+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Sketch

Garth Sketch

I found the following at Country Weekly ( http://www.countryweekly.com/stories...stanceid=55342 ) :

SKETCHING STARS

Celebrities get artsy for a good cause

Garth Brooks, Vince Gill and Amy Grant joined superstars including Tom Hanks, Bill Cosby and Tiger Woods to put pens, markers and paint to paper.

The result? A whole bunch of elephant drawings for a great cause!

"They sent us several different shapes of elephants and some blank pages," says Amy Grant. "I made my elephant with Sarah, my 10-year-old daughter. She says I get to do all the fun stuff like this - so we did it together."

Elephants are the mascot for Target House, the residential facility for families of children receiving life-saving treatment at St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis. The drawings - by more than 50 stars - are part of a permanent exhibition in a newly opened Target House addition.

"Elephants represent family, long life, strength and playfulness," explains actress Marlo Thomas, national outreach director for St. Jude's and daughter of founder Danny Thomas. "With help from our celebrity friends, we've created an exhibition of elephant artwork to express support and encouragement for the Target House families - who are facing some of the most difficult times of their lives."

Amy, who's been involved with Target House since the groundbreaking several years ago, is happy to report that hubby Vince also took out his crayons for the worthy cause.

"Vince just happened to be sitting down with us," confides Amy. "He's not really a crafty guy. I'm just glad he did one!"

The web site doesn't show Garth's sketch so if anyone subscribes and has access to a scanner, would you please post?

Thanks!

What a fun and worthly idea.

The photo in CW is tiny; The girls drew an elephant (purple, with a green eye!) in profile, spraying water from the trunk. The girls all signed along the left side (in cursive writing too) and it says "and Dad" with Garth's signature across the elephant's body. It's adorable.

And my scanner has bit the dust, so maybe someone here can help out.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Thanks for the info. I hope someone can post it as it sounds very cute!

that sounds like a pretty picture Thanks for the article..what a worthy cause

God and peace,
    Vanessa

Here is the artwork. Garth's is there too! Very cute! LOL

http://www2.stjude.org/promotions/ta.../Elephants.pdf

~Ann~

Thanks for trying Ann, but I don't see an attachment.

PJ, Can't you click on the link? It works for me.

~Ann~

I don't even see a link.

Try going here:
    http://www2.stjude.org/promotions/targethouse102002/

There's a neat story about Target House, and a link to the PDF file that Ann included, it's a PDF you have to download. Good find Ann!
    J.

Thanks to you both. The problem was on my end - hubby turned on a new internet security program which was not allowing me to see your links. When I turned it off, poof - there it was.

I appreciate the help and patience!

Wow. Those are all so adorable, and this is such a great cause

Thanks for the story and link PJ, and to Ann and Joyce for the additional links

CC

What really would be funny on tape is all these artists sitting at one table together trying to draw elephants with crayons! Can you imagine the wild fun?

+ Reply to Thread