+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jump the Shark

JUMP THE SHARK

Hey...
    Garth was mentioned in several articles I have read about a book and web site called Jump The Shark. The Las Vegas paper I read had a big picture of Garth and said his Jump The Shark moment was Chris Gaines. Jump The Shark is a site that talks about when a TV show went downhill. It came from an episode of Happy Days when Fonzie jumped a shark. The site now does movies, sports and music. Hence the inclusion of Garth. I am wonderingh if the publicity is helping Chris Gaines sales or even Scarecrow? Any publicity is better than no publicity. FYI

VH1 Behind the Music

I went to the web site and immediately found a Behind the Music section with Chris Gaines near the top of the list in that catagory, with many mentions like these below(the kind Garth likes to tack all over the house to keep himself in his place.)

Who writes this stuff? The readers? The public? I'm not sure I understand the idea. Is it like a kiss of death? Well, Garth did say, Chris has got to go! But I can say one thing as I toast the following commenters for their lovely sentiments: you can kiss my a**!!! Of course, that was Chris Gaines FAN that said that, not Garth's

The moment an episode was done on Chris Gaines, the fake alter-ego of that country guy Garth Brooks. Behind The Music was already turning into a Greatest-Hits-From-A-Has-Been marketing opportunity, and it was getting rather repetitive with the I'm-so-famous-I'm-so-drunk whining, but at least the stories were real. That episode revealed that the makers are now just interested in pure marketing without a shred of authenticity.

I agree: this Chris Gaines garbage has to be stopped. First VH1, now SNL. It's too idiotic. He can't hide that miserable hick accent. At least he's finally taken off his hat... though he now wears a wig.

35 minutes into the show! Time for the drug problem. Although I find myself watching some shows betting my husband whether its drugs or just mental illness with this performer/group.
    Okay, I live in Canada where we don't get to see the show around the clock. But when they did an episode on a fictional rock star it was just painful. Granted, I've always considered Garth Brooks to be a bit pretentious, but this is going way overboard.

The fact that they did Behind the Life of Chris Gaines (it wasn't an actual Behind the Music, but it was done in the style of BTM - same announcer, same lettering) was ridiculous. It's one thing for Garth to take on a new identity and make a type of concept album (a la Sgt. Pepper), but to take the idea so seriously and act like Chris Gaines really existed is too much.

The Chris Gaines episode was stupid. Who wants to watch a show about some guy who never existed and pretend he existed. TV has never stooped so low.

as a country music fan also, that Chris Gaines/Garth Brooks thing always reminds me of a secretary my wife used to have....she was single and when she went clubbing she'd use the fake name, "Chris!" She was about 65 at the time. Cool choice, Garth!! haha

http://www.jumptheshark.com/

Granted, I've always considered Garth Brooks to be a bit pretentious, but this is going way overboard.
    If Garth is pretentious, I wanna be that, too.

The Chris Gaines episode was stupid. Who wants to watch a show about some guy who never existed and pretend he existed.
    ***Maddy waving hands like wild***

And btw. Chris Gaines is more real than lots of those who have a real life.

I donīt understand why that person takes so much time to think about it all, when itīs soooooooooooo stupid and boring?!

Maddy loves her two boys!!!

Maddy
    Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
    Our lives are better left to chance
    I could have missed the pain
    But I'd of had to miss the dance
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try
    We shall be free
    Where your road leads I will follow!

+ Reply to Thread