+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help us get CMT back in the UK..

Help us get CMT back in the UK..

.. so that we can see Garth videos again along with a lot more.

I am a member of a Keith Urban message board in the UK and someone there has started a petition to send to CMT to try and get it back on in the UK.

Here is the link for anyone who would be interested in signing it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/cmtuk/petition.html

Thanks!!!

I signed but don't know if we will achieve our goal. They told me it was about cost. Surely if artists' music is not seen & heard then how can they expect to break into the UK market? Since CMT went the selection in our local music store has more than halved.

Good luck with it. I take it you will be going to see Keith in October?

Jude

Jude, thanks for signing. Its almost impossible to hear country music in the UK other than 2 hrs a week on radio 2. I really miss watching the music videos since CMT disappeared in 1998.

They say its about costs but I have got Sky and when you look at some of the channels on there you wonderhow they can meet the costs.

Yes, have got tickets to see Keith Urban in October in Glasgow. Saw him supporting Bryan Adams last month and was VERY impressed. Plus I think we should try and support the few country acts that come here in some vain hope that it will encourage more!!

just signed it. theres no decent music channels in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by DavidN
    just signed it. theres no decent music channels in the UK
    Thanks for signing, spread the word and lets try and get as many signatures as possible.

I listen to country radio all the time when I'm at home and cd's in my car to work. The station is on the net. Mind you I was in a sandwich shop this morning and Keith Urban came on and I was singing along - I was the only customer in the shop - and the woman behind the counter asked me who it was. I told her and she said 'hey he rocks'. Told her I'd show her some pics tomorrow!!

I listen to country radio online when I can but can't spend all my time on the computer and CDs in the car too but as you already said, the availabilty of country CDs is awful! And they cost the earth to buy here too.

The UK is so ignorant of country music, its hard to believe Garth ever appeared on Top of the Pops!!

Petition currently has 178 signatures, thanks to everyone who has signed so far but we need lots more.

Please sign this regardless of what country you live in. I am sure we will need thousands for it to make any difference.

Thanks!

i'd be more than happy to sign it. Good luck and I hope your goal is achieved.

+ Reply to Thread