+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In another's eyes - what do the lyircs mean?

In another's eyes - what do the lyircs mean?

In another's eyes I'm someone who Loves her enough to walk away from you I'd never cheat, I'd never lie In another's eyes
    In another's eyes I can do no wrong He believes in me and his faith is strong I'd never fall or even compromise In another's eyes
    In another's eyes I'm afraid that I can't see This picture perfect portrait That they paint of me They don't realize And I pray they never do 'Cause every time I look I'm seein' you In another's eyes
    In another's eyes Starin' back at me I see a sinking soul trying desperately To turn the tide before it dies In another's eyes And what they don't see is whats killing me And it's a blessing and a curse that love is blind
    In another's eyes I'm afraid that I can't see This picture perfect portrait That they paint of me They don't realize And I pray they never do 'Cause every time I look I'm seein' you In another's eyes In another's eyes In another's eyes
    Garth (or his character I guess you could say) is saying in some women's eyes he's someone that love her (the women) enough to leave Trisha and she think he would never cheat or lie
    Trisha (or her Character) is saying that in some guys eyes she can do no wrong he believes in and his faith is really strong
    Together Garth and Trisha( or there Character) say that in there (partners, the womenís and the manís) eyes they do see what there (Partners) do and that the (partners) donít realize that (Garth and Trisha or there Characters) are not what they think they are and they( Garth ad Trisha or there Characters) pray that they never do because every time they look into there (partners) eyes they see the other( Garth or Character seeing Trisha or character and so forth) and When they look into there (Partners) eyes they see this person ( themselves) trying desperately to change the relationship before it dies but still every time they look into there (Partners) eyes the see each other.
    ~ Am i right or wrong i havenít the slightest idea so let me no what you think please!~

This song was actually written by three guys... only one of which was Garth, so I don't know how accurate it is to connect it to Garth's life personally or Trisha at that time anymore than any of the other songs he's sung.

I think song writing... a lot like writing a novel... probably does involve pulling some ideas and experiences from your life in creating characters and storylines... but to take it too far and extrapolate backwards probably doesn't work too well.

I mean I love Anne Rice's books... but they're definitely fiction. I don't think she actually went out and interviewed LeStat or a person like LeStat and then wrote about it.... though I'm sure there are elements in the characters that are like her and people she knows.
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

I think the song is (IMO, of course) about perception, and how when you are seen a certain way from a certain person's point of view it can either create a gap between you and that person or draw you closer, and when it draws you closer you begin to have this unspoken understanding of one another. That's just what I get out of it.

I remember on Storytellers Garth said he couldn't make things up, but IF he could put himself in the situation, then he could 'lie' about it and write the song!!!
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

coakleychris

After this week for some of in London. We think 'unanswered prayers' is a bit special. But then again he always has been.

+ Reply to Thread