+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How are your radio stations referring to Lost in You??

How are your radio stations referring to Lost in You??

Well I finally heard the song twice today on the pop station here. The thing that gets me is they never mention the name Chris Gaines. Each time they said, here is the newest stuff from Garth Brooks, which we have had alot of request for this weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Garth say he wanted people to know this stuff as being Chris Gaines music? Then why aren't they even saying anything about CG? I could see if they said this is GB as CG or something, but no mention what so ever. Are they doing this in your area too?N
    "Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law." --- Sophocles

They haven't said anything at all here in DK about this project :(<BR>I think that no matter what Garth says, they will always say "Garth Brooks" when they play a CG song.<BR>He can't do nothing about it.<P>BrianN

According to a friend of mine who heard the song played on Kiss108, a pop station in Boston, they announced it as CG and said "But don't call him Garth" That might be the best way to announce the song. I might be wrong. But I think they should probably use both names.<P>Chris<BR>N

yeah,i think they should use both to,i would<BR>think it would be weird if they just said Chris cuz' i'd be afraid that they just don't want to "admit" its Garth.....which is NOT the case if they say Garth! ;)....but i do think they should say both! :)<P>aRiN
    Today...at this moment...it's a good day. . .

-

' I've conquered my past
    The future is here at last
    I stand at the entrance
    To a new world I can see
    The ruins to the right of me
    Will soon have lost sight of me '
    --U2

-

I agree. I think they should say Garth as Chris Gaines. Familiarize everyone with Chris Gaines before the movie comes out.<P>JulieN

They just played it here about 10 mins ago :D This is how they introduced it: "This is the latest single from Garth Brooks...or shall I call him Chris Gaines?" I think they kind of have to use both names, because there will be some Garth fans who have not heard it yet and may wonder if it's him. And then there are pop fans who will say "Who is Chris Gaines?" N

I heard "Lost in You" twice on Kiss 108 in Boston. Each time they explained that it was Garth Brooks playing the character of Chris Gaines. Each time they also said that it was great and "sounds nothing like Garth". I don't care what they call him, as long as they play the song.N

On our station here during the "challenge" all week, the DJ has introduced the song every time as: "This is Garth Brooks <B>as</B> Chris Gaines".<P>I asked her why she was introducing him this way, and she explained that she was letting people know this is a <B>character and a role</B> that Garth is playing. So that when they listen, they know it isn't Garth as a country artist, but singing and acting as the character of Chris Gaines. She has also let people know every time that this music is all tied into the movie. <P>Catch y'all around the next bend... N
    Lack of planning on your part,
    does not constitute panic on my part!

When requesting the "new Chris Gaines song" to a local pop radio station I was asked if I knew who that was. I replied yes but the DJ said they weren't allowed to tell anyone and being asked by promoters to refer to Chris Gaines as Chris Gaines and not to mention Garth Brooks. I have heard the song thanks to chrisgainesfans.com :) :) But the radio station said it should be another week or two before they start playing it.N

HMMMM, wonder why the station here is not mentioning Chris Gaines, only GB. I think I will have to eamil them and find out what's up.N
    "Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law." --- Sophocles

WOW, sounds like quite a few stations have started playing "Lost in You" already :D That's Cool, the more exposure the BETTER!! <P>Well, I hope they mention both names just to let everyone familiarize Chris Gaines.<P>TommyN
    "Life is like a piano--play to its fullest"

"A good start is half the job!"

"When we free do love anyone we choose... WE SHALL BE FREE" by Mr. Brooks

To the special man in my life: Shnuggie.

Florida- Where the votes count and count and count
    My local country station is playing it and they into it by saying this is Garth Brooks as Chris Gaines....<P>I agree with you shmlss4gb! I think the pop stations should acknowledge that it is Garth as Chris Gaines! N
    Moni

I'm lost... I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Here in Tucson, AZ they play Chris Gaines on our pop station and introduce it as Chris Gaines but after the song is finished say it is Garth Brooks. He's doing well here, winning the new music challenge last thursday and up againt tonight! I'll keep you posted.<P>LindsayN

How are my radio stations referring to Lost In You?<P>Easy. <B>They aren't</B>.<BR>They're not playing it yet...<P>...but they <I>will</I>, if I have anything to say about it! ;)<BR>HazelN
    "Can you say Fuzzy Pickles?" Garth Brooks 03/23/01

I spoke too soon.<P>They played it! They <I>played</I> it! They played <I>it</I>! <I>They</I> played <B>it!</B> <B>They played it!!!!!!!</B><BR>WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!<BR>OK, Hazel, breath, breath. In - hold it - and out again.<P>Right, I feel better now.<P>The DJ said as the song ended, "He's created a completely different persona for a movie, that was Garth Brooks, in the character (for that song) of Chris Gaines, with the song 'Lost In You'".<BR>At least I <I>think</I> that's what he said. As you might be able to tell, I was a little excited...<P>The station, BTW, was a "soft rock" station. It shouldn't have surprised me that they played it, really. They played (and still do, occasionally) both To Make You Feel My Love <I>and</I> Two Pina Coladas when they were out. I've been listening to that station for ten years, but now I REALLY like them!<BR>Yay for 107.9 WTPI!<BR>Hazel :DN
    "Can you say Fuzzy Pickles?" Garth Brooks 03/23/01

Am I the only one who HASN'T heard the song yet ? I've been trying to tune in on the top 40 stations, but it's really hard to get through some of the songs after listening to the country stations !!N

No, <B>sandytoo</B>, you're not the only one. I haven't heard it yet on the radio, just online. I can't listen to the Top 40 radio station in my area either...it's just too painful. I'm hoping that the soft rock station that I have been listening to, hoping to catch the song, will eventually play it. At least I can tolerate the music on that station.<P>PaulaN
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I FINALLY heard "Lost in You" !!!!! Twice now, and waiting for it to come up again very soon !! I absolutely love the song !! :D :D And had I not known that it was Garth, I wouldn't have known just from listening to the voice !! - at least the first time. But when I heard it the second time, I could just hear and see Garth with his heart totally into the song !! Can't wait for the CD to be released !!<P>And as far as how they're introducing the song, I read in the Atlanta paper yesterday that when the main Top 40 station debuted the song this week, they played it and asked for listeners to call in and guess who was singing the song !! And I don't think anyone could guess !! Of course, if I had been listening, I would have known just from the song title and artist !!<P>When I first heard it yesterday, it was a call-in request by a listener who wanted to hear the new Garth Brooks song. The DJ teasingly corrected her by saying "You mean the new Chris Gaines song ? Now remember, it's not Garth, it's Chris Gaines !!" N

+ Reply to Thread