+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trisha I-Squad

Trisha I-Squad

Did everyone get an e-mail or check the ty.com news page about Trisha's new I-Squad? It says coming soon but I checked it out & apparently you can join now, I did! Here's the link http://i-squad.com/public/blurb.html I didn't want to post it @ Trisha's board just in case it would be deleted because we haven't been given the official green light to begin, but it sure is up already.
    -marissa

The link is not working for me marissa, but thanks for posting and for the info

CC

Huh, I worked a minute ago!
    Here's the home page link http://i-squad.com/public.html
    Then just select Trisha where it says select an i-squad.

Awesome, thanks for the link. I just joined.
    Heather

Well, we would hope it would be official enough to post, now that TY.com has sent out a Trisha news email talking about the i-squad...but you never really know for sure!

Well I guess I don't have to hold my breath waiting(to certain death ) for Amber to reply to my question cos that page tells me that of course NO they don't have provisions for International fans. What a croc!!!

Lynette

Hmm.. interesting. I signed up for Trisha e-news but I haven't received any email notification of this I-squad.

~Ann~

yeah i agree lynette. this sucks!! Oh well i guess. i hope they fix it or change it so everyone can join.

The link to sign up was posted on the news page... but no announcement was made. So I made it.

-sandi

okay-what's going on?Am I the only one who hasn't gotten an email yet?I just registered for the i-squad ten minutes ago,and I still haven't got an email yet.Not only that,but I never got an email talking about the i-squad,either.I just happened to go to the news page and saw that.I signed up for the e-news thing.Am I the only one this is happening to?

Tiffany

I haven't gotten a verification email yet either....and had I not gone to the boards and saw the announcement that it was coming, I never would have known either.....I never got an email or anything from ty.com telling me that an i-squad was coming.....

For everyone that's not getting emails (or that is getting emails).... did you sign up to get emails through Trisha's website, or through the MCA site?

I'm just wondering which site is the one that's sending them; I signed up at both places and am getting emails.

-sandi

Okay,I just finally was able to get through.Jeremy,have you been able to?The deal is....is that AOL users have to set up a free accoount with yahoo or something and use that because of the way spam is filtered now and stuff.So,for any aol users out there-that's what worked for me.-But aol really sucks-because I was trying to make a request for "Georgia Rain" and due to the built in pop-up blocker...it's not letting me.This sucks

Tiffany

I hate street teams and i-squads. Let me give y'all a little perspective from the radio side of things to help you be more successful.

We got hit in the last 24 hours with a street team for a band, requesting a single that JUST was released, and no one in America seems to be playing yet. (They're a new group on an independent label.) Their requests stick out like a sore thumb, and just annoy us to the point where we have no desire to play the song - and we DO play requests, as people here can testify.

Here's what you CAN do to make your request successful. The biggest problems with street team requests is that you have no idea if the people doing the requesting are actually listeners.

1. Request at stations you actually listen to. Call the DJ by name, reference something going on on the station (I keep trying to win the Cash Cow Giveaway!), personalize it a little.

2. If you hear the song, write back and thank them. That lets them know you really are a listener, and your requests are credible.

3. 7 requests from the same email address in one day still only get looked at as one person requesting. And if you are requesting under multiple emails, space them out. If 7 out of 10 emails in an hour are for the same song, red flags go up.

4. Sign your requests with your name and city.

A good request:

Hey J., I love that new Trisha Yearwood song you guys just played. I'm a sucker for a good power ballad. Do you have the new Chely Wright single, The River? Would love to hear that on Highway 16!

Helen
    Alexandria, VA

Ok, street team rant is over. I wish you happy requesting!
    J.

J.--

Speaking of Trisha, she was up against Cowboy Troy tonight for the "smackdown rodeo"!

It made me laugh hysterically, knowing how "divided" you all are with that song. Not surprisingly, the audience here loved Cowboy Troy , but Trisha won by 60%.

And btw, no, I wasn't listening to the whole show... I just tuned in to the last 10 minutes, to see who won! I had to listen to Jo Dee.

We actually get a TON of requests for Cowboy Troy. I need to listen to his full CD, I'm not sure if I brought it home with me or not. Regardless of what he sounds like, I like to look at him!

oh... I digress.

Trisha. I've never gotten a hug from her. But anyway... did you vote for her?

LOL!! Almost every time it gets played, Jon goes "you guys request it as much as you hate it", or something like that. I don't doubt it!

You've never gotten a hug from Trisha? Her and Garth are tied for best hugs. And of course I voted for her (the past 3 nights)!

I was quite happy that Trisha got voted into our local radio stations "smackdown hallf of fame" she's the 101st inductee! I can't stand that new song from Cowboy Troy.. gosh I cant stand that Muzic Mafia crap either.. any who..Im off my soapbox now

God and peace,
    Vanessa

I still have nmot gotten my confirmation email....and I am on AOL, and I already have a yahoo account, so I guess I'll try again with that email address.....

I joined and got to do my first Request from a local radio station. Thanks to Producer J - I commented on what they just played and named the DJ by name.

I can totally understand the mixed reactions to Cowboy Troy. I first saw him during one of Big & Rich's awards show performances while flipping channels and had to quit flipping as I was a bit shocked...had to watch kind of like a train wreck. Initial response was "What the heck is that?" but the more I have listened the more fun I seem to have with it.

Pj!

Ya mean ya played Chicken with the Train and lived to tell?

+ Reply to Thread