+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost In You Challenge

Lost In You Challenge

I'm devastated, discouraged, upset...I guess you can tell that Lost In You didn't win the challenge tonight. :(<P>For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, on our local <B>rock</B> station, they preimiered Lost In You last week. In order for it to be part of the station's regular playlist, they play 2 songs, and you have 30 minutes to phone and voted for your favorite. When a song wins 5 nights in a row, it's automatically put on their playlist.<P>Tonight was challenge night #5 for Lost In You. I can't believe it didn't win, and by the sounds of it, the DJ was just as shocked. She's been great, promoting Chris Gaines and his music. I don't know if this means they'll never play it again. I've tried phoning to ask, but the lines have been busy. It's a very sad day in this town - for me anyways. :(<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...N
    Lack of planning on your part,
    does not constitute panic on my part!

hey hey don't fret Chris is still holding strong in Tucson on the pop station! tonight will only be his second night but i think he'll do fine! last thursday he won with 70% of the vote. i'll let you know how it goes!<P>LindsayN

well that sucks :(,please let us know if they will still play it even though it did not win,ok?....hopefully they will! :)<P>i to live in Tucson....i'll be listening to see if it wins on KRQ!,after winning 70% of the vote i'm sure it will! ;)(i'll be totally shocked if it does not)......<P>heres hoping it wins! and also i hope they will still play it on your station even though it did not win :(<P>aRiN
    Today...at this moment...it's a good day. . .

-

' I've conquered my past
    The future is here at last
    I stand at the entrance
    To a new world I can see
    The ruins to the right of me
    Will soon have lost sight of me '
    --U2

-

<B>Tommy:</B><P>I just read your post in the main forum that you phoned again tonight. Even though it didn't go the way we hoped, I just wanted to say a great big, huge <B>thank you</B> for trying. :)<P>SherriN

<B>CaptMorgan</B>,<P>I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED :( I have to apologize that I was way to late when I called your station today. I was watching Garth's "This is Garth Brooks" and I was so shocked when I found out that it was 7:29pm. Then I quickly called your station and the lady said that my vote is in. GEEZE!! I regreted watching that video with my friend :( I should have called more than once and told my friends to help out!! Sorry again.. Oh boy, I am feeling very bad!! <P>TommyN
    "Life is like a piano--play to its fullest"

"A good start is half the job!"

"When we free do love anyone we choose... WE SHALL BE FREE" by Mr. Brooks

To the special man in my life: Shnuggie.

I'm sorry to hear this news :( But don't worry, pretty soon everyone will know Chris Gaines' music and all those pop fans who don't like country will be amazed at the level of Garth's talents :)N

poor chirs/garth lost last night to some dumb rap song. :( :( i was sure he was gonna win!! he was doing so well, i called in twice to vote! then it was all tied up and live on the air the d.j. picked the last deciding vote. it went to the challenger :( if he had picked line 7 everything would have been fine. don't worry eventually people will come around and enjoy this great music!<P>LindsayN

Thats sad news CaptMorgan :( but anyway you have heard it on radio :) They haven't said <B>ANYTHING</B> about Chris Gaines here in Denmark on both radio and TV :( :(<P>BrianN

Woohoo!!!! Great news!!!<P>I just had to tell you all that Sun FM is <B>still</B> playing <B>Lost In You.</B> <P>I still havent' been able to get hold of April (the DJ during the challenge), but my hubby listens to this <B>rock</B> station all day, every day, and he said they've played it quite a few times!!!! Maybe the response during the challenge was so good they thought they'd give it regular air time. Who knows? I'm not going to question it, just enjoy it!!! <P>Catch y'all around the next bend...N

<B>Sherii</B>,<P>YES! YES! Now I don't feel guilty about it...lol I think there are quite a few Canadian stations starting to play "Lost in You" as regular basis. Very Cool!<P>TommyN
    "Life is like a piano--play to its fullest"

"A good start is half the job!"

"When we free do love anyone we choose... WE SHALL BE FREE" by Mr. Brooks

To the special man in my life: Shnuggie.

Lost In You<BR>I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>Garth never dissapoints. Never. He really CAN do anything. His voice is beautiful. It will truly grow on me. Once again speaking of God in his song-Garth truly is God sent to us. You are an angel sent down from above............ Heaven knows.<P>Thanks Garth.<P>God Bless.<P>AmyN
    As long as one heart still holds on, then hope is never really gone..."The Change"

I just must be tired. But I do want to apologize to Chris Gaines for not mentioning him in my above posting. Chris's voice is beautiful and I love that song. I'll be anxiously awaiting the CD. Fellow PG members, forgive me.<P>God Bless.<P>AmyN
    As long as one heart still holds on, then hope is never really gone..."The Change"

+ Reply to Thread