Closed Thread

Thread: Con Air

Con Air

Just thought I'd let everyone know, Con Air is on tonight from 9:30pm to Midnight (Eastern Time), on your USA Channel.

Sue
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

Oh yeah? And why do I need to know this?

Oops! I missed it anyway!

You need to know this because Trisha sing HDIL in it at the beginning and at the ned and her name is in the end crdits.

What's HDIL? I don't watch much TV. What did we miss?

Oups! Sorry for the cut short, forced a habit, sorry! HDIL= How Do I Live. You didn't miss a lot, except perhaps the best use of a song in a movie since forever. You can actualy HEAR her! At the begining and at the end. They really used the song well. It's something to be happy about! I watch the movie just for those two minutes! Heck, I'll buy it just for that...

Oh! It's a movie? What orher movies has used Trisha's singing? Stuart Little? Prince of Egypt?

Fuzz...

Angel couldn't be more "right" if she tried. Con Air features Trisha singing probably the best song ever cut for a movie. And..its a great story, it doesn't suffer from PWP (plot? What plot?) hehe

Anyhow, if you missed it you might want to rent it. I thought it was worth the price of admission just to hear Trisha sing the song on the big screen!
    Sue
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

Yeah Stuart little and Hope Floats and Honeymoon in vegas (Well, she's on the sound track of that one, I don't know if you hear her during the movie!) and of course she's all over tangerine bear and she'S agot a cameo in The Thing Called Love. She's quite a busy person on screen!

Con Air stinks!

WHY???

Originally posted by FarfaNougan
    Con Air stinks!

I liked Con Air. It's a bit violent, but I still enjoyed it and of course it's great to hear Trisha sing HDIL.

I believe Trisha can be heard singing TMYML in Hope Floats. I have the video and I think you can hear her in a scene where Sandra Bullock's character is really down and she's walking alone and it may or maybe not be raining. I'd have to check the next time I watch it.

Seira

I'm chuckling here, when I first saw Conair, I had no clue who Trisha was. What I remember is loving the the opening 5 minutes of the movie, that first 5 minutes in the bar just blew me away, I was quite disgruntled when Nicholas Cage was sent off to jail, hated the middle and liked the ending. So now, when I watch Conair, I watch the first 5 minutes fast forward to the very end and watch the reunion. Gee, think Trisha had anything to do with that?
    Terry Lynn

I don't know, I just didnt like it, but maybe because I am not big on Yearwood, sometimes she can come off as a floozie or something.

Definition of Floozie: "Usually refers to a woman of loose morals". First of all I'd have to say that you could never accuse Trisha Yearwood of being a woman of loose morals. She is one of the few female artists out there today, in any genre, that actually does have morals. Secondly, all she did was sing How Do I Live for the movie ConAir so you not liking the movie may be one thing, but saying it stinks and you didn't like it because you are not a Trisha fan and you think she is a floozie fails to make any sense to me at all. I don't see the connection. Even though I would love it if I could convert everyone to being a Trisha fan, I realize that it is not possible and we all have our own musical tastes so if it is her music you don't like, although I don't agree with you, I respect your view point, HOWEVER, I think it really stinks that you feel the need to come onto a fan based web site for Trisha and try and trash her and make some kind of moral judgement on her character when you obviously know nothing at all about the woman.

Carol Ann
    Carol Ann

I haven't seen it because violent movies really aren't my style. I like Trisha and all, and I know some people probably went to see the movie just because her song was in it. Heck some of my friends seem to like the movie just because of her song and saw it several times for that reason. But personally I find it kind of silly to watch a movie that I wouldn't ordinarily watch just because of one little song. *grins*

Buz, it's a reason like another, like renting a movie because of a cameo... Her song was so well used that it could be considered a cameo, excapt that you don't, see her! ANd her daddy didn't like it, he liked the song, be he said it was too violent, so she brought him to see Sturat Little when she sang in it, he liked that one much better!

And FarfaNougan, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but if you're not big on Trisha, I'll safely assume you don't know her at all, cause if you did, you wouldn't say that she's Floozie! Because she trully is not a person of lose morals. It's not because she was asked to sing a song in a action movie that she is of loose morals.

Originally posted by FarfaNougan
    I don't know, I just didnt like it, but maybe because I am not big on Yearwood, sometimes she can come off as a floozie or something.
    Bwaaahahahahahaha! You're joking, right? And Ghandi was a glutton!

Are you a nun by any chance?

~Ann~

lmao! nunnery is a funny word
    THANK YA MUCH-
    Missy

You go Carol Ann!! Trisha ain't no floozy!!!
    Trisha 'n Garth Fan

The only reason I watch a movie is because I like the movie, so if it sounds boring or too violent or stupid or just not my style, then I'm not going to waste my time watching it.

BTW, random side note, didn't Trisha get divorced recently?

True, I guess we all choose out movie in different ways (I will admit I bought it because I liked it and was way thrilled when I saw that one fo the chapters was name 'How Do I Live' and that it wrote Trisha's lyrics in the subtitle... but it doesn,t take much to make me happy! )

And yes she did get divorced, although not too recently, she and roberts went their separate ways in th fall of 99.

No, Trisha did not divorced *recently.* It was 1999....to me, 3 years is not recent. I hope you're not referring to her being a "floozie" or a person of "loose morals" just because she got divorced.

Originally posted by buzwuz
    The only reason I watch a movie is because I like the movie, so if it sounds boring or too violent or stupid or just not my style, then I'm not going to waste my time watching it.

BTW, random side note, didn't Trisha get divorced recently?

No, Trisha did not divorced *recently.* It was 1999....to me, 3 years is not recent. I hope you're not referring to her being a "floozie" or a person of "loose morals" just because she got divorced.
    I haven't been a Trisha fan for all that long, and I'm terrible at remembering dates. So sue me. Just because you are mad at someone else on the board for posting their opinions doesn't mean you have to take it out on everyone else who happens to post anything.

Hi Guys and Gals.

Seems to be getting a bit warm in here, don't you agree?

Let's not get sidetracked with personal comments. Can we salvage this thread? I hope so.

--spud--

You must have me confused with someone else. I'm not mad at anyone.

What part of this post seems like I'm mad at someone??>>>

Originally posted by buzwuz
    I haven't been a Trisha fan for all that long, and I'm terrible at remembering dates. So sue me. Just because you are mad at someone else on the board for posting their opinions doesn't mean you have to take it out on everyone else who happens to post anything.

*hiding in the corner*

Will someone tell me when it is safe to come out again? Because I seem to have stumbled accross this site and landed meself in the midst of something I don't understand. Seems to me that me words were being misconstrued, from the innocent question that they were to a rather opinionated comment made by someone else.

I guess my request goes ignored.

--spud-

Closed Thread