+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Readers Name a Host of Possible Hosts

Readers Name a Host of Possible Hosts

Readers Name a Host of Possible Hosts

Hot Talk's vast -- make that half-vast -- readership has some strong opinions on who should host the CMA Awards show now that Vince Gill has bowed out. "Who could be better than Dolly Parton?" asks Chris Barnes. "EVERYBODY knows Dolly, and she is one of the few country stars who can read a Teleprompter and make it sound like she's making it up off the top of her head." Point taken. After scorning the notion that vitriolic Simon Cowell might be good for the job, W. Kaye Ashley adds to the list of possibilities the names of Emmylou Harris, Kris Kristofferson, Buck Owens, Tom T. Hall and Hank Williams Jr. I don't know about that last one, W. Kaye. Do you really trust Bocephus to behave himself in a room full of tuxes.

Most agreed that Garth Brooks would be the prize catch for emcee. "I think we do need some Garth magic," writes Spc. Shane Wayment from the Al Taji military base in Iraq. "I saw when he and Trisha Yearwood sang 'Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man' for Loretta Lynn at the Kennedy Center [and] I have always liked his music." An unidentified correspondent asks, "How about Eddy [Arnold] and Garth together? I'd like to see that!" Same here, buddy. Jaret Raynes is another Garthophile: "I think that [he] deserves that honor more than anybody else and fits the spot better than anybody else." OK, CMA, the people have spoken. Ignore them at your peril.

Of course I love you -- I'm just not demonstrative. But you can be by posting your thoughts and news to HotTalk@CMT.com.

http://www.cmt.com/artists/news/1484...ks_garth.jhtml

~Ann~

Ok PGers! Let's flood Edward with email!

And for starters, we need to teach him the correct term is "GarthNutts" not Garthophiles. Jeepers, save that for Michael Jackson fans.

(I'll be here all week... no hate mail please...)

Or... maybe we should flood the CMA with email...

Ya wanna?

I'm game! We need to send emails!!

Moni

Good idea Joyce......I just sent an e-mail to Hottalk, applauding Ed on his column
    I agree....Garthophile....that just doesn't sound good at all
    -Susan-

@ Joyce. I Wanna... and I'm Gonna!

Krystal

Edward already sent me an email back, thanking me for my support and he said, "Wouldn't it be great to see Garth back?"

I wasn't expecting a reply....that was good of him
    -Susan-

+ Reply to Thread