+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Funniest thing in Iowa!

Funniest thing in Iowa!

I just got back from Iowa and the wierdest thing happened! i was with my family at a hometown baseball game and we saw Kevin Costner sitting a few rows behind us. my aunt loves him so we went to see if i could get her an autograph. of course he said yes and while he was finding a pen to write with he asked me how i liked baseball i told him i did and we were just talking about things like that and then music came up he said "well i like baseball fine but tonight im staying in and listening to music where i can get rid of my sunburn." we laughed and all then i asked him what he would listen to " and he looked up and said "i like country ill proabally listen to GARTH BROOKS" i looked at him and started to laugh. he laughed too and said "hey dont make fun of me!" i told him a wasnt that i loved garth brooks so much and so i talked to him for a little and told him i log on to planet garth and he said that once he got home he would too! so belooking for a movie star on the garth website! i got a pic ill try to scan it!

hope you liked the story! i couldnt believe it

go KEVIN COSTNER!!

always

kathleen opry
    Much love and God bless,

Kathleen O'Pry

Very Cool, Kathleen!
    Elaine

Kathleen, that is so cool and awesome!!! I've always liked Kevin and his movies...well except a few of them. It's really great that you got to meet him. He seems like such a nice guy. I remember Garth saying that he was a Kevin Costner fan. I think he mentioned that on the Vicky Lawrence show back in '93 or'94. He was a little behind on his movie watching and the first movie he got to see in a long time was "Field of Dreams". He really loved it and when it was done he watched it again. I love that movie too.

It's very cool that Kevin listens to Garth. The guy certainly has great taste. I hope he does visit PG. Hi Kevin!

I'm with you Kathleen. Go Kevin! Go Garth!

Thanks again for sharing this with us.

Seira

Well, believe it or not, my husband and I just watched Field of Dreams last night! I have a huge video collection (123... at last count) and when nothing good is on TV we pick a video instead. It was actually my husband's turn to pick (I guess he's getting tired of watching all my Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan movies... you know.... chick flicks.... )

Kevin Costner and Ben Affleck are my two favorite male actors! Both VERY handsome!

Is Kevin as handsome in person? I have to think he probably is!

Cant wait to see the pic!

Awesome story Kathleen! Can't wait to see your pictures. What do you suppose he was doing at your hometown baseball game??
    J.

Well I always knew that Kevin Costner was good looking....... but now we find he has brains and taste too!

WOW!

Maybe he'd like to go to the PG convention next year....... shhhhhhhhhh........ no don't tell him this years convention is coming up very shortly. I want him to wait until next year when I hope to be able to go too! *lol*
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

Kevin is a sweetheart! He used to come play in his high school alumni basketball games to help raise money every year and he always took time out for the fans. Glad to know he's not too big to take in a hometown baseball game!

How cool is that?!

And since Kevin is probably gonna be lurking around PG now, let me say "HI KEVIN!" Maybe you'll be daring enough to join in?

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

baseball

hey, yeah he was very cute in person. he has very sun blown brown hair and beautiful eyes. he also has a web site at www.kevincostner.com if he gets an email up im sure he would love to go to a convention. i thought it was cool that i met a famous garth fan. i think the reason he was in iowa was becuase he has family or something because i saw him last year at a restaurant but didnt say anything. if anyone goes to the college world series next year and cal. state fullerton is in it he will be there since that was his old school. wouldnt it be cool if he came to the pg convention? i wonder if garth would be a little jelous?? im sure he would be happy to hear about this little story. i think kevin is now my fav. actor {for one reason or another} but garth is still number one on my list!

always

kathleen
    Much love and God bless,

Kathleen O'Pry

Headline: Kevin Costner at the Garth Brooks Convention!!! Check your tv-guide!

Hes the one who giggles most and hes the biggest Garth-Nutt of all. I see that funny picture in my mind.

Well, I like to watch his movies, too. Hes a good actor and just a human. So "Hi!" to Kevin.
    Im sure he enjoyed it to be treaten like one.

Great story you shared.
    Thanks a lot.

Huggs!

Maddy
    Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
    Our lives are better left to chance
    I could have missed the pain
    But I'd of had to miss the dance
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try
    We shall be free
    Where your road leads I will follow!

Well my goodness I didn't think there was a man that could come close to Garth but hey....Kevin Costner is a good second! I love to hear when celebrities are cool and kind people. It makes it all the better to support the work they do! I hope Kevin becomes a new PG member...he would be an awesome addition to the group!

<3 ber

What a very and sweet story, Kathleen!

I have to say, that could easily be one of my fantasies! Talking about Garth to Kevin Costner! Oh My! Other than talking to Garth about Garth, what could be better?

Hey Kevin, if you're out there reading this... I know a good movie for you to star in. "The Lamb!" You can be Chris' work out partner in the gym, both wearing as little as possible! Oh allright, you can have a speaking part too.

Kevin Costner! A PG'er? WOW! How cool would that be?

~Ann~

Oh my. As I read this thread I've been playing the soundtrack all night to my favorite Costner movie, Message in a Bottle. There is something about the movie and the soundtrack that always brings all things Garth to me in a big way. An hour ago the tears were just rolling down my cheeks song after song. Edwin McCain's "I Could Not Ask for More" and Garth's friend Beth Nielsen Chapman's "I Will Know Your Love" being my two faves on that.

And I only recently saw Field of Dreams a few years ago.

I was watching Vanilla Sky today with Cameron Crowe's commentary, and he talked briefly about how the emotion invoked in scenes becomes real, and how one underlying theme is the idea of eternal love. I can't wait to see what Garth does with those concepts in The Lamb like James Cameron did with Titanic. If "Lost in You" was based on that kind of love, I have to think The Lamb is gonna bring the love in that song more to life, even without Garth directing. He said he was just gonna be scriptwriting and producing, right? And maybe play Chris Gaines if asked and has time? I wonder if Kevin and Garth are friends? Afterall, Garth does hang with Spielberg last I had heard. He was supposedly here with his daughter to see Garth as a Met.

But knowing Kevin is such a big Garth fan makes me even more excited Garth is moving into the film industry. I'll bet Kevin likes Chris Gaines too. Because he was featured in Kevin's movie For Love of the Game with "It Don't Matter to the Sun." I guess Chris Gaines must like baseball same as Garth too, ya reckon?

Originally posted by Garth_FANtasizer
    Hey Kevin, if you're out there reading this... I know a good movie for you to star in. "The Lamb!" You can be Chris' work out partner in the gym, both wearing as little as possible! Oh allright, you can have a speaking part too.
    Give us more of your sweet garthy dreams, sis! Its too enjoyable!

Well, Im sure Garth has a lot of friends everywhere. Well, he has his own Planet full of it. And Im sure he even stole the hearts of some actors/actresses. Once in touch with him you cant hide away or live without. Garth is just a classy guy everybody wants to hang round with. And his heart is sooo incredible HUGE! Theres a place for everybody who wants to join in.

Classy guy, our big boy!

Maddy
    Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
    Our lives are better left to chance
    I could have missed the pain
    But I'd of had to miss the dance
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try
    We shall be free
    Where your road leads I will follow!

+ Reply to Thread