+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the guitars played on DL

the guitars played on DL

I know that there are three kinds of guitars used on DL: electric, steel and acoustic.

can someone tell me on what songs are these guitars used and the differences and/or similarites between all three? thanks

god and peace,
    Vanessa

acoustic in a non electric geetar. (Garth, James, Debbie, Mark, Steve and Stephanie Davis) it doesn't sound the same as a electric geetar does when it has a pick up on or in it. it has a full sweet sound even amplified. it can be tuned normal or to a key

electric geetar (James Garver, Steve, Garth, you can make it sound several different ways, buy turning the knobs that you see, using the wah bar, and stepping on pedals patched into the sound board. it can sound clean, dirty, or that long spacey thing that James does sometimes, (that i just love to death hehehe) doens't make much of a sound when you don't have it plugged in tho. it can be tuned normal or in a key too

steel geetar is the geetar that Steve plays. it looks like a square electric geetar turned face up and is played by plucking the strings and using the slide (that little metal bar he holds) some also have pedals. it's tuned to a key.

bass geetar (Mark) has 4-6 strings and is the bass notes of the songs.
    when you play a chord on a regular geetar the lowest note will be the bass note.

oh yeah an the fiddle, is a violin. if you play classical music ie Beethoveen then its a violin if you play bluegrass, irish tradi. its a fiddle.

deann- that's really impressive! that like a darn plethora of info! thanks for answering the question

god and peace,
    Vanessa

hehehe, sorry i got carried away.

sigh,

miss those guys
    take care,

lil'bit

Very cool info D! It's hard to live in Music City and be as musically stupid as I am.

by the way, I've always been curious, why do you spell guitar that way?
    J.

hehehe

don't laugh toooo hard now,

its easier for me to type

i type almost 100 words a minute and guitar will always get typed as giutar lol
    take care,

lil'bit

+ Reply to Thread