+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Garth and Trisha to perform

Quote Originally Posted by AronP24
    to respond to an earlier question about why CHris Rock made the comment about George Bush hating midgets...it was a rather humerous comment poking fun of a comment made by that cry baby and crappy "entertainer" Kanye West....in last weeks NBC benefit concert he made an ignorant, uneducated comment saying "George Bush doesn't even care aboutblack people." I work for NBC now and I got to see this feed several times. The only thing I could do was laugh. Laying all politics aside I am tired of everything being turned into a race issue..its disgusting..this tragedy was more of a class issue than anything...I've worked 12-14 hours a day since the storm and the thousands of hours of storm feeds coming in have shown white people, black people, asians, hispanics....GET OVER IT KANYE..and kudos to Chris Rock, though he is strongly anti-Bush as well, he did do a good job poking fun of this "no talent ass clown" kanye....BUT Garth and Trisha suuuurree were good hahah
    Aron
    What about Randy Newman's "Short People?"

Persevering

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gaines

Tonight the rain keeps falling
    Is it falling on deaf ears
    and I wonder, still I wonder
    Who'll stop the rain

I cried again last night. I've known the feeling for awhile now.

I decided I needed to get refocused. Garth hit the nail on the head to "PERSEVERE". It's the ultimate in truly hanging in there for love's sake.

The Fruit of the Land, Part VIII
    by Rick Joyner
    August 8, 2005

...Since the Fall, the devil has had a boast that the Lords crowning creation, mankind, which He created especially to have fellowship and to dwell with, when given the choice, chose evil over righteousness, even when living in the most perfect conditions. Because of this the devil boasts that given the choice, all of creation will choose his ways over the Lords ways. Before the end comes, the Lord will have a people who will have ended this boast. Even in the darkest of times, in the worst conditions, against the onslaught of all that hell and the world can throw at them, they will remain faithful, choosing righteousness over evil to obey God rather than the evil one. In this way, they will even become witnesses to principalities and powers, as well as the rest of creation, that God and His truth will always ultimately triumph.

Therefore, the greater the trial, the greater the witness. Even the angels will admit that the faithful church, which has endured the greatest of trials and remained faithful, is worthy to be their judges. For this reason the greatest fruit of the Spirit is grown in the most difficult conditions, which is why we are given the important exhortation in James 1:2-4,12:

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,

knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

for the entire article:
    http://www.morningstarministries.org.../2005/3205.htm

May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance. ~2Th 3:5

may it be etched in all our hearts. We shall overcome.

further Biblical references: RO 5:3-4; 2CO 12:12; 2Th 1:4; 1TI 4:16; HEB 10:36; HEB 12:1; JAS 1:3-4; JAS 5:11; 2PE 1:5-6; REV 2:2,19

Surprised!!!!!

The other night when I read the beginning of this post and then went to the Trisha site on here, the way it sounded was that Trisha was the main performer and Garth was singing with her. Hard to explain, okay on the Trisha site it says' Garth would be performing with Trisha. To me Garth was the main performer and the others were the backup singers except for the last verse. He might be "as he calls it retired" but he is a MAIN draw whatever he does. That man could still blow the roof off if he came back to music. I like Trisha's singing and please don't anyone take me wrong, but the name "Garth" is who is called for the big performances. If he did go back to music full time, that could be a problem for him and Trisha. I'm sure they want to make it 1/2 and 1/2 but he seems to be the main one everytime.

Tricia... no bashing please........ and thanks to you all that posted clips. I got it on VCR, but was nice to see on here too.

i hope Garth come back

i hope Garth brooks come back to
    us

~Shonda~

don't worry Shonda

Just believe Garth holds us close to his heart same as us.

Thanks for the mp3! It's a great addition to my iPod! I watched the special just in time to catch Garth. Boy was I surprised to see him performing!
    --[ I live in my own little world. But it's OK... they know me here. ]--

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzwuzz
    Just believe Garth holds us close to his heart same as us.
    That is very nicely said.

Gloria

Yeah If anyone could post a downloadable file of the concert (Gath and Trisha's performance) it would be greatly appreciated. The streaming video is good but you can't burn it to a disc or watch it offline.

Garth and Trisha to preform

Thank you to whomever it was ( sorry I cant remember their name) that posted the link to see them singing together. It was awesome to see them! I only hope that we get to see more of him sooner than we expect too!

Thanks again
    Mimi
    Mimi

Quote Originally Posted by ultim8gamr
    Yeah If anyone could post a downloadable file of the concert (Gath and Trisha's performance) it would be greatly appreciated. The streaming video is good but you can't burn it to a disc or watch it offline.
    The file I saw in this thread is downloadable and burnable. It's not streaming. Just right click on the link and save it. Or let it load and go file->save.

If you have issues, use Firefox as that works just fine for me.
    --[ I live in my own little world. But it's OK... they know me here. ]--

Quote Originally Posted by twister
    The file I saw in this thread is downloadable and burnable. It's not streaming. Just right click on the link and save it. Or let it load and go file->save.

Quote Originally Posted by twister

I have been using firefox forever. now for the on topic, the file from the AOL account is not downloadable it saves the link for the streaming, try disconnecting you network cable, it wont play. There seem to be no other links to the video. If anyone has it can they please post it. yousendit.com seems to be a popular file host here at PG

Here is a link to a file you can download:
    http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...4219BRLZT7741Q

You're the best, K!!!

Awesome TYFANLA!!!

Thanks so much!

Moni

That's so great of you, thanks.
    -Susan-

Ratings lower for 'Shelter From Storm'

By DAVID BAUDER
    AP Television Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- While Americans are donating generously to Hurricane Katrina relief funds, they're apparently running out of patience for stars telling them to give.

Friday's benefit, "Shelter From the Storm: A Concert for the Gulf Coast," was seen by fewer than 24 million viewers despite being shown on 29 networks.

That's less than one third of the 89 million people who watched its model, the somber "America: A Tribute to Heroes," which ran shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, according to Nielsen Media Research.

It's also fewer than the number of people who typically tune in to a new episode of "American Idol" or "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

The concert, with Paul Simon, Mariah Carey, Kanye West and others, competed against a longer benefit on BET at the same time. BET got 1.2 million viewers, Nielsen said.

It's also still summer, when viewership generally is lighter. And the multinetwork show still was the most-watched prime-time program, though Nielsen doesn't rank shows without commercials.

Fox got the jump on the fall TV season, which begins officially next week. It presented a handful of season premieres, and "The Simpsons" landed in the top 10.

more:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-13-17-11-58

In the USA, the best country in the world
    By DAVID BAUDER
    AP Television Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- While Americans are donating generously to Hurricane Katrina relief funds, they're apparently running out of patience for stars telling them to give.

Friday's benefit, "Shelter From the Storm: A Concert for the Gulf Coast," was seen by fewer than 24 million viewers despite being shown on 29 networks.

That's less than one third of the 89 million people who watched its model, the somber "America: A Tribute to Heroes," which ran shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, according to Nielsen Media Research.

It's also fewer than the number of people who typically tune in to a new episode of "American Idol" or "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

The concert, with Paul Simon, Mariah Carey, Kanye West and others, competed against a longer benefit on BET at the same time. BET got 1.2 million viewers, Nielsen said.

It's also still summer, when viewership generally is lighter. And the multinetwork show still was the most-watched prime-time program, though Nielsen doesn't rank shows without commercials.

Fox got the jump on the fall TV season, which begins officially next week. It presented a handful of season premieres, and "The Simpsons" landed in the top 10.

more:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-13-17-11-58
    yeah, ratings were lower- not as many people- from what it looked like to me, though ,it wasn't as well put together/produced/hyped/ etc..

29 networks? unless i'm smoking something, how do you get 29 out of cbs,abc,nbc,fox,upn,wb? That's 6 networks- not 29
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise
    yeah, ratings were lower- not as many people- from what it looked like to me, though ,it wasn't as well put together/produced/hyped/ etc..

29 networks? unless i'm smoking something, how do you get 29 out of cbs,abc,nbc,fox,upn,wb? That's 6 networks- not 29
    Broadcast:
    ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, The WB, UPN, PBS, PAX

Cable:
    ABC News Now, ABC Family, Altitude Sports & Entertainment, AmericanLife TV Network, Armed Services Network, Black Family Channel, The Biography Channel, Bravo, CNBC, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, CourtTV, E!, Fox College Sports Pacific, Fox Movie Channel, Fox Reality, FSN Arizona, FSN Chicago, FSN New England, FSN Ohio, FSN South, FSN West, FUEL TV, FUSE, FX, G4, GoITV, GSN, History Channel Espanol, History International, Lifetime, LIME, Link TV, MSNBC, Ovation, Oxygen, Showtime, SOAPNet, SPEED Channel, Style Network, TBS, The Tennis Channel, TRIO, TV Guide Channel, TV One, TVB Jade Channel, USA Network, WGN Cable, World Television

Radio:
    ABC Radios major market outlets, Infinity Radio stations

Internet:
    AOL.com, CBS.com, FOX.com, Real.com, Yahoo.com

International Territories:
    The special will be broadcast in over 155 countries and territories including Africa, Australia, Austria, Argentina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Cuba, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Slovakia, Spain, Taiwan, The Ukraine, The United Kingdom and virtually all of the rest of Asia, Latin America & the Middle East.

cause you don't read them all

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gaines
    Broadcast:
    ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, The WB, UPN, PBS, PAX

Cable:
    ABC News Now, ABC Family, Altitude Sports & Entertainment, AmericanLife TV Network, Armed Services Network, Black Family Channel, The Biography Channel, Bravo, CNBC, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, CourtTV, E!, Fox College Sports Pacific, Fox Movie Channel, Fox Reality, FSN Arizona, FSN Chicago, FSN New England, FSN Ohio, FSN South, FSN West, FUEL TV, FUSE, FX, G4, GoITV, GSN, History Channel Espanol, History International, Lifetime, LIME, Link TV, MSNBC, Ovation, Oxygen, Showtime, SOAPNet, SPEED Channel, Style Network, TBS, The Tennis Channel, TRIO, TV Guide Channel, TV One, TVB Jade Channel, USA Network, WGN Cable, World Television
    networks- they talked about major networks- true, cable networks are 'networks' i guess- but it makes the article misleading...

Radio:
    ABC Radios major market outlets, Infinity Radio stations
    not as important- though ABC... stlll

Internet:
    AOL.com, CBS.com, FOX.com, Real.com, Yahoo.com
    not networks

International Territories:
    The special will be broadcast in over 155 countries and territories including Africa, Australia, Austria, Argentina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Cuba, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Slovakia, Spain, Taiwan, The Ukraine, The United Kingdom and virtually all of the rest of Asia, Latin America & the Middle East.
    cause you don't read them all [/QUOTE] no need to be a smartass jason..
    this isn't a one upsmanship game

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

it said 29 NETWORKS... not 29 MAJOR NETWORKS ...Scott

And again we'll ask that y'all take your bickering to PM.

And under the radio allow me to add that the show also aired on 2 XM channels, and I would imagine at least 1 Sirius channel as well.

J. <-- who had never heard of probably 20 of the 56 networks listed under television

yikes!

To me, it was perfect. The music and the tremendous need of the people got center stage(a voice). Spending alot of money on a big production seems senseless. I enjoyed it very much, twice. It didn't escape me either that the singers were seeking comfort themselves from faith in God while lifting us all up in song.

I wonder if the lower rating could be because it was announced so last minute? And that people are just plain tired of hearing about yet another benefit? At this point, everything we do should be in helping our neighbors get back on their feet. Us too. We all are in pain from this and beyond. Sometimes I think I felt it coming, I was crying so much over the state of the human race in the world. Now I have a real reason to cry again, besides the war. But, I still find myself being selfish and wanting to be happy. But somehow, I can't. I want us all to be happy together.

I wonder if the lower rating could be because it was announced so last minute?
    I think that's part of it actually

And that people are just plain tired of hearing about yet another benefit? At this point, everything we do should be in helping our neighbors get back on their feet. Us too.
    another likelihood

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tyfanla
    Here is a link to a file you can download:
    http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...4219BRLZT7741Q
    Thank you tyfanla!

I'm sorry for lifting this tread up again. But can someone please post a new link for download. I downloaded it while it was up, but my hard disc crashed. :-(

thank-you!

+ Reply to Thread