+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Garth Moment

My Garth Moment

No, I still have not met him in person even though I live so close but what I got today made it so I could die a happy man!

If any of you read my earlier post about me not having a good past 3 months or so you know I was feeling blue. Yesterday i started thinking about all the great advice I got from fellow PGers and decided to stop beating myself up. Today was better, even though I got some bad news about Steph's health. She is somewhat better by the way. Then my best friend who i was so blue over called me this afternoon and we finally talked. It was great! Driving home I was feeling good jamming to some Beer Run LOL

Got home, went to the mailbox and cheked the mail. Seen a huge padded envelope cramed into the mailbox. What is this? i asked. Once I finally got it out and realized who it was from I about peed my pants.

Wondering what it is yet? I bet you are! but I have to set another scene for you....LOL

Back in September the car and truck club I am in held a car show to Benefit the American Cancer Society. All proceeds went to them. One of our members of the car club knows somebody who knows somebody really important to Garth. He got her to see if Garth would be willing to put something up for silent auction to benefit. He said yes. Fast forward, I won the auction. WOOOOHOOOO!!!

Since September I had been waiting patiently(yeah right) for this to come in. that is what came in the big huge yellow envelope!

Have i built any sort of excitement yet? Well If I can't get the pictures to attach you will have to wait longer!

***I have enlisted the help of Paula, maybe she can get them attached ***

I had to resize the pictures because they were too big...hope this works.
    Attached Images

Wow. Congratulations!!! What did he sign?? See you at?? Sorry I couldn't make it out

Angel

VERY VERY COOL CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love those surprises in the mail

Pam
    Proud Wife of the
    8th Civil Engineer Squadron Commander
    (A.K.A. The Devil)
    Kunsan AB, Korea
    Pammy

Watch a flock of birds against the morning sun
    Close your eyes and listen to the river run
    Catch a firefly in your hand or a raindrop on your tongue. That's right ....

There is a God There is a God There is a God
    How much proof do you need?

There Is A God- Trent Willmon

AWESOME Chris ! I'm so happy that you're happy.

Brighter days do come after the dark ones don't they?

So what are you going to do with it?
    Joyce

Yes Chris, What are you going to do with it?
    That would sure brighten my worst day.

Thanks everybody! It was the light that brighten my day!

I didn't see him. He agreed through someone else to sign something for the high bidder of a benefit auction. the proceeds went to the American Cancer society. I won the auction, they had me write a letter, give it to this guy and this guy got it to someone else. Complicated process kinda. Anyway, after it got signed, it came from Nashville.

I didn't know if you could tell or not, but its a "Mo" Betta shirt. I have more pics if someone wants to see them, PM me.

Its says,

Chris,
    See you at Atwoods!
    God Bless you Okie
    Garth Brooks

I thought I seen him coming out of Atwoods(Farm and supply store) one day when my brother and I were going in. We passed, I looked at him and went on. Then we got in the doors and I asked my brother, "was that Garth?" He said probably not, too tall. Then we seen a few ladies showing off their new signed Atwoods vests. So I'm pretty sure it was. I told him that in the letter I wrote to him. thus the reason for the "See you at Atwoods" thing. I thought it was pretty damn cool that he read the letter!

I'm going to try and find a frame for it, or have one custom made for me. Then when I die, I will be buried in it! LOL

Chris

That's awesome, Chris! Just like Garth to write something like that too.

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

OMG... Chris... that is SO AWESOME! I am beeming from ear to ear for you!

Krystal

Wow

lucky guy

That is so cool Chris and it couldn't have come at a better time to brighten your spirits
    -Susan-

WOW CHRIS
    Isn't Garth the best gotta love him..That is so so cool for him to personalize it like that but it doesn't surprise me..
    HUGGS!!!
    Tina and Steph

+ Reply to Thread