+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth's Best Album

Garth's Best Album

Out of every album Garth has ever made (including Christmas albums, and Chris Gaines and any other "extra" album he's done) which do you think is his best overall??

If you can share this, what about that album makes it stand out to you??

I love Garth's Double Live album. It represents how his concerts are. The best live show ever. My favorite studio album would be sevens because I just love every song.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer
    Out of every album Garth has ever made (including Christmas albums, and Chris Gaines and any other "extra" album he's done) which do you think is his best overall??

If you can share this, what about that album makes it stand out to you??

They all be very fine.

And very nice.

I have to say Double Live. It reminds me of alot of great memories, and also when you listen to it, you never feel alone in the world. Especially during UP and FILP.

Denise
    9*11*01 Always in my heart!

That is a tough one. I would have to say Double Live too cause It feels like I am right there with the crowd even though I have never been to a Garth concert. Just love how they sing along so perfect with Unanswered Prayers.

I cant pick one as my favorite. I love everyone of them equally, though I can say most of my favorite songs are ones that got no radio play.I would have to disagree on Double live though, I have been to 4 Garth concerts and Double Live is by far no substitution for being there.

Ropin the wind and The Chase... but I love them all. Scarecrow is the weakest but I still love it.

He may be only made of straw but he still has a big heart.

Musically it was different than what most of us were used to hearing from Garth, perhaps. But IMHO, it isn't his weakest. I think my favorite is The Hits followed by In Pieces and Scarecrow... The Chase is also up there. And Double Live is of course my favorite live recording from any artist. It was produced so perfectly... feels like you're at a real concert. If Garth's live album is like that on its own, it's hard to imagine what it's like to actually *be* there.

Can i cheat and say the boxed set? My vote would be for Sevens though. Great variety.
    --[ I live in my own little world. But it's OK... they know me here. ]--

I love Sevens. I could never hear "I Don't Have to Wonder" enough times. I also like what he wrote in his liner notes on that CD. I also love the Live album because it just puts a smile on my face to hear the crowd going crazy. I regret I never saw him in concert and that CD makes me realize every time I listen to it, what an experience I missed.

Carol
    Carol Ann

I agree.

Sevens is one of his best. When it came out, I wrote him a letter(never got anything back) but I told him that Sevens was his best CD and I listen to it all the time. I still do, but whenever I listen to him, I keep going back to The Hits. It's got all the great ones If I was stranded on a desert, I'd take The Hits. I wonder if he'll come out with another greatest hits package?

-Alicia

Quote Originally Posted by twister
    Can i cheat and say the boxed set?
    Good answer!

Of course, that leaves out Sevens, Scarecrow, Chris Gaines, Double Live, and the Christmas Albums...

They're all desert island material.

For me, it's Fresh Horses. Gosh this cd makes me cry with it's beauty.

Imho, Double Live and The Hits stand alone cos they are 'hits' cds and it's often the other songs that can 'make' a cd.

Lynette

Good choice L!

It's hard to pick the best but if I had to I'd have to say either "The Chase" or "Ropin' the Wind."

Sue
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

While I love all his CD's I would have to say Scarecrow. I know some of you think it's weak, but to me it is soooo personal. Its like looking into those years when he was away before his retirement and while he was away on the World Tour and seeing his emotions. If you listen carefully to every CD, you can hear his thoughts and feelings in some of his songs, look beyond the flutter of your own soul and listen to the words the man wrote. Your heart aches by the end of Scarecrow for him, at least for me it does. IMHO, just wanted to share.

Olivia

Best of a Bunch of Bests

I would have to say that Sevens and The Chase are my favorites. I haved loved all his releses but these two really stand out for me!

Casey

Sevens because of the variety of songs on it.

I would have to say that the "Magic of Christmas" is my favorite album, either the original issue, or the one with the three songs from "Call me Claus". It is just so much fun listening to Garth singing the Christmas "classics" with a big band. "Scarecrow" is a sentimental favorite because it was his "last" album. I actually like all of his albums, even the "Chris Gaines" one. My favorites are the ones where I like or love every song on the album.
    Bee

My favorite would have to be Double Live. I am obsessed with live music and the only thing I don't like is the way We Shall Be Free starts. I was at amazon.com and was reading some reviews on it and look how dumb of a review this is:

Not the Best, September 9, 2004
    Reviewer: Polly want a Cracker

"Garth Brooks Double Live" is an album that I find hard to listen to. I find it hard to listen to because Garth Brooks has talent, but this CD does not show it. I love the fact that Garth Brooks sings so many styles of music; I hate when I buy a CD and it has only fast or only slow music on it. I also like that he ends the CD with "The Dance" because it makes a fitting conclusion to the album. However, this album is heartbreaking to me when I see so much talent go to waste. It could be his greatest work, but because of one simple reason, it is his worst.
    The reason that "Double Live" was ruined for me is that I am not a fan of live music. With live music, the artist does not have perfect acoustics or the technology to achieve the finest voice quality. Another problem I have with live music is that the artists always have the audience sing along with them. When I buy an album, I buy it because I like the artist, instead now I own a Garth Brooks album, but he only sings half of it. The other half is sung by other fans that I do not know, and I cannot understand the words. The last thing that I do not like about live albums is that the artist can screw up too easily. In the Garth Brooks album, he starts to cry in his last song, and while "The Dance" is a touching song the artist should not show it in his voice. For a live concert it would be more touching if he had a tear roll down his cheek, but when he cries it sounds like his voice cracks. While I love Brooks' music and his variety of songs, I think he should stick to the recording studio. From now on I will only buy Garth's studio versions. They are actually worth listening.
    if you could see yourself the way that others do, you'd wish you were as beautiful as you

The word "Live" on "Double Live" should have been her/his first clue that it might be "Live" music. If you don't like "Live" music, put the CD down and move along. Unless it was one of those stores where the sales clerk puts a gun to your head and makes you buy stuff.

~Ann~

definitely the boxed set

...but that leaves out Scarecrow and sevens and the Christmas albums

...I can't pick!!

It also leaves out Chris Gaines!

The reason I'm even here!!!

My favourite album is "In Pieces," I absolutely love all the songs on it, especially Red Strokes (my all time favourite), The Cowboy Song, and One Night a Day.
    I love Garth Brooks!

In the USA, the best country in the world

Easy answer- No fences

I'd have to say No fences... it was the first album I listened to, it showed me tha you could sing about God and still make great music, and it was the first Garth album I bought myself- there's a lot of memories connected to that album-

Garth Brooks has my favorite song on it, but overall no fences is the best...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread