+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Star Cleaning

Star Cleaning

Hello,

Just want to check and see if anyone is doing the Star Cleaning this year.

DR

Isn't it normally done Feb 7 for Garth's birthday?

Sacramento, CA by way of NY, WY, CO, AL, MI and SO CA.
    Hi DR!
    Stephanie and I were talking about the annual cleaning Friday night.
    We are thinking about heading down.
    Have you heard from anyone else?
    Alexa

I love the star cleaning! I'm with you in spirit, I love hearing the stories y'all bring back.

Thank you for keeping the tradition alive!

J.

?

I've never heard of Star Cleaning, what is it?

Thanks
    Amanda
    Amanda
    "There are two females I take advice from. One is my mom, and the other is Trisha Yearwood."
    --Garth Brooks

Wow... is it already time? Take lots of pictures yall!

Krystal

Quote Originally Posted by Trish&GarthFan
    I've never heard of Star Cleaning, what is it?
    A group of folks visit Garth's star on the Hollywood walk of fame and clean and polish it on his birthday. They usually make quite an event out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by amd-b
    Hi DR!
    Stephanie and I were talking about the annual cleaning Friday night.
    We are thinking about heading down.
    Have you heard from anyone else?
    Alexa

Hey....

I am looking forward to seeing all the WWW at the event. I hope we can get some more people out to have fun, chat and then head over for food. DR

Once the "core" group decides on a time to get together, I can post an invitation on the home page if you'd like to open it up to all Garth fans.

Just let me know.
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerJ
    Once the "core" group decides on a time to get together, I can post an invitation on the home page if you'd like to open it up to all Garth fans.

Just let me know.
    J.
    Anyone interested in joining, let us know.
    Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan
    Anyone interested in joining, let us know.
    I am seeing a handful of replies that we will be meeting on Saturday the 7th. Time hasnt been comfirmed. Anyone who wants to join in, let us no.

The Star Cleaning

Alexa and I were there for the first time last year and we had a blast. We meet where his star is...directly in front of Capitol Records. Can't go in or out of that building without walking on or around his star. Although we spend about five minutes polishing the star, we mainly go to meet other fans, talk about Garth, talk about our Garth moments, flash our pictures taken with Garth (well, maybe not all of us; just the lucky ones!), to nibble on snacks, and for at least two of us, to play guitars and sing his music (other musicians especially welcome!).

EVERYONE is welcome, and encourged to attend. After we talk for about 5 or 6 hours, we walk a block to a nearby restaurant, where we talk even more about Garth, and about ourselves and each other. The time just flies by and it is a little sad when we all depart, but our hearts are full and we are glad we came. Last year, we took photos and made a tape of all of us singing "Happy Birthday" to Garth and including individual messages from each person there; sent it to Red Strokes Entertainment, but he apparently never got it (according to Liz, who saw him in March, he told her that he doesn't get everything sent to him via RSE, and he was sorry he hadn't gotten it); so we made up another tape with photos, which apparently still hasn't gotten to him yet, but maybe this year, he'll get it.

So, come sing Happy Birthday to Garth, and have your picture taken!

yodelgal (Stephanie)

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    I was watching Regis and Kelly the other day and they are in CA. Some kid in the audience told Regis she went to clean his star on the walk of fame. I immediately thought of you guys!!!

Post all the antics!! wish I could go!!!

Jo@nn
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Just wanted to bring this back to the top.

So far we have 6 people committed to cleaning Garth's star next weekend. I don't have an exact time yet, but it looks like there will be someone at the star all afternoon on Saturday the 7th.
    The agenda is to meet, talk, laugh... have a good time, eat and clean the star. There will be some great music too. We will go to dinner after dark.

The more people we have the better. Please come down and join us in front of the Capitol building on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by amd-b
    Just wanted to bring this back to the top.

So far we have 6 people committed to cleaning Garth's star next weekend. I don't have an exact time yet, but it looks like there will be someone at the star all afternoon on Saturday the 7th.
    The agenda is to meet, talk, laugh... have a good time, eat and clean the star. There will be some great music too. We will go to dinner after dark.

The more people we have the better. Please come down and join us in front of the Capitol building on Saturday.
    Just a quick clarification. We're meeting in front of the Capitol Records Co. (that's just in case there is a capitol building). So get your butts out there!

Stephanie

Hey guys - would you like me to post a little 'who, what, when, where' on the home page, or would you prefer to keep it small and private?

If you want to get the word out... I can help.... But I understand the joy in good friends and good times too.

J.

Since I seem to be the token male represenative for the group, I personally would like to see more www women there. <WEG> I mean I appreciate the wonderful women who make the trek to clean the star but you know us guys, we like lots of choices. Hehehehehehehe...So I see no problem posting something to get more people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerJ
    Hey guys - would you like me to post a little 'who, what, when, where' on the home page, or would you prefer to keep it small and private?

If you want to get the word out... I can help.... But I understand the joy in good friends and good times too.

J.

Ok, so Saturday the 7th, Garth's star in front of Capitol Records, all GarthNutts welcome, Garth's.... 42nd birthday?, Garth apparel, photos, and stories welcome..

someone throw out a time please, and I'll put it up!
    oh, and how many years is this that you've done it? will this be the 3rd?
    J.

I am still trying to get an exact time that everyone will be there. Hopefully, I can get a time by tomorrow night. I am not positive how many years but I think it is the 4th.

I too am okay with a posting on the home page. The more the merrier!

Alexa

Sorry i didn't post here sooner, had some health stuff come up at the last minute i had to take care of. my apologies Joyce and everyone for not responding sooner,

its our 4th yr.

it was sunny and warm, and it was Cara, Alexa, Yodel Gal, and myself.

(Hubby and son and a friend were up around the corner at the Beatles star for the 40th celebration and joined us later, but thats a whole 'nother story on its own)

Unfortunetly JoAnn, and Kathy couldn't make it this yr. And we missed them very much. (Hope ya'll can make it next yr)

we are still wondering what happened to DR. we missed you mang! where were you?

if you read this, i had to redo my whole computer and don't have your addy at the moment. So email me please, so we know you're okey,

okey?

at first the security at Capitol Records weren't sure they wanted us there. they have been getting stuff left at their door step and didn't want us near the door. it used to be you could park out front, but of the parking meters were taken out months ago.

Luckily there's a parking lot next door. you have to pay, but hey

this is Garth and Stillwater we are talking about, so it was worth it.

(probably people upset at the suing of kids by the Record companies)

i noticed in Dec. 2003 when we were there for John Lennon's celebration that Garth's star was very dirty and had scuff marks as they are about 50 ft away from each other. But i guess the people with the machine that cleans all the stars had been by since then cos it looked alot better this past Sat.

Yodel Gal brought her geetar, i brought my fiddle and banjo. and we played and sang Garth and other songs and serenaded Alexa. Wish ya'll could hear Stephanie sing, she has such a great voice. and i love to hear her yodel. She's awsome!

(Girl, im gonna have to work on playing the geetar/banjo and singing at the same time lol! is that anything like chewing gum and walking at the same time? next time i promise i'll be able to keep up with you.)

as we were waiting for everyone, singing, talking and muching on chips and salsa there was a mother and daughter who happened to be in from Houston, and they came by just to get a look and a pic of the star cos they were big fans,

then another lady saw the star and exclaimed "Garth Brooks! i love Garth Brooks!" but she was with someone else and they couldnt stay. (sigh)

when everyone got there we got down and cleaned it up real "'purty" and put a touch of wax to make sure it stays that way for awhile. we shined up the brass till it outshone the sun. yup, when we do a job we do a good one

(while we did that Sean and Cory cleaned John's star )

we lit a heart shaped candle and Cara brought cup cakes so we took some pics of the heart on the star and the cup cakes in our hands. by then the Santa Ana winds had picked up and nothing would stay lit. but i think we managed to get a pic of the candle lit on the star.

then we made another tape to send to Garth wishing him (and everyone in the Stillwater Band) a Happy Birthday.

i wore my ireland mo better shirt in honor of the members of Stillwater cos i consider that star theirs too. Hopefully he'll get this one, and i hope he passes the message to the James and the rest of the band that we were thinking of them too.

and Stephanie and i sang "Danny Boy" on the tape just for the heck of it.

i had hoped to have a surprise for everyone, but it's still being mixed. But Cara had a even better surprise for us all.

She's gonna be a mom. im soooo happy for her and her hubby.

it was the perfect topper to a great day.

we walked around the corner to a little Thai place and had dinner; part of mine is still in the fridge, when i eat it today for lunch i'm gonna think of all the fun we had Saturday.

this was a first for my hubby. He usually stays home, and he found out how great Cara, Stephanie and Alexa are and was very glad i talked him into taking Sean to the Beatles star and meeting us back at Garth's star.

we must have told a million people were the Beatle celebration was being held, as everyone thought it would be in front of the Capitol building.

lol, the Beatles and Capitol owe us Garth fans.

they should've sent a cake for Garth too. They were the country music equivalent of the Beatles imo. and just as important.

i thought it was kinda neat that the 40th anniversary and Garth B-day are the same considering the big impact both made in music.

the Beatles changed rock and pop and we knew it. And Garth and Stillwater changed country music as we all knew it

for the better!

we need to get a letter with signatures on it from everyone here and send it to the people who deal with the stars. There's alot of cracks in Garths star.

Garth and Stillwater need a new star, i think.

as Alexa put it so perfectly 364 days to go,

i miss ya'll already!

i don't have pics, my camera may not have been functioning, and its the old fashioned kind with regular film but Alexa and Stephanie did get pics with their 35 mm and digital cameras,

maybe they will post some of them on here.

anyway it was alot of fun as usual, and i am proud to say i met all of these fine people

as a friend thru Garth.
    take care,

lil'bit

COOL! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Pics PLEASE!!!!

--spud--

Thanks for polishing up the star's star. One of these years I'm going to make that trip. Glad you all had fun.

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Thanks for the bringing us there with you!! Sounds like a fun day!!
    Jo@nn
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn

I am sorry it has taken me so long to get on line.
    deAnnaLynn described the day very well.
    It was terrific seeing everyone and listening to great music.
    JoAnn, Kathy and DR were missed - they had better be there next year!
    We did end up with 7 again with the addition of deAnna's family.
    I saw in another posting Garth may have been in LA.... I wonder if he drove by to see the star shine....

Picture #1 - deAnnaLynn, Cara, Stephanie and me.

Alexa
    Attached Images

#2 cleaning the star
    Attached Images

You need sunglasses - the shine is so bright!
    Attached Images

The party across the street.
    Attached Images

Those are great pictures, it looks like everyone had a wonderful time!! Thanks for putting them up! I've been to L.A. but never to Garth's star...I'll have to do that next time!

-Sandi

Like Sandi said!! Great pictures. Thanks for sharing...

Jo@nn
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn

Ditto!

Krystal

+ Reply to Thread