+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inside Fame

Inside Fame

Hey everyone...i haven't posted in a long time, but I am always reading everyone posts to catch up on everything. I just got done watching Garth Brooks Inside Fame for like the 6th time since it aired. Everytime I watch it, my eyes fill up with tears. He is such an emotional guy, He's not afraid to show his feelings, I think that is one of the reasons why i love him as much as I do.
    A lot of people think that Garth Brooks career is over for good, but I know it isn't. I just hope that one day he proves to all the critics and everyone else who doubts him, that he can be just as big as he was 4 years ago. I know he still has it. I think people are just jealous, b/c they could never reach a goal as high as he has.
    I was just listening to scarecrow the other day, and I couldn't help but wonder why it didn't do all that great in sales and why he hasn't had a #1 off of it. I think that is one of the best cd's that he has out. I love that cd, and It has such personal meanings behind the songs. They deal with real life situations. It just makes me sad to see such a wonderful project that he put out not get the credit it deserves.
    Holly Wolo

The thing that irks me is when others try to put Chris Gaines in a box marked "failure." If they only knew the true potential waiting to be unlocked from that box!

Kizzy,

I understand what you are saying about Scarecrow; but I believe that in order for an artist to have a #1 hit.. the record label must back the artist and help them acheive that #1 spot by requesting airplay.

Capitol didn't do that with Scarecrow. Maybe that's the way Garth wanted it. I think that when Garth comes back to us again.. he'll be just as big if not bigger than he was 4 years ago!

Moni

Quote Originally Posted by Monica Lockhart

I think that when Garth comes back to us again.. he'll be just as big if not bigger than he was 4 years ago!

Moni
    Amen to that!

From your mouth to Garth's ears.

not just in requesting.. but also in $$$$$$$$$ to support it... Capitol didn't support any of Garth's releases from Scarecrow with $$$$$$$ but some deserving members of Capitol-Nashville are finally getting their due.. like Trace Adkins and Keith Urban.

Chris Gaines will get his day too. Just wait and see!

I wonder if it did bother Garth at all that Capitol didn't back Scarecrow that much. I think it was really his gift to the fans, and he knew the people it was meant for would get it regardless. It may not have had a bunch of #1 singles, but it sure seems to be the fav. of many Garth fans.

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

I agree Lisa. He made this for the fans and it's one of my favorites, just because it's so personal.

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

If I remember correctly, in his last interviews, before he actually retired, Garth said he would do one last album, briefly promote it, release a single from the album, and do the "Coast to Coast" TV specials. After that, it would be up to the record company to do whatever they wanted, he would no longer be involved with the album. He would be RETIRED!
    Bee

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBee
    If I remember correctly, in his last interviews, before he actually retired, Garth said he would do one last album, briefly promote it, release a single from the album, and do the "Coast to Coast" TV specials. After that, it would be up to the record company to do whatever they wanted, he would no longer be involved with the album. He would be RETIRED!
    Bee
    Thats what I remember too. I dont think Garth really cared. As for Capitol they didnt promote it but almost all radio stations played all his singles regardless. I know that they didnt hit top ten but they made the top 20 and 30 with no promotion from Capitol. I think that says it all. The fans loved it and thats why they even charted as high as they did. Had Garth been touring Scarecrow would have sold millions and millions more and most artists would love to sell three million copies of a CD just that they arent Garth numbers.

+ Reply to Thread