+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teammates Update

Teammates Update

Hi everyone

I wanted to post an update on some items that I talked to Don Johnson about today.

I advised Don that I will be sending in the donations from our "Garth's Birthday Collection" to him at the end of this week. He was truly tickled when I told him the amount we raised, and thanked us very much for continuing to support T4K.

Don went to the board of directors to request approval to make the T4K T-shirts available for purchase. Unfortunately, the board veto'd the request as they have decided not to market T4K merchandise to the public.

I also asked Don if he had any detailed information regarding the golf tournament being held in Florida on Feb 24. This charity event is sponsored by a major corporation and is an exclusive event not open to the general public. There are slots for 20 Foursomes at a price of $5000.00 per Foursome. That calculates out to $1250.00 per person, which is what Jo@ann had posted earlier in the Main Forum thread. I would definately discourage anyone from trying to make travel plans to attend the event unless you can secure yourself a spot on one of the 20 Foursome teams.

My final question to Don was of course " Do you have any information on whether Garth will be attending Spring Training this year?" Don said that at this moment, Garth doesn't have a team, but not to hold him to that.. things could change at the turn of a hat.

Don did share one more little tid bit with me.. but he doesn't have all the details finalized yet for me to share with you. It's regarding an upcoming charity event. As soon as I hear from Don.. I'll pass the news on.

Don, if your reading this.. don't forget to ask Garth about that raise I need! Thanks for keeping us up to date with the charity. It's always a pleasure talking to you!

Monica

Monica!!!!!!!

Thanks so very much for passing along that information!

--spud--

Thanks bunches for the info Moni!...and can't wait to read about the charity event!

CC

Thanks for the update!! It sure is a shame I don't golf. Can't wait to hear about the charity event either.

Dawn

Thanks so much for keeping us informed Monica!

I hope this possible charity event will be more fan/public friendly.

Thanks a bunch!!!

I really enjoyed the update, although I am sorry to hear we will not be allowed to purchase T4K merchandise. J.D. plays golf but, unless we win the lottery very soon, I doubt if he can afford to be part of a foursome.

Thanks for the update...can't wait to hear about the upcoming charity event.

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Yay Moni! Thanks for sharing all that news!

I'm a little bummed PGers won't be able to see Garth on the links, but am very hopeful for the other things in the works!

thanks Don!!
    J.

I don't suppose there are "gates" to this golf course that we could hang out at, hoping to get a glimple of da man???

Thanks for the update, Moni!

Kerry
    "I think I'll miss you most of all" Dorothy to the Scarecrow, The Wizard of Oz,

Monica, thanks for keep us so well informed as well as taking care of all the TFK/PG business...
    I'm a little disappointed that the board voted down having TFK merchandise...I wonder why? I suppose they thought it wouldn't be profitable...??
    as far as what Kerry said about waiting for Garth at the entrance, I don't see why those who live in that part of Florida shouldn't at least try to say hi from outside, at a respectable distance and with the permission of security personnel, of course...I don't think Garth would mind seeing a friendly face or two...
    I'm anxious to hear about this upcoming event too!

hugs..
    Harriet

+ Reply to Thread