+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Murder On Music Row

Murder On Music Row

It's been said by many that Garth Brooks ruined country music.
    When he comes back, it will be said that he saved it.

The whole industry sucks without Garth Brooks around. It was nice to see him at the ACM's, brought back some better memories of country music.
    At least George Strait is still racking them up.

I totally agree with you.

I would love a comeback then I would get the chance to see him preform since im only 19 and never got the chance before. I dont think the WHOLE industry sucks tho there are some really good artists like Jimmy Wayne, Tim McGraw, Trisha Yearwood and Faith Hill all still out there.

Sarah
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by IrishChick
    I would love a comeback then I would get the chance to see him preform since im only 19 and never got the chance before. I dont think the WHOLE industry sucks tho there are some really good artists like Jimmy Wayne, Tim McGraw, Trisha Yearwood and Faith Hill all still out there.

Sarah
    xx
    You are correct, but you left out Shania, Urban , Big & Rich, and Nelly.

I think the evidence shows that...

Garth DID save the music. And country is doing better than ever now "without" him. The country family is growing more rapidly. And don't forget, it's the Chris Gaines fan who is supposed to save the music, according to Garth. All's I know is, CG got me into the fire with Garth where Garth couldn't do it alone. To think, it took a pop character, destined to die, in a yet to be released movie, to lead me to discover my true country roots. It's still so very amazing to me.

And I'm happy with the state of country music these days. Happy for my people making it. Happy for us, (my people), too.

Now, if only we'd all find more happiness together as people of the country family. I don't think you guys here sometimes understand how deep is my longing we all get along more and love each other more deeply everyday. I'd like to think all music, not just Garth's, is helping us achieve that goal Garth gave us to aim for.

And I'm happy with the state of country music these days. Happy for my people making it. Happy for us, (my people), too.

Hey fuzzwuzz, say you don't happen to be Comanche Indian are ya?

I like that whole "my people" thing.

No need to hate white man, we gave your people Oklahoma, which in turn gave us Garth Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude

Hey fuzzwuzz, say you don't happen to be Comanche Indian are ya?
    Don't think so. Are you?

+ Reply to Thread