+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Miss Him, But........

I Miss Him, But........

I miss him so bad it hurts, but then I listened to the Press Conferance held on October 26, 2000 and I couldn't help but smile and remember that below, is one of the reasons why I love him so much.

John Lomax: Uh, Garth, John Lomax, Country Music International.

Garth: Hey, how ya doin’?

John Lomax: Uh, thanks for spending the time with us today. Uh, I had a question, uh, everything sounds very logical, very well thought out. But, how would you give up the…. extraordinary emotional bond that you have with you and your live audiences which is probably a stronger bond than I’ve seen in anyone in show business create? How would you have the strength to do that?

Garth: You’re sweet. Thank you for saying that. Um, I think you find your strengths in other things and the weird thing that I’ve found…. they have sought, or seeked, whatever the appropriate word is…. me out. I see these people a lot. I just don’t see them in the arena now. I get cards from ‘em. I get letters from ‘em all the time with poems about my Mom. And these people… will not let….. it go. And that’s one of the things that I’m very thankful for. And these people keep showing up. They have found me in Oklahoma, which I’m very proud to see them out there. They find you at the Opry. They find you at the grocery store. You know, I couldn’t find a single damn one of them during the fire, thank you very much. (Laughter) But… but uh, uh, so they, they do, they seek you out, and they will continue that relationship and that’s what I’m very thankful for. But, John, let me tell you what happened the first…. six weeks ago, when my girl’s first soccer game. Down in baseball I got introduced to the wrap-around Oaklies that you see all the athletes wear. And I can’t play in ‘em but I love ‘em because, my eyes are real sensitive anyway, but they block out everything. My child’s first soccer game, I had them mashed to my head because I was cryin’ so hard during the whole game. And I realized, in that one game, I had more fun than all ten years of touring. And you realize these times in your life, when your standing on stage and you realize, “Oh God, thank you, this is where I’m supposed to be.” Standing on that sideline, yelling at my poor little 8 year old girl (laughter), you know, crying my eyes out. I look down at the grass and it was one of those times when you go, “Oh God, thank you, I’m where I’m supposed to be.” And that is what is going to…. replace it.
    Doesn't that just make ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

Krystal in Odessa

Awwwwww I remember that! Thanks for sharing, it put a smile on my face too!
    J.

Krystal I understand how you feel thanks for reminding us why our man can't be with us right now. I miss him so much too but I know nothing could pull me away from my kids for long periods of time either. He's a great man and that is why we all love him so much.
    Nadine

This is the first time I have read this interview. And to tell you the truth, it makes me feel a lot better about things.
    I was involved in the scrapbook that was delivered to Garth on Christmas and now I plan to participate in the birthday card thing also.
    To be honest I had almost decided NOT to send the birthday card, because I was thinking that maybe he just thinks it’s too much some times. Maybe he doesn’t want tons of mail or people showing up at his house in OK. Maybe with the decision that he has made about retiring to be a full time dad, that he wants to be just that, and while he totally appreciates the fact that he has a gazillion fans all over the world, maybe he does not want to see them or hear from them all the time, and maybe he would prefer that he could just be a ‘normal’ person for a while.
    However, after reading this interview, I realize that he cherishes both and wants to keep the bond going between him and his fans.
    Very enlightening.

Thanks for posting it.

Bethany

You are all very welcome! For those who haven't heard the entire interview I can try to post the link here. It's actually much better hearing Garth say the above. And make some popcorn and grab a soda cause it's over an hour long! Hope this works!

http://www.wctq.com/Documents/garthbrookspress.html

Krystal in Odessa

That was one of the coolest parts of the whole thing. It just confirmed what I already knew about how much Garth loves seeing and meeting the fans, and also what a wonderful father he is to his girls. There was no doubt in my mind after that press conference that Garth had absolutely made the right decision.

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

+ Reply to Thread