+ Reply to Thread

Thread: if garth wasn't with Capitol Records..

if garth wasn't with Capitol Records..

we know that in the past Capitol Records has been supportive of Garth's career.. but do you think that if Garth hadn't gone to Capitol.. say Arista or Sony or some other label at the beggining of his career that he would have been as successful as he is today?

god and peace,
    Vanessa

well.... I dont' think Capitol has always been as supportive as Garth would have liked them to have been.

I don't think country music would be the same had Garth gotten signed by another label. You'd have to re-write history. Say he did get signed to Arista in the late 80's. Would they have given him the control that Capitol did? And if so, if he was the big man on campus the way he was at Capitol, does that mean we'd have never gotten Alan Jackson? Or if he'd have gone to RCA, would we know who Clint Black was today? Or if Clint had gotten signed to Capitol, would we know who Garth was? or would we all be hanging out at the Black Board?

I think any one of a zillion decisions could have changed the outcome of history. I bet that there are dozens of artist wanna be's waiting tables all over this city that say to themselves, "if only Capitol had signed ME in the late 80's instead of that darn cowboy from Oklahoma!"

J.

like the one that got sick at the bluebird... that Garth "filled his spot in the roster" and Capitol noticed him for the 2nd time.. this time to sign the deal.

Extra credit point... who was the guy that got sick?

(Hint: his a pretty well known songwriter in Nashville, but never made it as a singer.)
    hehe

Ive always wondered who it was that got sick and Garth filled in for him??

I would also like to know who it was that came in during Garth's 1st meeting with Capitol asking for a $500.00 advance. Was this ever told??

TC,

Lisa
    To keep harmony in your marriage,Keep in tune with Jesus Christ.

I can't even imagine what my life would still be like if Garth had never done Chris Gaines Greatest Hits! He changed my course so much for the better!

Ditto, Dale, since it was Chris Gaines that actually started the snowball effect for me. Let's just say he was the bait and I bit!

Krystal

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzwuzz
    I can't even imagine what my life would still be like if Garth had never done Chris Gaines Greatest Hits! He changed my course so much for the better!
    I affirm your statements! My life was a horrendous nightmare until I heard his songs and found inner peace in my dreams through the music.

Jeanne

To me, Chris Gaines is more than just good bait. He's more like the main course and everything that goes with it! So, while I'll be having The Lamb, some will be having all the crow they could ever eat! Ha! Ha!

Right on, Dale!

Krystal

+ Reply to Thread