+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most recent "unusual" Garth Song heard on radio

Most recent "unusual" Garth Song heard on radio

Most of our radio stations play a "usual" mix of GB songs each day. It seems to me they usually play the "standards" like "The Dance", "FLIP", and others.

Today, I heard my local station playing "She's every woman". I was pleasantly surprised.

What "unusual" song have YOU heard recently?

--spud--

Our local station only plays the ones you mentioned, but the awesome Canadian stations play everything. I've heard them play She's every woman, but I've also heard You move me, both live and studio versions of Where your road leads, and both versions of Squeeze me in.

I've even heard them play "I need you," by Trisha!

Sue
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

On "normal" radio... I heard "Two Piña Coladas", just last night!!

On "XM" ...I hear more. On the way to work yesterday I heard "In Another's Eyes", which I hadn't heard on the radio in forever. Wow.

-sandi

I heard "Dixie Chicken" on XM a couple of weeks ago. I also heard "Down on my Knees" from Trisha. I love XM!

I heard Lost in You not long ago while in the grocery store. It made me stop dead in my tracks.

Washington, DC U.S.A., Land of the Free, Home of the Brave!!!
    I recently heard Shameless and A Friend To Me both on the late night show!

Tina
    ...our lives are better left to chance, I could've missed the pain --- but I'd of had to miss the DANCE

Take it Easy, Take it Slow, Take it Light...Oh What the Heck Just Take It!!!

I heard 'She's Gonna Make It' yesterday by the Clear Channel station that doesn't normally play any Garth at all, and then on my classic country station I heard 'Alabama Clay', which I don't think was ever a single so it was a nice surprise.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I actually heard "It's Midnight Cinderella" not too long ago and "American Honky Tonk Bar Association" the other day. You don't hear those too often.

Have also heard "Learning to Live Again" a number of times on my favourite station; one of my absolute favourites. Hearing that on the radio is just amazing. It's so nice when radio stations play something other than the usual "hits".

Trisha seems to experience the same problem. All they ever seem to play of hers is "She's in Love with the Boy" or "How Do I Live". I'm always yelling at the radio "she has other great songs to play"!!!! My favourite station does like to play "I Don't Paint Myself into Corners" though, a song that didn't do anything on the charts at all.

Cathy

I heard the Live version of Two Pina Coladas on XM 11 today. I have Garth set as one of the artists it "beeps" me for when he comes on any channel. Although when I was driving home tonight, it beeped me to Montgomery Gentry (You Couldn't Change Me) on one channel, and about 15 seconds later, Garth (FILP) on another.

Sorry Garth.

J.

HOW do you set it to beep you?? Please tell me it does that on the first SkyFi...

I always hear Lost in You at the grocery store also. Did it happen to be Kroger? I wonder how they do their music, I know its not fm radio. Maybe xm?

Take Care,

Lisa
    To keep harmony in your marriage,Keep in tune with Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by sandis

HOW do you set it to beep you??
    I'd like to know this too! Did you upgrade J?

I know she has the SkyFi 2... I hope it's not a feature that only comes with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybunny31
    I always hear Lost in You at the grocery store also. Did it happen to be Kroger? I wonder how they do their music, I know its not fm radio. Maybe xm?

Take Care,

Lisa
    I always heard "Lost in you" when I was grocery shopping too...but I was in NY at Tops.

Sue
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

Being able to program a Garth alert would be an awesome selling point for me.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by TrishaNGarthFan
    Our local station only plays the ones you mentioned, but the awesome Canadian stations play everything. I've heard them play She's every woman, but I've also heard You move me, both live and studio versions of Where your road leads, and both versions of Squeeze me in.

I've even heard them play "I need you," by Trisha!

Sue
    i have never heard the studio version of where your road leads if anybody has a file to send over that would be great.

Last Friday, while driving to work, the radio station played Learning to Live Again. I was shocked because they usually stick with the big hits from Garth. It was a welcomed surprise.

Sorry I haven't been back here. yes the SkyFi2, the Roadys and the MyFi all have a feature called Tune Select... you can choose it to notify you when your favorite song or artist comes on. It works a little differently depending on the radio.. on my SF2 and my MyFi you can choose to be notified by either artist or by song... I choose by artist, which gives you a whole lot more bang for your buck. Gary has a Roady1 and that generation only gave you the song choice.

So yeah... a little Garth alert. :-) It's funny the variety of artists I have programmed... Garth and Montgomery Gentry of course, Jimmy Buffet, Train, Everclear, Chicago, REO Speedwagon, Bowling for Soup ('cuz I love 1985) and then my hubby programmed in Jim Croce and George Strait.

George definately gets the most beeps.
    J.

I'm going to have to upgrade...

I have a new $49 deal for either the Roady 2 or the SkyFi 2 SkyFi2 is the better radio, IMHO.

J.

HEY! Shouldn't you be packing????

J.

I might need to upgrade to. Is that deal open to all XM subscribers?

I heard a Garth song on the radio the other day that wasn't a usual one...I forget what it was though

allison.

I heard the live version of Friends In Low Places, from the This Is Garth Brooks tv special. Very Cool !!!!

Pam
    Pammy

Watch a flock of birds against the morning sun
    Close your eyes and listen to the river run
    Catch a firefly in your hand or a raindrop on your tongue. That's right ....

There is a God There is a God There is a God
    How much proof do you need?

There Is A God- Trent Willmon

I almost drove off the road today at lunch time when 'Squeeze Me In' came on our local country radio station.

It's nice to be back home in New York, but I sure do miss the Texas radio stations that play all different kinds of Garth, and Trisha too. It doesn't even have to be a single, for Texas stations to play a Garth song!

Sue

I caught two Garth songs in a row on different XM stations the other day even without a new receiver with alert capability.

First I heard Why Ain't I Running then shortly after I caught Cowboys & Angels (which I had NEVER heard on the radio before).

LOL - see you don't need the technology - you have Garth Radar!

Channel 10 plays Cowboys & Angels, Cowboy Bill, Alabama Clay, and some other album cuts like that.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerJ
    Channel 10 plays Cowboys & Angels, Cowboy Bill, Alabama Clay, and some other album cuts like that.
    Yep, it was Channel 10 with C&A and 11 with Why Ain't I Running.

I remembered the garth song I heard that I normally don't hear, Wild Horses....it's been awhile since I've heard that on the radio

allison.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerJ
    LOL - see you don't need the technology - you have Garth Radar!

J.
    I'm switching to Channel 10... and 11.

And yep.. I was packing, sort of... only took me a few hours. As you saw, I made it there, right?

-sandi

+ Reply to Thread