+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Place For Kids To Heal

A Place For Kids To Heal

It was Erin's last wish.

She said 'how about a camp for kids? To help them heal!" She said 'how about a place the kids will always remember?"

That place is Camp Erin.

The Moyer Foundation opened the camp in partnership with Providence Hospice of Seattle Foundation. A grant in the amount of $125,000 provided by The Moyer Foundation as well as Costco and Garth Brooks Foundation allows the children to attend Camp Erin free of charge.

The grief camp is designed for children ages 5-18. There's a camp this week-end in Snohomish County but right now there's a waiting list.

For More Information:

www.moyerfoundation or call 206-298-1217

http://www.komotv.com/stories/32977.htm

Thanks for sharing...

Sounds like a really cool place. I just saw on the news somethere that a camp like this was started for the children of 9/11. Some of the mentors are survivors who are giving back.

Denise
    Last edited by phillygirl4garth; 09-17-2004 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Can't spell
    9*11*01 Always in my heart!

What a genuine personality and classy gentleman! It's great that he supports causes like that.

A Loving Thing To Do

I think it is wondeful of Garth to help children. My son has Neurofibromatosis, which is kind of like the disorder that John Merrick had (the elephant man). There is no cure and there is not a lot of information about this disorder. He has been sick for the past few days and he has to go to the doctor on November 11th. I have not been to visit Planet Garth for a while. Anyway the only way to try to cure something is to study it, and that takes money.

Thanks Garth
    Autumn

+ Reply to Thread