+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAIR, Week #3 on the charts

WAIR, Week #3 on the charts

Radio & Records, up five spots to #31.
    I dont have access to Billboard, perhaps someone can help out?

I've been hearing the song about once a day....but the strange thing is (not that I'm complaining! ) that I'm hearing a lot more Garth in general, and in particular, they seem to be playing Wrapped Up in You fairly often.

Radio & Records:
    Week 3 - #31
    Week 2 - #36
    Week 1 - #41

Billboard:
    Week 3 -
    Week 2 - #38
    Week 1 - #44

Thanks Cheryl...still waiting to hear it on my radio station.

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I finally heard it here for the first time today. I requested it as one of the songs they play on the 5:00 O'clock car tunes for the drive home. I can't tell you what an AWESOME feeling it was to hear not only new Garth music on the radio but, in particular, that song. I LOVE that song and I just cranked my car radio. If it wasn't -15 degrees here I would have rolled down my car window and blared the music out to anyone who would listen LOL.

Carol Ann
    Carol Ann

Its number 33 on Billboard this week and last week it was number 38. Up 5 spots. Its slowing down alittle. If you go to Mediabase you can see its spin increase was +180. Hope thats not a sign. I would like for it to hit top ten but Id settle for it to break top twenty. Wonder if Capitol is pushing this song at all. Keith Urban and Chris Cagle both had big jumps this week.

Thanks for the update Cheryl. I think the song has been dropped from my station though. It vanished about a week and a half ago.

Dawn

Yeah, I think that the song is going to tank before it gets started unfortunately. Too bad looks like country doesnt care about Garth anymore no matter how good the song is and it really sucks!!! My station is not even playing it and it only has 94 stations that have picked him up so far. I look for this song not to even break top 20. Hope Garth doesnt release anything else to country radio and shows em what to do with their playlists!!

I tried to request it tonight and the DJ told me it wasn't on their playlist yet. I'll be emailing the Program Director to see why.

Paula
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I've heard it on the radio some here, but not as much as Wrapped Up in You or a couple others, its like they aren't giving this song a chance? Its almost like they are acting like since he's retired, theres no reason to promote/play the song...which is sad, because lyrically its a great song! I pestered my radion station a few times, but from past experience have found that doesn't work well with my station-they play what they want when they want, regardless of call ins! If the song has a +180 spins, what did it have last week? It jumped 5 spots, which doesn't seem to bad, if the spins increase, there is still hope right?

I can not even get the radio station here to answer the phone..i tried e-mail and apparently they don't read it. Of course its a clear channel station...what I call canned music, you hear only what they want you to hear.
    jrile

I'm still here Thought I'd let you know my station plays a lot of Garth (WCTK 98.1) Caught WAIR twice yesterday. At 8PM they have the top 10 requests of the day and it came in at #9 Must have a lot of GB fans in the area

MO
    mo

I get the Crook & Chase countdown here every Sunday morning and Why Ain't I Running debuted at song #36 on the countdown today. It was great to hear it. Crook & Chase sounded pretty excited to be playing some new Garth music.

Carol Ann
    Carol Ann

Beautiful Georgian Bay,Ontario, Canada, where the sunsets are heaven-sent

For those of you who have not had any luck with your local radio station playing WAIR, why not come and visit me UP NORTH???
    My station plays is on a regular basis AND it has been featured on the Top 30 Countdown for a few weeks now!!!

PS
    The snow is melting here, the temperature is rising for all of those who are afraid of the snow.
    Come on up and visit, we'll turn the volume up real LOUD!!!!
    ALISON
    Canadian Garthfan

Originally posted by TBG
    I'm still here Thought I'd let you know my station plays a lot of Garth (WCTK 98.1) Caught WAIR twice yesterday. At 8PM they have the top 10 requests of the day and it came in at #9 Must have a lot of GB fans in the area

MO
    I can sometimes get WCTK, depending on where I am...maybe I should switch. I think I'll pass this along to my radio station's program director. Thanks Mo.

Paula
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

+ Reply to Thread