+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I have to confess.......

I have to confess.......

Okay,I have to confess,I've got a couple of Trisha's CDs,but I've never really listened to them,(bought them because Garth was on them )Anyway,yesterday I wanted to listen to some female singers for a change so I popped in some Dixie Chicks,Reba,and Trisha and to say the least,Trisha's voice blew me away...... Sure I've heard her on the radio and things but I've never really listened to her.
    So..........I guess I'll have to go out and get a couple more of her CDs and consider myself a fan!!

Leelee

Welcome to the tribe, Leelee. I like your choices the Chicks, Reba and Trisha. It's like an epiphany, isn't it? I'm so glad you can hear the subtle nuances in Trisha's style. It's rare to hear phrasing like Trisha uses... laughter while singing, or sassiness, or desparation... she's not just loud or soft, I can hear true emotions painted with her voice. I think Reba does it very well too, and the Dixie Chicks are just plain fun. Trisha's talents are amazing, she's pure quality. Did you know When We Were Still In Love on the Inside Out album was cut with Trisha, the piano and the string quintet in the same room? No separate voice track, Trisha was standing next to the piano. That's just unheard of today, basically, it's a live performance.

If you use this link, http://www.mca-nashville.com/trishayearwood/ you can view excerpts from a few of Trisha's videos. I like what they chose here, Trisha's personality and talent is evident in these clips, although definitely not long enough. Sorry, no Garth, none of these are performance videos.

I have to tell you, you ain't heard nothin' yet. Trisha live is even better than Trisha on Memorex.
    Terry Lynn

Teaser, I can totally attest to what you said about hearing Trisha live. I've been a fan of her's since the beginning but it wasn't until this year that I saw her in Ontario, Canada live for the first time. I didn't think it was possible for her to sound any better live but boy was I wrong. Her voice is even more perfect when you hear her live. I can honestly say I have never seen or heard anything like it. Even if I hadn't been a fan when I walked into that concert, I definitely would have been a fan when I left. Her voice just blows you away. She is so under-rated next to other female performers of today I think because she just sings, she doesn't sell herself at all, she just sings and there isn't anyone who can do that better than her, in my opinion.

Carol Ann
    Carol Ann

+ Reply to Thread