Closed Thread

Thread: Garth Rumor?

Garth Rumor?

I've been debating for a while whether I should say anything here or not about this. It's already known to the mods, and since they haven't said anything about it, I guess I will. There was what appeared to be either a rumor or a prank posted on the CMT board earlier that Garth had a heart attack. Everyone on other sites seem to be saying it is not true and I hope they are right, but I am saying a prayer for Garth anyway. Maybe we should all do the same?

Well, I don't think it's true. I never was on the CMT board, but I've heard that they post a lot of wrong informations about Garth.

If Garth really had a heart attack, then all the news on TV and elsewhere would report about it, like they do it when other stars are in trouble.

But in case it's true then I'm also saying a prayer for our Mr. Brooks and wish him a speedy recovery.

Michael

Nothing has come over the wires or through official channels here in Music City. Given the suspicious circumstances of how the rumor showed up on CMT.com and subsequent sites, I think it's pretty clear that *someone* was just trying to start trouble.

I'm glad you posted this thread Wendi. Seemed odd that you'd see the rumor on another message board and re-post on yet another site including all of that stuff about it being posted under Moni's name, without coming here - or even emailing or PMing her - to see if it indeed come from her before spreading the rumor further. Easiest way to check the facts is to go to the source.

I also will pray for troublemakers who would start such a horrible rumor about Garth without any sort of facts to back it up. Given the credibility of the CMT message boards, I must say it doesn't surprise me.

J.

J., You know Moni and I don't see eye-to-eye . I figured it was better to just stay out of it as far as contacting her personally regarding the name issue, and I didn't post about that here either. She said she had nothing to do with it in her post on the other site, and I have no reason to disbelieve that . She also said she had come to that site because *another* moderater from PG told her about the thread, that's the reason I said I knew this was known to the Moderators. I assumed when I read the posts on the other site that it was already all over this board, anyway.

I posted it here so that those who read this site only could check it out and decide for themselves whether it was a rumor or not, by checking the sources. It is info on Garth, whether true or false. Like I said, I debated a long time before posting here. I know that PG doesn't like to have rumors posted or discussed at too much length out of respect for Garth.

I'm just glad that sense I haven't heard anything on the news or anywhere else, it probably wasn't true and Garth's ok. That's the important thing .

I've been freaked out about this all night, and I checked and rechecked all the news wires via internet last night as well as monitored CNN and MSNBC and various newspaper links and I agree with Joyce, there's just nothing out there. If this indeed is a false report, I'm infuriated at CMT for not removing the thread as it was reported as abuse by both Moni and myself last night. I thought CMT had removed the thread last night, but I checked back later and it was there... must be this head cold causing negative hallucinations. Somebody please give that boy a call and confirm it for us once and for all.
    Terry Lynn

I don't understand what is going on here and I don't want to know, it's none of my business. I agree with Teaser, I just want to know if it's true or not and whether the man is O.K. Is there any way to confirm or deny this rumour. It's freaking me out a little.

Carol Ann
    Carol Ann

Carol Ann & Teaser - PLEASE don't let this "rumor" freak you out. It doesn't even really qualify as a rumor. This is just someone trying to cause trouble. One unnamed person who didn't even list what station she supposedly heard it on posted a prank on a message board known for trouble.

I can tell you that just a few days ago he was doing quite well in Oklahoma according to a business contact that saw him there, and I heard from one of the Stillwater guys this morning who didn't mention it.

Like I said Wendi, I'm glad you posted it here. And if you ever see someone posting trash somewhere else under the name ProducerJ feel free to email me and ask if it's me before you post about it somewhere else.
    J.

That's messed up....I think we've all learned though to take everything you hear with a chunk of salt.

Where do these people come up with this stuff?? Craziness I tell you.

allison.

Closed Thread