+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PLEASE READ - FAQs- Frequently Asked Questions- LOOK HERE BEFORE YOU POST

PLEASE READ - FAQs- Frequently Asked Questions- LOOK HERE BEFORE YOU POST

First of all Welcome to Planet Garth! We're glad your here!

This is a fun loving community filled with lots of Garth fans, Trisha Fans and lots of other artists as well. We cater to Garth of course

Lots of newbies post the same questions, so I thought we'd put up a thread of FAQ's so the answers can be found in one place.

Most asked question:
    1. Where can I write to Garth?

Answer: The only address we have for Garth is through his management company. The address is:

GBM (Garth Brooks Management)
    1111 17th Ave S.
    Nashville, TN 37212

NOTE: We have received reports that this may no longer be correct. We have no other addresses listed for Garth, or his management

2. Is Garth going to tour again soon?

While we would all love Garth to get back out on the road again, he has no plans to come out of retirement until Allie Coleen ( his youngest daughter) graduates from high school. That would be in about 9 years or 2014.

Now.. if you can think of any other FAQs that I need to put up here in this thread.. please reply to this thread with the question and answer and I'll add it to the list and delete your post.

Thanks and enjoy your time here on the Planet!

Monica

Might I suggest something stating our policy on trading MP3's / bootlegs, etc? I know it's in the guidelines, but a lot of people don't read those.

J. <--- a tad frightened because she had the same idea of doing an announcement thing with GBM's address last night - great minds think alike!

Another thing you could add here...

3. How can I sign up for Garth's fan club?

Garth Brooks has no Official Fan Club, as it has disbanded a long time ago.

so that will end that question too.

Should there not be some mention about not opening new threads all the time?

Some topics are now being discussed in 3-4 threads simultaneously because people don't read back to check if what they are talking or asking about has allready been posted in a thread/topic of a thread. I find it a bit annoying seing the discussion going on in several threads at he same time.

*Stepping off of soap box* :-)

Excellent points....

4. Out of courtesy to other posters, please look through the threads to see if one has already been posted about your topic before making a new thread. It saves the moderators from having to merge them. Also, please try and look through the recent posts to see if a question you have has already been answered. For instance some have come asking about how to hear the new single when it's already been posted how to hear it several times.

5. Can I post a thread to let people download music files or ask to share them?

DO NOT post MP3's or other music files for download unless it's a link to a person's website that has the right to offer it. For instance the songwriters of Garth's recently released single allow listeners to hear it at their websites. It's ok to post a link to that but not to a direct download from a third party that has no legal right to offer it.

6. Can I copy news articles, lyrics, or other PG content to use on my or another website?

Many of the news articles at PG are written by our own talented PG Correspondant Joyce. She happens to also be a professional writer. To stay on her good side, I'd email her and ask her before stealing her work. She can be a bit fiesty!

The song lyrics in our database are available to members because of a legal arrangement between Planet Garth and the company that manages Garth's material. So you're free to look at them here and even use them for personal use. However if you copy them and paste them onto your own website you may very well be contacted by copyright lawyers.... and I'm not talking about PG lawyers.... but the ones that belong to the BIG GUY.... so unless you like that kind of attention I wouldn't do it if I were you!

Pictures and other content at PG are also available here for the personal enjoyment of our users, but you'd need to contact the owners of the pictures or other material for their permission before using them.
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

LMAO. Here's a secret Deb. When I post things... even press releases... I'll modify it slightly from the original. Then when other websites steal them and pretend like they go the info themselves (and believe me... they do) I just sit back and grin.

Good point about the threads, we need to get in here and combine some of these redundant ones, but the Mod Squad is all pretty buried right now I think.

J.

I'm working on some of them right now.... and I think someone else is too (you?) *lol* Because I went to merge one and then it was already done! *lol*

7. What do I do if I have a complaint?

If you have a complaint about anything...... a post.... a moderator..... whatever... you should click on the "report a bad post" icon. Currently it's a little red triangle on the right side of each post. Just click on it and it will allow you to explain what you find objectionable or think might be a problem.

Sometimes you might even have a problem with a moderator. You can also report that with the little red triangle or feel free to contact one of the other mods. Just being a mod doesn't make us perfect. (except for me! ) So please let us know if we need to look at something. We're free labor here and there are lots of posts. Sometimes we miss things. And believe it or not... sometimes we're even asleep and you might see a post first. Sometimes we get stressed with life and make mistakes too. We dont mind criticism but in order to keep the forums from turning into a big fussing fest we ask that you address it with us personally and not in the forums.

The GBM Management is no longer I sent mail to them and it gets returned with no forwarding address.

Thank you. I will make note of that in the original post.

--spud--

Thank you for posting the guidelines on articles and full text "copy and paste" methods being used. Hopefully it helps deter people from doing it.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    good call plethora (I know Iv'e been guilty of it in the past- and have/am working on changing that)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Can I post articles from other sources?

You may do so- in part. We ask that you only post a small part of the story, and then provide a direct link to the source for the remainder. This is done for a few reasons: One, it helps protect PG from potential copyright infringement. Two, it gives credit to the source. In addition, the source is rewarded by having traffic driven to their site.

I think its time to update the point about when Garth will tour again that refers to his retirement =]

Why Can't I post a "New Topic" I am a newbie to posting in this forum, but I wanted to post a new topic, and It won't let me

i try do that too it wood not let me do that too

+ Reply to Thread