+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Garth Music ?

New Garth Music ?

Hi there

I work as a morning DJ on a country station in Ohio.

A Couple months ago, my boss and I were shooting the breeze in the studio during a commercial break and he brought up some info that a friend of his at Capitol Records passed along to him.

It seems that Garth HAS contacted Capitol Records about doing some new music. He has been putting songs on hold, and booking studio time.

He did say that Capitol Has enough left over material(dropped songs from other albums) for 2 more albums. Plus, there are alot of covers left from the live album recordings that could be used for a second live album.

so, I am wondering if the studion time could be for the duet album, a new album of music or just to cut some demos?

I wouldn't promise that to be so true... personally. Garth's not been in Nashville in a while, yet alone in a studio. BUt, I guess ya always gotta hope it would be there... but, why release an album when you can't back it up on tour.

Garth has always said, he would leave if he couldn't give 110% to his music, and that he can't do right now.

Neil,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and info with us!

It's such a bittersweet feeling. I personally don't want to get any hopes up of Garth recording again, but there's always been this gut feeling telling me he wouldn't stay retired till Allie's 18!

Who knows what will happen? I just want him to be happy!

Truthfully, I'd love to hear the uncut stuff that didn't make the other albums! I bet there's a goldmine sitting in the Capitol Vaults!

Jason,

There's always a chance Garth could change his mind about recording or touring. He's been known to change his mind before

Garth,

The lights still on... bright and shining your way! We'll be here when you come back to us again!

H&H
    Moni

Thanks Neal for sharing this with us. I can't add anything to what Moni said except that I have this gut feeling about the Duets album. I can't explain it... maybe it's just that little bubbly feeling called hope. At this point... I'd prolly melt over Garth singing the alphabet.

Always Hopeful
    Krystal

Hey Neal! Nice to see you.

When Garth was in Nashville a couple of months back recording, the rumor was it was for the soundtrack for the Sandra Bullock movie he's producing. I guess when he wants us to know about it he'll tell us. But it is fun to think about the possibilities, isn't it?

I learned the other day that there is a studio version of It's Your Song that was cut first, I'm adding that to my list of stuff I'd love to hear drug out of the Capitol vault!

J.

Joyce... it was released to radio with the LIVE version of "It's Your Song"

Just look on ebay for the single.. as BOTH versions appear on it. It's not in Garth's vault.. only unreleased stuff is there

Moni, sorry.. he's NOT un-retiring from Music to do a full album of his own. Yes he's changed his mind many times in the past, but not this time, not yet.

Krystal, I agree with you. I would love to hear Garth sing anything new, including the alphabet. LOL!

I guess I've seen enough rumors start on here to realize that neither giving too much credit to them or completely discrediting them is an appropriate response, at least not until more information is available . It would be neat if Garth had something in the works .

I wouldn't be surprised if something appears on Trisha's next album, at least! Please!!!

Ok, let's just say I'm very much hoping for that!!!!

-Sandi

Jason....... how do you know? Seriously, you sound like you are on a person to person level with Garth.
    Tricia

Quote Originally Posted by sandis
    I wouldn't be surprised if something appears on Trisha's next album, at least!
    Ya Sandi, even just one duet would be great
    -Susan-

Quote Originally Posted by wmcinnis
    Ya Sandi, even just one duet would be great
    -Susan-

I bet he would at least be singing background vocals, or harmony, don't you think? Better than nothing, although I totally agree with you on the duet!

There was an article in the Tennessean today on the outlook of country music for 2004, and there was line it saying that her cd should come out towards the end of the year. I guess another few months until we find out!

-Sandi

I know at one time it was going around that “Sprinkler Queen” might possibly be the sequel to Miss Congeniality. But in this article, it appears they are two separate films. In Sandra’s info you can see that “Sprinkler Queen” isn’t even close to being on her “agenda”. Then again maybe she’s not acting in it or producing it… maybe it’s just something her production company is involved with. Then again…. I could probably find Elvis Presley’s dental records on the internet faster than I can find anything about this movie… which tells me this movie is prolly just in the first stages. So my question is…. is that normal to record or work on the music for a soundtrack when a movie is just in it’s first stages? If I’m not mistaken… didn’t Garth record TMYFML after the movie scenes had already been shot? And I swear I remember him talking about writing WYCBTMA much the same way. Now I’m not claiming to be on the up and up on the whole recording music for a soundtrack thingy… that’s why I’m asking. It just doesn’t sound legit. Does it sound weird to anyone else or is it just me?

At any rate, I agree with Sandi.... I wouldn't be surprised if at least one duet appeared on Trisha's upcoming new album.

Krystal

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    So my question is…. is that normal to record or work on the music for a soundtrack when a movie is just in it’s first stages?
    Exhibit A: The Lamb

Ya know... that didn't even cross my mind. But, I would think that The Lamb was a special circumstance... would you agree?

It sure does hint that Garth just might do things alot differently with movie soundtracks. I wonder if he's busy too helping others get established as recording artists? That would suit me just fine, knowing he's there still making a difference bringing others into the spotlight to go where he can't now.

I would hope that the Lamb was a learning experience. Obviously... the cart got way before the horse. Had the movie followed it shortly the world would think of Chris Gaines in a whole other way. But the movie didn't even have a script - and still doesn't to our latest update - when he did the music for it.

J.

Things have a way of working out for the best in the long run.

+ Reply to Thread