+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fav Garth songs

fav Garth songs

Hi

Just trying to get everybody to list there fav Garth songs and why.
    Running a little survey.

Thanks for ya help guys and girls

OMG!! Just one?!?

Only one song, or can we do one from each CD...cause I can't pick just one Garth song I love better than the others. It's impossible.

From Garth Brooks...Every Time That it Rains...it just seems to touch me somehow. To me it speaks of an innocent time you can never recapture, but are constantly reminded of...I have a few memories like that.

No Fences- Victum of the Game- because I've been there several times, make me appreciate my hubby more.

Ropin The Wind- We Bury the Hatchet- because I am one of those people who bring up stuff from forever ago...if its prudent to the argument and helps to make my point. I'm passive agressive, so I let a lot of stuff just sit on my shoulders till I crack and let it all go...

The Chase- Night Riders Lament- Because it reminds me that sometimes the people you love won't understand what makes you happy.

In Pieces- One Night a Day- Because the words are a haunting tribute to lost loves and that sax gives me chills...

Fresh Horses- there are two, Fever- because it never fails to make me happy no matter what...She's Every Woman- because like I Walk The Line by Johnny Cash, it's the perfect love song.

Sevens- Fit For a King- Because it reminds me that we're all just trying to get by.

Scarecrow- Pushin Up Daisies- Because even your most horrible day could get worse.

Double Live- Wild as the Wind- because of the emotion in it...
    the rest are just wonderful and this is long enough, so...

Olivia

Oak Grove, Missouri (outside of kansas city)
    Learning To Live Again from the Chase.

It makes me think of my dad. And him trying to get back on his feet again after him and my mother got divorced. It took him a long time. I just love that song. I hope I get the chance to hear him sing it live one day

*AMANDA BROOKE*

ps. my favorite song that he does live is SHAMELESS Hands Down...do I have to say why ladies??!!! THE SWIVEL!!!

A
    *AMANDA BROOKE*

"Listen not to the critics, who put their own dreams on the shelf.
    If you wanna get the truth to admit it, you gotta find out for yourself...How you ever gonna know?"
    -GARTH BROOKS-

Quote Originally Posted by ADcrzy4GB
    Learning To Live Again from the Chase.

It makes me think of my dad. And him trying to get back on his feet again after him and my mother got divorced. It took him a long time. I just love that song. I hope I get the chance to hear him sing it live one day

*AMANDA BROOKE*

ps. my favorite song that he does live is SHAMELESS Hands Down...do I have to say why ladies??!!! THE SWIVEL!!!

A
    i agree about Shameless. that swivel STILLLL gives me goosebumps when i watch the video from Central Park.

and my fave all time Garth song is If tomorrow never comes.

For me, I think that would be The Dance.

That song says so much. The song makes me things of special wonderful memories of heroes. And some who are not heroes.

Makes you stop and think. We take so much for granted even life.

Until it's too late.

Sandy

Hi everyone, sorry about my english.

It is quite hard for me to choose only one song form Garth, because every song has its own point, and every song teached me about something.

During some years I only have one Garth CD, "The Hits", I used to play it every day as I was studying, until it (literaly) burned in my home stereo.

So i went to a record shop and asked for "Garth Brooks" and went out with 7 CDs ("The hits" was, again, one of them)

So now I have a lot of songs to choose, let me see.

One of my all time favorites is "The River", because it gived me the strenght to pass some parts of my life that could have ended with me going insane.

"The Dance" is another one that I must choose, because of the melancolly (is that properlly writed?) it takes out of my heart, I allways cry when I listen to that song.

One of the "new" songs (I was not in "The Hits") is "Face to Face", I learned to face things as they come, and everything is easier that way.

I like music, I like all kind of music, but Mr Brooks is, with Joaquin Sabina (A spanish singer/composer) one of my favorite singers, just because they know how to go to the center of things that really matter and teach you something in each song.

Thank you Garth.

And again, sorry for my english, just practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanduleak
    Hi everyone, sorry about my english.
    You did just fine. Welcome to PG!

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

thanks

I would like to thank everybody for there feed back on this subject..It was good see other peoples views on the matter.

Thank you
    The roo

p.s your english is great.....even better then mine...

Once upon a time I did say The Dance but having gotten to know Garth's music so much more, I really love The River.

I have this below as part of an email signature and to me they are powerful words and just fit where I am in my life.

Trying to learn from what's behind you
    And never knowing what's in store
    Makes each day a constant battle
    Just to stay between the shores

Lynette

So many of you are so right, how can we pick just one?????? It's nearly impossible! BUT...................i do have one, and it's very dear to my heart!!!

"When you come back to me again" - Scarcrow

Why???

In January of 2002 my mom passed away. She battled colon cancer for 2 1/2 years. I am still not over her passing. I have 3 amazing, beautiful kids, and for them to not know who Grandma "Rosey" is why I am having such a hard time "dealing" with this. I gerw up without any of my grandparents and honestly, that's all I ever wanted for my kids. One day she and I will re-unite..........

The Dance - Its mine and my ex fiancees song and it reminds me of tragedys all over the world. Specially love hearing it live u can tell hes singing it fully from his heart.

Thunder Rolls - Reminds me how i felt wen my dad left my mum for another woman.

Standing Outside the Fire - In a way reminds me of how strong I had to get and how Ive had to take chances in my life and make it on my own without my ex. I especially love the video it describes it perfectly.

Friends in Low Places - Just describes me and my friends on a night out its always the song we play before we hit the town to get us in the mood.

Burning Bridges - Reminds me of my male friend whole song describes him.

Unanswered Prayers - Jus like he sings in the song, before I met my ex I liked someone else but i'm glad i had my ex he was my miracle in life and turned my wild ways around.

In Anothers Eyes - With the AMAZING Trisha Yearwood - I sing it with my dad at family weddings etc its our song, only because everyone says me and my dad are nothing like we are when you first meet us.

I CAN'T pick just one......

But if I had to,it would definately be "The Dance"-without a question about it.And if I'm in a REALLY emotional mood-I'll play the live version from 'Double Live-I get chills.Every single time.I actually listened to all of Double Live today for no apparent reason,other than the fact that it was Garth,of course.

Other than that-"The Beaches of Cheyenne",I don't really know what it was about that song but it's always been a favorite of mine.Also, "Wild As The Wind" with Trisha.....I love their harmony and I wonder if, by chance we HAPPEN to get the duets album if they would keep the live version or they would re-record it in studio.

Tiffany

I can pick two that mean alot to me. One is the "Dance" and the other is "If Tomorrow Nerver Comes".
    I was diagnosed with a terminal illness about 9 Yrs ago. And both songs where also played at my husbands funeral. It's true what he says even tho everything turned out the way it has I wouldn't have changed a thing. I have three beautiful kids and 2 grandkids and I can only pray that they know how much I love them and will be watching over them when I am called up to meet God.

Wolves.

Wow, trying to pick just one fave Garth song is like trying to pick just one fave thing ABOUT Garth himself! When I was in college, I was a retreat leader on this retreat called "Search." Some of the leaders (me included) gave "talks" about personal things that had happened in their life and I gave a talk about something I had never spoken about openly to anyone, until then. We all chose a song to play at the end of our talk that encompassed our experience and I chose "Victim of the Game." It was word for word my experience so I always hold that song near and dear to my heart.

I also love love LOVE Standing Outside the Fire. But the one that hits my heart is Victim of the Game.

The song about Garth' first love

"That Summer"

I dunno if I can pick a favorite...but one Garth song that I am really fond of at the moment is "It's Your Song" from Double Live.

+ Reply to Thread