weeks and moved 26-15-11-7 and now 6 there is one week with 7 too many? Ouch. Now I am making my self confused too.

26-15-11-7-7-6 makes 6 weeks. 26-15-11-7-6 makes 5 weeks and just one at 7.

Maybe it has charted 6 weeks at RR and 5 at BB? Making it chart 26-15-11-7-7-6. If not, there is an error somewhere.

Anyhow. The single CAN still reach #1 at both charts. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway
    OK. I see the chart is for the week ending 11/11.

But it also say "last week 7". If it has charted for 5 weeks and moved 26-15-11-7 and now 6 there is one week with 7 too many? Ouch. Now I am making my self confused too.

26-15-11-7-7-6 makes 6 weeks. 26-15-11-7-6 makes 5 weeks and just one at 7.

Maybe it has charted 6 weeks at RR and 5 at BB? Making it chart 26-15-11-7-7-6. If not, there is an error somewhere.

Anyhow. The single CAN still reach #1 at both charts. :-)
    The latest chart is out today? where is good ride cowboy? still at number six?

Wherever it is....... I think next week it's going to have a BIG push!
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

Everyone is talking about how great Garth's performance was last night and also, about how much they like that song. Sure hope this pushes it up the charts.

You all get a round of requests in just to make sure... I know I will!

Ryan

hmmmmm, Good Ride Cowboy is still at #6 two weeks in a row...the new Billboard chart has come out

http://billboard.com/bbcom/charts/ch...+Country+Songs

Yeah people came out with that info a few days ago.... the good news is that number doesn't factor in all the renewed interest Garth has be generating this past week... so hopefully he gets a big jump next week!

Katie

Quote Originally Posted by EveryNow&Then
    Yeah people came out with that info a few days ago.... the good news is that number doesn't factor in all the renewed interest Garth has be generating this past week... so hopefully he gets a big jump next week!

Katie
    I think the CMA performance may help push it up.

It's at #5 for spins, on mediabase, as of tonight.

I think the Sunday night number is usually where it ends up on R&R or Billboard, I can't remember which one.

That's cool! I was hoping for more than a one spot jump though... they're gonna keep us on pins and needles huh... I really want this to be a number 1...

Ryan

+ Reply to Thread