+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In Honor of Garth-Donate to St Judes!

In Honor of Garth

FYI

You can donate to St. Jude in honor of Garth!...just thought I would let you guys know.

http://www.countrycares.org/content/...llengefull.cfm

ber

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    Thanks Amber!!! Great Idea!!!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Very cool. Thanks Amber...looks like I'll be getting my checkbook out to write two very important checks this season.

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I am going to do all my Christmas Cards online so I have the extra money to donate.
    I figure 2 gifts are always better than 1!

ber

Guys...it is so sad... Garth only has $30 dollars donated. Heck even Achy Breaky Boy has more donations! Come on pgers....lets email people and get them to donate for garth!

ber
    Last edited by berriffic; 11-24-2004 at 06:31 PM. Reason: misspelling

ber,

How do you tell how much has been donated in Garth's name??

Moni

There's a tote board on St.Judes website--http://www.countrycares.org/content/dsp_clubs.cfm Gives the totals for all the artists involved and even lets you donate online

Yeah! What Griggs said! ehehehe Go to the link and click on the text highlighted below and it pops up with a screen of all the artists involved and total amount donated in their honor.

Make a Fan Club Donation Today! (Donation may be made in honor of listed artist or as a general donation.) ***ANY DONATIONS MADE AFTER 4PM ON TUESDAY, 11/23, WILL BE POSTED TO THE BOARD ON MONDAY, 11/29. *** Happy Thanksgiving!

<3 ber

Gotta be more

Hopefully when the St. Jude donation link is updated on the 29th, Garth will show A LOT more than $30!!! I made my donation!

keith fans are kicking butt with over 10 grand so far!!! Wow!

I expect that one reason there isn't more money donated in Garths name is that many of his fans here are donating to his charity Teammates for Kids, I figure since I'm giving to St. Judes in Trisha's Honor, and to TFK to Honor Garth, I don't need to do it in his name at St. Judes...its nice for his fans to have the choice now, and again, thanks Moni for collecting all our cards and money for Garth!! I cant wait to see how it goes!
    Oh and Amber, it might be nice if you go to Trisha site and do this- Pump up and inspire the Trisha fans to give...

I'm wondering if the totals on the St. Jude site are a cumulative amount for the year. I know they do a challenge thing around Fan Fair time where the different clubs collect donations.

Paula
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

The challenge runs from May to May each year. Usually the end of May with the winners being announced at the IFCO Fun Fest each year. Although, I believe with the renaming to Country Fans Care for St.Judes kids there's no winners or losers, just a tote board.

there aren't any winners or losers. Just a cool way to help kids and for Garth to get an extra special gift this year. I emailed about 20 people on my buddy list so I am hoping they will all donate 5 bucks......

Garth is at 180.00! Yay Pgers! Remember that if you want you name on the list that will be given to Garth in a stocking saying we donated in his honor you have to donate by 12/15!
    ber

That's really cool that his name can help St. Jude's raise money for research that way. I know they do a lot of research particularly on children's diseases so every dollar they get is saving children's lives. I think the main thing they research is cancer treatments but I believe they look for cures and treatment for heart disorders too, I saw something on their site about it. My sister used to participate in a program at school where kids would get pledges that would go to St. Judes and it was based on how many pages of a math booklet they completed correctly. It was a neat way to combine charity and education.

Last day for St. Jude

My friend at St Jude told me that you can still donate until midnight tonite in Garth's name. Let's see if we can give it a good push....even if we got another 10 people to donate 10.00....that's 100 for St. Jude. Plus I can just hear garth when he gets the stocking "Cool!' LOL

<3ber

Thanks for the reminder Amber. I made my donation, although there was no place to indicate that it was to be in Garth's name, except that I clicked his name to get to the donation form.

Paula
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

+ Reply to Thread