+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question

Does anyone of you know a VALID autograph address for a Garth autograph? I got several addresses but I am not sure which ones are valid or not. So I could save money and time if anyone of you could help and gimme a clue.

If you don't want to post it here, just email me at bluestocket@yahoo.com

Thanx,
    *blue*

The only "for sure" Garth address I know of is the one for GBM, but I doubt it's a good one to get an autograph from as I understand the mail piles up there.

There are some professional autograph companies out there where you can get a certified autograph which is less risky than buying something over Ebay.

I was blessed to have a GarthAngel in Sandytoo and she got Garth to autograph my favorite picture of him for me when she went to visit. Perhaps you can hook up with someone that is going to a Garthevent or meeting him some other way? If I'm ever blessed enough to get a chance to get him to autograph some stuff I'd get one for you.
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

hmmmmmmm

For sure I won't BUY a Garth autograph.
    If I get one, I wan't it for free as it must be possible to get his autograph address...just wondering if ANYONE out there wants to share it? It can't be THAT difficult. So come on folks...I am waiting.

*blue*

Garth gets so much mail including requests for autographs and such, that he really can't read it all. The best chance of getting a real autograph is to get it in person. Even the professional companies that certify their products are iffy as there is no governing certification body, they can just print up certifications themselves.

sure...

he get's a lot of autograph requests as he's a mega-star. But other stars can manage to send out autographs of themselves, too. Just to name a few like Robbie Williams, George Clooney or J.Lo.

I just think it's silly that there is NO official Garth autograph address. Or if there's one only a few privileged folks know it. That's sad.

*blue*

I have never heard of any sort of official autograph address for Garth, nor of anyone getting his autograph by mailing off for one. I would think if that were the case, SOMEONE on the Planet would have done it by now. And told us all about it.

Things like that are usually handled by fan clubs, which of course, Garth doesn't have.

You keep talking about people who have this secret address but don't want to share it, do you actually know someone who's gotten a GB autograph by mail?

J.

I know that even with other stars that do have autograph addresses that it's sometimes a lottery as to if you get one or not. For instance there is a person that I know that collects celebrity autographs. He routinely sends out letters to different stars. Some he gets something back and some he doesn't... some he repeatedly sends requests to before he gets something back.

Many of those stars that do have a fan club address or autograph address send out pictures with autographs that are not done by hand. They are actually printed on the photo by a machine. They just get too many requests to do it otherwise. While some people dont care if an autograph is authentic or machine copied, the machine copied ones are considered inferior of course.

The anthrax thing also changed the procedure for some celebs. Johnathan Frakes (Will Riker from Star Trek) stopped accepting snail mail requests for autographs so as to not put his office people at risk. He would only accept requests by e-mail... or that is what his website said. I sent an e-mail request but never got a response. I suppose I should have tried more than once but I didn't want it that bad.

Many celebs have contracts with autograph companies. They attend fan meetings and the autograph companies change each person for the autograph. Actors, sports stars, and others do this. They wont even sign an autograph out in public because it goes against their contract.

Garth has stayed away from these types of arrangements and still freely signs anything in person when he has time. As far as I know he's never used machine copied autographs either as many celebs do. He always personalizes them because he doesn't want them sold to autograph companies... even though it still happens sometimes. Usually if you buy one though, it's going to have someone else's name on it because he signed it for them.

I honestly dont know of any mail address... secretly or otherwise where you can get something autographed. I've only heard of people getting them in person or from someone else that got it in person for them.

I believe I have heard Garth say he won't sign anything unless it is personalized. If someone asks him to just sign his name, he won't do it so people can't profit from it.
    In peace, love, and hope...KAT

Everyone should carefully observe which way his heart draws him, and then choose that way with all his strength!

they sell a ton of garth autographed stuff on ebay. not just pictures, but guitars, hats, etc. i wonder how much of it's real.

they sell a ton of garth autographed stuff on ebay. not just pictures, but guitars, hats, etc. i wonder how much of it's real.
    Probably not a lot.

Unbelievable...

that at a bunch of over 4,000 members not only ONE knows the AUTOGRAPH address of Garth Brooks. Come on, I am not THAT dumb! I know that some of you know his address but you are just not willing to share. I wonder as this is PLANETGARTH, a place to share...but when it comes to share it always seems I am the missing part. It just sucks! I am not going to VISIT Garth, I am not going to STALK Garth, all I am doing is just ASKING for his AUTOGRAPH ADDRESS. So where is the problem? There is no helping hand from any Garth Fan on this Website since I am not in "deeper" contact to any Fan out there.

Pretty funny, I just jump into a plane and get my hat personally signed by Garth..haha! Great joke!

Once again, I realized it in the past but now I just know it's real: taking is okay, but when it comes to SHARE....the books are closed. VERY SAD!

*blue*

Whoa! Spot the cultural differences!

Just so you're clear, there is no conspiracy. These people are being as giving as they can be in the circumstances as there is NO autograph address.

If you're that desperate I suggest you do what I do, go jump on that plane. I have, several times.

Whoa, Blue, simma don now....

Everyone here is giving all the information they have. I personally do not have an autograph and KNOW that I will have to meet the man if I want to get one. I expect that day to come. Not in the near future but some day I will meet him...

Sorry, but there is no conspiracy here.

Elaine

Blue, with all due respect, you do not have the "believer" sensiblity! Nobody here is trying to keep anything from you...you are being told the real deal! YOU just refuse to believe what you are being told! People have been nice enough to offer to help you out personally, and still you disbelieve their intent! You want an address, here it is: 1111 17th Ave. South, Nashville Tn.. sorry, not sure of the zip code... That's the address for GBM, but, as was previously stated, the chances of a response are negligible...
    and furthermore, I hardly think that by insulting the membership of this forum and casting aspersions on our willingness to be open and honest that ANYONE would be inclined to help you out!

Harriet

Zip code for the above address is: 37212-2203

--spud--

hmmmmm....

being a little bit agressive and it works! LOL.
    Harriet, I know from a friend this address didn't work, it came back with the note RETURN TO SENDER.

Believer sensitive? I don't feel pretty much of a "member" here because we are living on pretty different kinda worlds when it comes to Garth. I have no news here and I can't discuss on the most topics here. So HOW should I become more familiar to others? I once asked for emailing anyone of the bunch here and I got 3 mails, after I replied once, there wasn't feedback anymore...except Jude.

It seems Garth is unreachable for people abroad. Jumping into a plane and flying to the USA is nice...gimme some money and I do that tomorrow! Oh, but then I would need his home ADDRESS where I would have another PROBLEM.

So if ANYONE out there visits Garth the next time: remember the BELIEVER sensibility and ask for a "blue" autograph!!! THANX IN ADVANCE

*blue*

P.S. Shania Twain's address is working and a friend of mine got a reply! And I am sure Shania Twain is busy herself, too.

I guess it is time for me to chime in on this discussion.

I have lived in the USA all my life. I have seen Garth 4 times- every time was at a concert. I have never been closer than 30 feet (10 meters) from the guy as he was singing on stage.

I would love to walk up and shake his hand. I would love to sit down and have a beer with the guy. Heck, I'd love to spend a day working at his ranch. However, I realize that is an impossibility for a couple of reasons.

Garth is retired. He doesn't spend much time in the limelight. He wasn't at the Grammy awards. He doesn't play at the Grand Ol' Opry. He isn't making CD's and isn't touring. He most likely spends time at home with his family making up for the years he lost while on the road. I am sure he TREASURES his privacy. That is why his address is not well known. I don't know it, and quite frankly, I don't want to know it. I too, am a private person.

Blue, we don't hear much of Garth in the US, either. I think that is by design. I hear about 99% of my Garth information from right here- www.Planetgarth.com. Sure, I'd love to hear more, but I take what I get.

Why can you get Shania's autograph easier than Garth's? My own speculation is that Shania still makes music. She still tours and still is developing a fan base. I imagine that, with a few exceptions, garth hasn't added much to his fan base since the release of Scarecrow. Even then, it probably wasn't much. Now I am not saying he doesn't appreciate his fans that made him the legend that he is. I am saying that he has moved on, and doesn't feel the need to connect to his fans as he has in the past. I don't think that makes him a bad guy. It is just that his priorities have changed.

Remember, this is the guy who signed autographs once for (I think it was) 23 hours straight at Fanfare!

Well, this post is about 4 paragraphs longer than normal for me, so I will quit right here.

--spud--

That "return to sender" thing is news to me..I'm not doubting that it happened, I just haven't heard of that happening before...
    In answer to you question, Blue, you become more familiar with other members by being friendly, and not by looking for conspiracies where there aren't any...
    just because you didn't receive many private emails doesn't mean that people don't want to get to know you... I know many people here and don't correspond with them privately on a consistant basis...that doesn't make them any less my friend, it just means that life can be hectic and time can be pressing...
    we are all on the same "garth planet" as far as I'm concerned!
    About that "believer sensibility": if you had it, you'd know that there'd be no reason to ask for an autograph, because the garthangels would already be on the case! You come here and accuse us of conspiring to keep information from you, then you ask us to help you out, without so much as an "I'm sorry for the misunderstanding". In my book, that's pure opportunism, and nothing more...

Harriet

Geez...chill out, Spud's right, while we are at lot closer to Garth here in the US he's just as unreachable to me as he is to you, I've never met the guy either. And I can tell you right now, every bit of information I find out about Garth I find out here....that's just the way it is, and I'm sure most other people here feel the same way. Theres just not much news now, please don't think we're holding out on you becuase you're not getting the updates you expect...cause we're not.

And spud...I'll join you for that beer

allison.

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    Phew Spud!!!!

Great explaination!!!

Tony Arata

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
    but by the moments that take our breath away!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Thanks, Spud

Spud...Thanks for the zip code... I forgot to say that in my previous post...
    Your posts to this thread have been so tolerant and have gone above and beyond in terms of trying to explain things, more so than mine have been! I applaud you for your patience and tolerance....
    if I was too harsh, I apologize for my tone, but not for the content...

Harriet

cool....

How fast this thread is growing now...while it was "falling asleep" before I made a little bit of different statement

Harriet, I know how to be friendly and you can be sure I am one of the most kind people you've ever met...if you'd know me. So I don't matter about that. Still looking for an email-buddy? LOL. Always being friendly is no guarantee for having friends. It's honesty that proves a good friendship.

Spud...gorgeous long post and it makes me proud it was me to inspire you for this long one!!!!! I know what you are talking about and my message about jumping into the plane was kinda sarcasm....if you'd also KNOW me (in personal) you would know that...you also know a little bit about me at the other forums...so don't worry!!!!!!!!

Keep on posting, now it's an absolutely interesting thread!!!!!

*blue*

Re: cool....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bluestocket
    Always being friendly is no guarantee for having friends. It's honesty that proves a good friendship.

*blue*

That's so true! What an excellent point!

Harriet

I would be wary of any autographs that you obtain from a celebrity in the mail. It IS their autograph... but usually it is a pre-printed autograph. The only way to be sure that you get an actual authentic autograph is to get it in person to have someone obtain it for you in person.

SOME of the stars that are not as "hot" have the time to personally sign pictures, but most of the big ones like Shania simply dont have the time to sign hundreds of pictures every week. I dont know for sure... but I'd be 99.9% sure that any autograph you get from Shania's autograph address is a "pre-printed" or photocopied signature.

They often put the signature on one picture...... have it duplicated by the hundreds or thousands....... then they have an assistant which personalizes it by adding a name in a similar style of handwriting. It's an almost universal practice among celebrities.

If you're happy with that type of signature then it's your choice. I have some of those. For instance I have one of Steve Irwin and his family. His signature is pre-printed.... and then someone added a personalized message. You can tell by looking closely and seeing how the light reflects differently from the letters at an angle. Then I have a real one that was done in person. The signature is the same of course... but it is in the same ink as the message and reflects light the same as the ink in the message.

As I said before.... you wont get any of those pre-printed autographs from Garth even if you do find an address...... which I dont have by the way. Other than GBM, there isn't an address. You can find his street address in Oklahoma. I saw it somewhere the other day, but didn't write it down. Mail is not delivered to that address though. You can understand why I'm sure.

Sandytoo offered to get me an autograph 2 years ago or more, if she was ever able to. I accepted the kind offer and waited patiently. I never once asked her about it again. Then low and behold a couple of months ago it showed up. It's now one of my most treasured possessions.

Personally I'm very glad that he only signs them in person with personalization. That way I know that any pictures with just his signture alone on them are most likely fakes... and I'd rather not have a pre-printed one thanks.

Actually, years ago (early 90's) you could buy printed autographed pictures of Garth from his mail order company. I have one on the wall right in front of me. That would have been before he became hugely successful and started personalising them.

Preprinted autograph

Wasn't there one of him in a blue and white checkered shirt?
    I seem to remember seeing that one with a preprinted autograph...

Harriet

Ya'll are probably right. I mean't currently and recently though... in the last 5 or so years. I'd still be very skeptical of any you find. There are just a ton of fakes out there. Of course fakes aren't worth anything other than the value of it perhaps being on a picture you like. Pre-printed autographs are not of much value either, but more than a fake. With the exception of a few oddities, pre-printed autographs are not valued much by collectors.

For most of us, just having a Garth autograph is of personal value to us. But if you're interested collecting autographs, pre-printed autographs are not as highly valued as handwritten ones. This goes for Shania or anyone else too. They're more common, not truely authentic, and therefore close to worthless except for your own personal value on them.

This is why it's so risky buying autographs off of Ebay. You just can't tell from the photograph, whether it's pre-printed or not. Fakes are sometimes obvious but they are abundant as well and sometimes difficult to distinguish.

Sometimes those selling them (any celebrity autographs) will have some sort of "proof" of the validity. As mentioned before, just having a certificate isn't enough. It has to be from a well recognized professional company or some other authority that is commonly recognized. Some people will include a photograph of them getting the autograph. That is still kind of iffy as you dont have anyway of knowing if the autograph you're getting is the one which was actually signed in the photograph. This goes for anything autographed... photos, caps, CD's, guitars, etc.

It says here above something like " By the way, Shania Twains address worked". no my question is; WHO'S GOT SHANIA'S ADDRESS?!?!?!?!?!??!?!
    *Dying to get it*!!!!

?!?!?!

It says here above something like "By the way, Shania Twain's address is working and a friend of mine got an answer" Now my question is;
    WHO'S GOT SHANIA'S ADDRESS?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
    *DYING TO GET IT*!!!!!!!!

Well this was a very entertaining old thread to have dug up out of the archives LillTwain!

J. <--- who, a year and a half later, has met zillions of PGers and corresponded with zillions more, and has *still* never heard of ANYONE having a secret autograph address, let alone anyone not willing to share it.

+ Reply to Thread