+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star - Premieres Tonight!

Nashville Star - Premieres Tonight!

Remember Nashville Star has moved to Tuesdays and premieres tonight at 10pm E / 9pm C on the USA Network. I think I wrote about it... somewhere... I can't remember where now, LOL - but one of the contestants doesn't make it through her performance and hightails it off stage. There's a good looking George Strait type performer, a Buddy Holly wannabe, and a bunch of other colorful characters.

Phil Vassar and Bret Michaels are judges, and Bret is quite a character himself! I'm going to the Premiere Party tonight here in Nashville and we'll all be watching it along with you!

J.

Oh yeah... thanks for the reminder! I defininitely need it. I'll look for you in the crowd.

-sandi

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    I already have it Tivoed!!!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Been looking forward to this....thanks for the reminder Joyce.
    -Susan-

Thanks J! I'm interested to see what it will be like with Leanne Rhimes hosting. And ahh. Phil Vassar is one of the guest judges....are you reading Vanessa?!

Have fun at the premier party J

CC

Oh geez... I clearly can't type. I must have been thinking of Brett.

So... what do y'all think... is Jenny going to get booted tonight? Or someone else?

My boys are the special musical guest - Jen and I will be there!

Again... thanks for the reminder!!

Do you know where you'll be sitting? Call me and wave!

-sandi

I hope Jenny doesn't get booted. It would be too bad if she did. I'm not sure who I want to see go...I do know that I liked Jason but no one has really stood out for me yet.

I guess I'll have to cringe my way through the guest performance. I'll be looking for the two of you in the audience.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I'm glad the voters gave Jenny another shot at it. I wasn't really too upset to see Josh go....he was my least favorite from last weeks performances.
    I don't really have a favorite yet but I voted for Casey tonight.
    -Susan-

Hey Susan -

The girl from CMT Canada... who's name I'm blanking on at the moment... she's married to Keech from Lonestar.... UGH what is her name? At any rate, she was backstage doing interviews to tape last night. Keech is her cameraman, LOL. She interviewed Eddie and Troy... I was thinking y'all must have gotten the show a week late, because she talked to them as if the segment aired before the show, but obviously that isn't right. So what's the deal with her segments?

I correctly predicted three things tonight:
    1. Josh would get the boot
    2. They'd drag out the Jenny drama to make it go down to her and the looser
    3. Troy would look hot.

I'm three for three.

J.

Hi Joyce,
    Ya, that's Elissa Lansdell. She has a column on CMT Canada called Elissa's Insider...she's now their Nashville Correspondent. She will be adding little tidbits from backstage and from within the audience to share on the site every week. The segments she was taping is probably for their programming that they'll show snipets of during the week on their regular programming. It's funny how you mentioned that you thought we must be a week behind....that's how it was last year and it drove me nutts....I would read about it here or elsewhere before I got to see it.
    -Susan-

~~She mentioned they passed out little white barf bags at the premier party....did you get one...~~

Elissa! yes. Pretty girl.

Hmm... I did not get a barf bag... that's the first I heard about it. Then again, we left about 15 minutes after the actual show started because they had one little bitty tv in the entire side section of B.B. Kings, and you couldn't see or hear anything.

J.

MG were great J, and oh yes Troy looked hot as usual The morning crew did a phone interview with them yesterday morning. It was a cool surprise to turn on the radio and hear Eddie answering a question. I think it is good that Jenny got another chance....but my two favorites so far are Tamika and Jayron (think that's his name-he sang Broken Road...awesome! ).

My take on the barf jokes by Cletus...a little tacky lol.

CC

What did you all think of last nights performances?
    Tamika was right on again.....personally I think it might be between her and Jayron at the end.
    I predicted that Jody and Christy were gonna be the last ones and it wouldn't have hurt my feelings any to see Christy stay for one more week and Jody go.

I thought Jason's little clip before he sang was so touching, Chris must've been a huge influence on him.
    -Susan-

I really like Tamika too. And Jason... do you think he's too much like George Canyon? He seems like such a good guy... and yeah, his thing about Chris teared me up. I hope he goes far, though! I'd like to see it come down between these two.

Jayron's not bad, maybe he just reminds me of a Rascal Flatts type of thing too much, and I can't tell you how much I don't like them. But he is a big teddy bear, which I do like!

What about Erika Jo? They seem to like her a lot. I keep forgetting all about her.. until she starts singing. It just may be a women's competition... Huh.

-sandi

I knew Christy, so I hated to hear she got voted off. That is a girl who has personality for days!

Go Tamika Go!

J.

*Everyone* seems to have known her! lol A friend of mine in Nashville was trying to get me to vote for her, even though I refuse to vote in these things. Hey, maybe you know him!

-sandi

Oh my God, what the heck was that thing Jody did at the end of his performance?? I'm not likin' me some Jody at all!!
    Other than that I thought all the performances were pretty good last night....I thought Tamika and Erika Jo were the best.....seems there was a little friction there this week, I really hope that doesn't hurt Tamika's vote.
    I was shocked that Casey went instead of Justin....I thought he was doomed because of his remarks last week.
    -Susan-

It was great to see Sara Evans perform, she's just too cute and I love 'Suds In the Bucket.' Should be good to see Leanne and Bret perform together next week.

Leann and Bret together next week? I missed that part! I was trying to do too many things at once...heard something about Leann singing, but missed the Bret part. Wonder if they're doing his single?

-sandi

Rats! I missed it last night. I'll have to see when they will rerun it again.

CC

They're doing Every Rose Has It's Thorn. Phil will kick the show off with a medley of hits he's written. If you'd listen to XM you'd know that - along with what Tamika is struggling with on her song for next week.

Christy was the receptionist at Warner Brothers Records... she's one that if you met once, you remembered!

Erika Jo is a high school senior... she's done up like a 30 year old tv anchor woman. I wish she'd just be herself.

J. <--- lived all night with Hair Envy after seeing how gorgeous Sara Evans was.

I was in a meeting almost all morning!!!

I still think you should have talked to Bret. You can bet I will be watching next week, and trying to tune out Leann.

I fell asleep when they were down to the final two so I missed that (but I have it taped). What did Jody do at the end of his performance? I thought I saw his performance but must have missed it.

CC, the show repeats on Tuesdays at 1am (actually, early Wednesday morning), Saturdays at 1am (actually, early Sunday morning), Mondays at midnight and Tuesdays at noon (all Eastern time).

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

He did some sort of odd, wrap himself around the microphone stand, slink to the floor kind of thing. It was the oddest moment of the night.

Could they put the repeats on at any LESS convenient times?

By the way... each and every week that I'm there... and again tonight at the RF party... I see Jon Small. I met him briefly at the Scarecrow press conference, but at some point before this season is over, I am going to have a conversation with that man.

He IS the reason I'm in Nashville! Would I be too much of a germ if I tell him that?
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula
    CC, the show repeats on Tuesdays at 1am (actually, early Wednesday morning), Saturdays at 1am (actually, early Sunday morning), Mondays at midnight and Tuesdays at noon (all Eastern time).

Paula
    Thanks for the repeat info Paula ...yep kind of odd times (I am 3 hours ahead on this coast), but I might be able to watch the 3pm one Tuesdays.

And Joyce, go for it! You in no way resemble a germ lol.

CC

Aren't you 3 hours behind? So Noon Eastern is 9am Pacific ?

Or did you move to Europe and not tell us?

J.

Yes CC... please share.

And if you did... I'd like some swiss chocolates and some french wine....

Mmmm, Swiss chocolate is the best.

Something else about this weeks episode of NS that I thought was a little strange was Jason Meadows saying that the hardest thing about being out on the road would be, being faithful to his wife.....did anyone else find that strange or is it just me?
    -Susan-

+ Reply to Thread