+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How will you be watching the show tonight?

How will you be watching the show tonight?

When I was in college we'd throw a party when a Garth special came on. How do you plan to watch the show tonight? With a friend? All by yourself? With a planet full of people just a click away?

I'm throwing a party. A little different than the ones I used to have though! Delaynie and I frequently have our own little "girl slumber parties." Tonight we'll pull out the sleeper sofa, put on our Scarecrow t-shirts, and order pizza.

J.

I've been sent to my Garth room to watch Inside Fame in peace.

I told my friends not to come over till after 9:30...I'm locking the door and watching it in peace. No concentration with a bunch of drunkards around

allison.

Allison don't forget the 30 minute MWL stacked afterwords! Lock the door till 10!

See ya after the party!

Alone. Hopefully in peace. I'll let the machine answer the phone. (Even if it's my husband! Hehe!!!) Tonight it's just me and Garth.

Telepathically!

I'm at work..........

And to top it off we don't have CMT on cable around here, just GAC.
    SO i have a friend that has DirectTV record it for me!
    I'll probably get to watch it sunday.
    Can't Wait!!!
    rob6852

I'm watching it now.. in my living room with the TV right in front of me.

Moni

I'm watching it through my friend here at PG.....

Ok guys its been 15 minutes you all must have something to report

rachael
    The song Love Will Always Win is me, it is Trisha and myself, its Us - Garth Brooks
    http://www.brooksnyearwood.com

lots of kid pictures, they're up to Much Too Young. Some video of him in the recording studio, but otherwise, it's just history. Kelly, Bob Doyle, a few friends, Ty, brief Trisha appearance so far.

J.

Thankyou Joyce
    The song Love Will Always Win is me, it is Trisha and myself, its Us - Garth Brooks

they covered all the women on the road. the line from Ty in the promo about all the girls appeared - in context - and he went on to say something about how he didn't know about Garth's problems cause he had enough of his own. Talked about how word about all the women on the road had gotten back to the wives and how he broke down on stage one night in Missouri and couldn't sing If Tomorrow Never Comes. Tried it twice, finally confessed to the crowd, and then got it out.

We have seen Garth's first tears of the night.

Ty called Friends in Low Places Garth's career record. Lots and lots of photos and videos of awards at this point.
    J.

Your doing great Joyce, thanks for the updates.

rachael

Thanks Joyce for the update. I remember Garth talking about that night in Cape Gerado? when David Frost interviewed him. Garth got teary then too and you could see how much he regretted it.

I'm here on the west coast so there's little over 2 hrs to go 'til Garth. It'll just be me and my tv and Garth of course. Can't wait!

Seira

I swore I wasn't going to leave the living room during the show and I wasn't going to watch it with a notepad, but for YOU Rachel, it is my pleasure.

SOMEONE get the quote from Garth about the math involved in flying over Texas stadium....

Ty: "It's easy to be a critic, it's easy to be critical. Go DO what Garth did. And then be critical."

They are skimming quicker over the albums and singles now, completely skipped the Thunder Rolls controversy, and have completely ignored Stillwater - I haven't heard them say the word.

Garth has twice now referred to the "8 year battle" of deciding when to retire, when to hang it up and be a dad.

Something I forgot to mention last time, he gives a lot of credit to opening for Chris Ledoux and seeing the excitement in his stage show, as being what made him realize that the band should have as much fun as the crowd.

J. <--- going to find a notebook

Enjoy Joyce then come post, your hard work is appreciated.

rachael

I'm watching it alone right now.

Ken took all the kids to the movies as I'm still suffering from throwing out my back yesterday.

But so far during the whole show I've not noticed my back and all. So far I think it is just an amazing show. Love it.
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

Trisha quote: I knew that if I were to ever let myself care about him in a way deeper than our friendship, I was in huge trouble....

at one point GB was 90% of the bottom line at Capitol. Talked a lot about the struggles with Jimmy and Scott Hendricks, wanting to put Pat Quigley in, didn't get his way.

showed the video of the field with Garth plowed into it

the truth behind the Fan Fair Marathon: label was telling him he'd peaked, he was worried it was over, decided to let the people help him discover if he was over. walked into fan fair unannounced.

Martina "Made my 7 hours look piddly & small."

GB: The whole reason I survived that year is because of a phone call I made to Trisha Yearwood.

He called to ask if he was over. she laughed and told him he was money in the bank.

2nd tears: nervous about Central Park, staying at a hotel across from Central Park, noon came, Sandy couldn't stand it anymore.....

to be continued

so Sandy came back in and tears are streaming down her face. Garth says - there's no one there is there? Sandy tells him they've shut off 5th Ave. and opened up the overflow seating. This was obviously very emotional for him.

Superbowl got a 39 rating in NYC, Garth got a 50

3 weeks after CP Capitol called and said 'whatever you want.' Quigley was in.
    "It was Central Park, it was the people who allowed me to do what I think the music needed."

**CUTE story from Quigley about putting CP together**

3rd tears - Ireland. "They would sing your song so loud, you couldn't hear yourself sing. And they were on pitch!"

spot the quote out of context in the promo: "For some reason, it got out that Garth Brooks wanted to be Chris Gaines."

hmmmm maybe because people like CMT only run the last 7 words of the sentence?

stomach ache on the way

Okay, my boss thinks I'm nuts, I chose to come home and watch Garth rather then stay at work for the Eagles concert. I'm having a chocolate party for the Garth Special ~swiss rolls, brownies and this ever so addictive things called oreo balls.

jmr

OMG what an ending! WOW we need to get a full transcript of this interview for the PG archives. I couldn't scribble fast enough once it got to him and trisha.

Ok, where was i?

His mom. Talked about how profoundly it affected him when she died. "My life is as good as it's gonna get with that hole still there."

Footage of the 100 million party. and the retirement PC.

the whole never talked about it thing was explaining why he's welling up so much during the interview. "when you're out there, you don't take the time to talk about it.

Mike Dungan called Scarecrow a "brilliant piece of work."

And then there it was, talking VERY briefly about his work with "Touch 'Em All" that we saw a picture of Adam and Garth at Spring Training, in all his M&M attire.

All I can say is You Go John McBride!

The math quote was something like: It doesn't take much smarts to know that flying across a stadium with this big ass can make one long, hard fall.

I'll be waiting for that transcript Joyce.....and what about him and Trisha

Thanks for sharing it with us who cant see it just yet.

Rachael

This is about where there was too much good stuff for me to write that fast.

Talked about the kids, his role as a dad, being where he needs to be, etc. then Trisha:

"When you see him with them, you know that's NOT just a really cool soundbite."

More from Trisha: Fought it and fought it and fought it for so long.... this is the man. he is the guy. he's it.

I am pretty sure Ann could have told her that a long time ago...

More tears from Garth, can't remember exactly why.

He said the line from the promo about sometimes you marry your best friend and then immediately said he didn't know. then:

"If someone getst to spend the rest of their life with this woman, they are the luckiest guy on earth."

later.....
    "I miss touring, I miss making music... I have left something that I love, to do something that I love even more."

I quit writing at that point.

The show ended with The Dance.

Garth called Trisha his best friend and said some guys are lucky enough to marry their best friend. He said whatever man gets to spend the rest of his life with her is the luckiest man alive.

quote bout flyin...

Something bout mass over ass! Gotta luv Garth...and as for John McBride...remind me to send that man something special for JUST BECAUSE U HAD THE NERVE TO SAY IT DAY!! lol

On a side note, besides Adam and Garth, my picture of Colleen from the Atlanta shows was used two or three times, and my "Dirty Garth" pic was used also.

This show just made me realize even more how much I miss that bum.

Teresa
    Here's to love on Earth, love that is left behind, the love that you take with you, the love that never leaves. Love really is forever and goes on without end. Peace to all and may we all believe and trust in that power of love. BELIEVE.

Joyce - I thought I knew who the special fan was but I didn't recognize who I thought I would. Can ya fill us in on the details now?

'Well I'm no good at math, but I knew with the mass of this a$$ the fall would be fast and the landing would be hard' (That's a paraphrase- I couldn't stop laughing to get it exactly.) God I've missed that sense of humour.

I think Trisha's comment might finally shut up the 'affair mongers'......and I think she's just might be 'in huge trouble'!!
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

PJ - Paige's son Adam was shown with Garth at Spring Training during the part about Touch Em All. Adam was all decked out in a yellow M&M tshirt and M&M shorts.

Paige is in Nashville - I met her yesterday! - and Adam doesn't know about it. They are going to watch the show together when she gets home and he's going to get to see himself on tv.

I was going to ask how you were involved Ms T as I noticed your name in the credits. Thanks for sharing those very special moments with the us!

Thanks Joyce - I was thinking it would be Dakota.

+ Reply to Thread