+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody know anything about this?

Anybody know anything about this?

Hey Guys!
    I have a question and I hope someone here knows the answer. Back in one of Garth '97 (I think) concerts.. I think it was in San Jose, California.. But anyways, I read somewhere that Garth started singing IAE and then Trisha started on her part of the song and then quit. Does anyone know why she quit singing and they had to start IAE over again? And does anyone have a review of this concert?

Thanks,
    ~Love ya,
    Sarah

Hey Sarah-

You were right, it was in San Jose. Garth had started singing IAE and when Trisha came out the applause was just so loud that she got choked up and had to stop singing. There is an article about it in the news archives. You can also download a audio recording of it somewhere on the internet. I have it but I wouldn't even begin to know how to post it on here.

Christy

find it find it find it!!! lol I have heard this many times and read stories on it but have never heard the version I am so craveing it lmao if that is the words?
    THANK YA MUCH-
    Missy

Hey Sarah,

I went digging in my vault here for you and came up with a few files that I thought you might like. Shortly after the San Jose concert took place Garth released the live version of In Anothers Eyes to radio as he loved it so much. Garth & Trisha did several television shows and talked about the concert on Crook & Chase and also when he surprised her on Prime Time Country. Anyway hope you all enjoy the files here, there is NOTHING like hearing the live version of this song, the emotions are so there.

In Anothers Eyes Live San Jose 1997

http://home.pacific.net.au/~marytm/g...ose-live97.mp3

Garth & Trisha on Crook & Chase

http://home.pacific.net.au/~marytm/gbty-iae1-cc97.mpg

http://home.pacific.net.au/~marytm/gbty-iae2-cc97.mpg

The quality is not perfect but you can see how much that performance meant to them both.

Enjoy Rachael
    Attached Images
    Last edited by racmac; 06-29-2002 at 05:26 AM.
    The song Love Will Always Win is me, it is Trisha and myself, its Us - Garth Brooks
    http://www.brooksnyearwood.com

What a fantastic way to start my day!

Rachael ~ This sign is NEVER coming off my forehead!

Rachael ROCKS!!!!!!!

Huggs,
    Mary Liz
    Life is too short NOT to be a Garth Brooks fan!

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day!!!

Hey Mary Liz,

Well is about 12.30am here in the land downunder and let me assure you that you just WOKE me up, love the purple text, my fav color. So glad you enjoyed the song and the clips, and you ah have permission to remove the sign, people will wonder what the deal is

Keep Believin,

Rachael
    The song Love Will Always Win is me, it is Trisha and myself, its Us - Garth Brooks

Thanks guys SOOOOOOOOOOO Much!! Is the concert review still here? And I agree with Mary Liz

<<<RACHAEL ROCKS!!!!!! >>>

Thanks Rachael! Have I told you how AWESOME you are? Anyways, the song wouldn't play. But I got the other two to download!!

~Love ya,
    Sarah

Hey Sarah,

Glad you enjoyed the clips but sorry to hear the song wont play for you. Did you try saving it to your hard drive and playing it?? You should be able to use either windows media player or real player or winamp, anything that will play an MP3 file.

From the Planet Garth News Archives....

MCA Records Releases Special Live Audio Mix of Duet Exclusively to Radio

Thursday, September 25, 1997
    PRN Newswire.

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Sept. 26 -- MCA Records/Nashville has released to country radio only a special unedited, unmixed live version of the Trisha Yearwood/Garth Brooks single ``In Another's Eyes.'' This rendition was captured on tape when Trisha Yearwood surprised the audience by appearing at Brooks' sold out concert in San Jose, California in August. The audience reacted to Trisha's appearance with overwhelming thunderous applause which was sustained at such great volume and length it was described by one onlooker as a ``wall of sound.'' Trisha, so moved by the crowd, choked up and had to stop the song -- a first in her career. As the crowd continued to stand and scream, Yearwood and Brooks finished the song in an emotional fervor, and received yet another round of deafening applause from the wildly enthusiastic fans.

David Haley, MCA Records/Nashville's Vice President of National Promotion, states, ``the track is spellbinding -- when Garth made this available to us we jumped at the chance to release this incredible mix to radio. This version is another chapter in this exciting musical event shared by two friends, Trisha and Garth.''

Yearwood commented, ``I wish I could describe the feeling walking on that stage and singing with Garth. I was truly overwhelmed by the crowd response, and thank goodness Garth was there to hold me up or I surely would have fainted!''

``In Another's Eyes'' is from Yearwood's recently released greatest hits package titled ``Songbook: A Collection Of Hits.'' A promotional video for this single releases October 1. The video features the live vocal performance of Trisha and Garth from their September 11th appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.

Rachael

Rachael, what a pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning! Thank You! The audio on IAE was crystal clear! I would've loved to be at this concert and yes, you can clearly see how much that performance meant to each of them.

I cracked up when Garth called her "Yearweird" LOL!
    Sue
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

THANKS RACHAEL!!!! Again the banner is flashing RACHAEL ROCKS!!!

~Love ya,
    Sarah

You are so wonderful to us Rachael. I'm constantly amazed at the treats you share with us! THANK YOU!!!

-Karen

P.S. Okay, I can't resist, any chance you also have the Oscar medley Garth did with Faith Hill, Dionne Warwick, Queen Latifah and Ray Charles? I'd love to hear that again.

Thank you, Rachael!!! I couldn't get the C&C clips to work, but hearing that version of IAE again was AWESOME! Our local station did play it a few times when they released it, and it just blew me away. What an incredible crowd! Thanks a lot for digging that up for us to hear again!

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

+ Reply to Thread