+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trisha talks Garth with Lon Helton

Trisha talks Garth with Lon Helton

Trisha was cohost of the R&R countdown with Lon Helton this weekend. Here is part of the interview tawni123 posted at Trisha's website. I hope she won't mind my putting it here. I'm only posting the part that refered to Garth. If you would like to read the rest, I'll include the url to the post.

http://www.trishayearwood.com/webboard/index.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay. Here is the Garth stuff. I know some people are sensitive about this subject so I will be very careful not to misconstrue anything that she said. Actually, Lon said that he was kind of embarrased to be asking her about her private life. She told him not to worry about it that he could ask her anything. His actual question was something along the lines of how she was dealing with all the attention their relationship was getting.

Trisha said that when they first went public with her relationship she didn't want to answer questions about it because she didn't really know how to answer their questions. She said that she is still trying to work things out for herself because she has a 14 year friendship with Garth that is very important to both of them and that they want to protect that friendship. She said that she doesn't mind the questions now. She just doesn't want everyone to rush her because she has made mistakes in the past by letting herself be rushed into things.

Lon asked her if it was hard making their first public appearance as a couple and had it gotten any easier. She said yes to both. She talked about the Armey Archerd thing being their first public appearance as a couple. She said that before they went to the event that she and Garth had agreed to to do any press. Then when they got there reporters started calling Garth's name and asking questions. She said that he headed over and started talking to them. She made a comment about that being the "unpredictable world of Garth Brooks". She said something about Garth holding her hand while he was talking. She said that at that event she was a little uncomfortable holding his hand in front of all the cameras, and that she wasn't sure if they should be. She did say that it was getting a little easier to attend public events as a couple.

Trisha addressed the tabloids. She said that she had read everything from her losing weight for a wedding to her being pregnant to Garth being followed from the grocery store to her house by some girls. She went on to say that people were actually believing the stories because they do sound feasible. She said that none of the above are true. She said that the people who believe these stories must also believe the story about the "world's smallest mermaid being found in a sardine can" that she had read in one of these same tabloids. (It was a funny comment.)

They played SMI and went on to talk about it and the C2C concerts. Lon told Trisha that Garth had been quoted as calling her performance in the studio "attitudinal". She told him how much fun they had doing this song. And that because of their long singing history they tended to show off in the studio which brings out the best in them. She also mentioned Garth's high energy level.

She talked about the huge crowds at Garth's shows when she has toured with him in the past and used the Beatles analogy that she has used before. She said that at Garth's concerts there are people passing out and that the crowd is much louder than the stage.

Trisha said that after the C2C concert a couple of people had said that they didn't think it was right for Garth to ask her to sing back up after they finished SMI. She said that he hadn't asked her, she asked him. She said that people just didn't understand what it was like to be performing in front of such huge crowds of people. She said that she also asked him if she could go to the concert on the Enterprise.

Lon said something that I didn't catch all of about people wondering if Garth was going to be at any of her concerts. She said no that they did not plan on him being at any of the shows and that she didn't want people to buy tickets thinking that he would be there. She said that he is in OK concentrating on being a dad. She said that is what he is committed to doing.

I thought that Trisha was very candid during the whole program. She sounds very happy, and seems to be excited about the new single. I hope that her spending time talking to DJ's like she has been lately will help IDPMIC. I hope everyone enjoys reading all of this. If I think of anything else, I will post it. If anyone heard the beginning of the show, I would love to know what I missed.

~Ann~

Thans Ann!!! Thanks tawni123!!!

I love it! Can't seem to get enough of it! Trisha ROCKS!

Huggs,
    Mary Liz
    Life is too short NOT to be a Garth Brooks fan!

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day!!!

Thanks Ann and tawni123. I actually had the Lon Helton countdown show on last night and heard Trisha as the co-host, but wasn't really paying attention (DUH!) since I was in another room, so I didn't catch any of this discussion.

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Thanks Ann and tawni123!!! And you're right Mary Liz... Trisha does rock!

All of Trisha's recent TV performances and radio interviews has gotten us (me especially LOL) really excited, as we get to see her in concert in two weeks, and we should know this week if we got in to the Meet & Greet after the show! It's so good to see that she is in such good spirits, but I guess that happens when you hang around Garth for an extended period of time! LOL

Jim
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try

Jim & Cathy!

Hiya guys! All my fingers and toes are crossed for you to get into another M&G with Trisha! I know you could probably use another Trisha hug by now Jim and ....maybe another picture or two for your wallet?

I will be betting you'll get in.....sooooo...... can one of you give her a hug for me too? Thanks Oh, and tell her to come do a show in Cheyenne!

Huggs,
    Mary Liz

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day!!!

Good luck on getting that M&G, Jim. Trisha will definitely remember you and Cathy! Are you going to have her sign that picture of the two of you?

Have a good time at the concert!

~Ann~

Thanks for sharing that! I always miss the weekend countdowns. They're either on too early or too late here. It sounds like Garth and Trisha got past the tough part of dealing with the press. Now they're much more comfortable talking about it. I'm also glad they're taking things slow. I think the public may be trying to rush them, but they should take all the time they need and just enjoy it!

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

Thanks Mary Liz! Will do! I'll get one Trishahug for me and one hug for you! I'll give it to you next time I see you! BTW... anyone else want me to give Trisha a hug for them? *begging for more hugs* I can start a list... ROFL

Thanks Ann, we just found the photos tonite, I'll be getting them enlarged ASAP! LOL Gotta go shopping too to get another gift!

Jim
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try

Jim- give Trisha a hug for brad and I, could ya?? Thanks

Vanessa

Thankyou!!!

I don't mind you putting this on PG. I wander around over here all the time. I just never have registered before. I had considered posting it here myself except I wasn't sure how without typing it all over again.

Just to let everyone know, I was paraphrasing what Trisha said. I tried to jot things down the way she said them, but I did not have a way to record the interview so I could not transcribe it. I missed the beginning so if anyone else caught the show, I would love to know what else she talked about.
    ~Tawni~

Welcome to PG Tawni and THANKS again!!!! I think you did a great job posting what Trisha said.....and in paraphrasing you did a wonderful job of capturing her sweet and sassy self!Don't you just love that gal!?!?

I hope, now that you aren't just "wandering around" over here, now that you have decided to post, that you'll make it a regular thing! If you get more info on this interview, be sure to come back ASAP and let us know! And again.......

WELCOME TO PG!

Huggs,
    Mary Liz

Very cool Tawny and Ann - thank you both! Tawny we're glad to have you as part of our Planet, hope you enjoy your time here! Trisha has her own forum as well, hope to see you posting lots!
    J.

Good for her! I am so glad she is doing this her way! Thats way she is awesome. DEFINITELY give her a BIG (((((((((HUG))))))))) for me! I really can't wait to ( if we get a chance to) to know her response from the cards and donations to TFK....Hopefully that will feel like a big garth hug from us to her too!
    <3 ber

moving away...near a rivers ebbing flow...from where I come and where I go...lighthouses in harbors shore...keeping safe the tossed and torn.
    Go ahead Jim...make a list! LOL
    Add my name for a hug also to pass along to Trisha...
    Show her the list while your at it! I bet she'll start laughing!
    I hope you'll enjoy passing along the hugs...
    you don't mind do you?

Now...about this info:
    Trisha addressed the tabloids. She said that she had read everything from her losing weight for a wedding to her being pregnant to Garth being followed from the grocery store to her house by some girls. She went on to say that people were actually believing the stories because they do sound feasible. She said that none of the above are true. She said that the people who believe these stories must also believe the story about the "world's smallest mermaid being found in a sardine can" that she had read in one of these same tabloids. (It was a funny comment.)
    I don't think the tabloids are going to like hearing about Trisha denying their lies!
    I can see the next story the tabloids run already!

The World's Smallest Mermaid Mysteriously Enlarged And Identity Finally Revealed...Ever Hear Of Trisha Yearwood?

LOL
    -Diane
    "There's Faith,Hope and Love,and the greatest of these is love, that's cool" Garth Brooks on We Shall Be Free Video

Jim if you are still making your list.....add these names of ppl who also want to send a hugg to Trisha.......

Ron (Hubby)
    Josh (son ~ he says he'll send several, as he thinks she is really "a hottie"!))
    Kelly (daughter)
    Jeff (son-inlaw)
    And................................

Wee Willie the Wonder Dog!
    (throw in a real wet lick on the cheeks and neck nuzzle for him! )

Poor Trisha she is going to be all hugged out, if there is such a thing!

WE LOVE YOU TRISHA!!!! Please come to Wyoming, or at least Denver!

Huggs,
    Mary Liz

Originally posted by berriffic
    I really can't wait to ( if we get a chance to) to know her response from the cards and donations to TFK....Hopefully that will feel like a big garth hug from us to her too!
    <3 ber
    Amber, I will be able to let you know her reaction in a couple of weeks!

Huggs,
    Mary Liz

Thanks Ann. I also read this at the TY site. I think it's wise that they're taking things slowly. Their friendship is very important to them and they've both been through a lot. I'm glad she feels more comfortable about their relationship being public. She seems to be handling it all pretty well and it's great she has a sense of humor when it comes to the tabloids. They're as tacky & "fishy" as ever.

Jim, put me down on the hug list. At this rate, you'll be spending all your time with Trisha, hugging her. Hmm...I guess you wouldn't really mind that, would you? Hope the meet and greet works out for you.

Mary Liz, I can't wait 'til you let us know what Garth and Trisha said about the donations and cards. Thanks again for putting this all together.

Seira

I want to add my thanks again as well, Mary Liz. You know, they say timing is everything and I think in this case things couldn't have worked out better. By that I mean, when you started the thread for sending our best wishes via cards and donations to Garth and Trisha who would have thought that by the time they received the package their relationship would be "official". I think it will mean the world to them to see how much their fans love and support them and their relationship especially since they were a little unsure about revealing it too quickly to the public. This couldn't have happened at a better time as they will know without a shadow of a doubt that we are THRILLED and JUMPING FOR JOY that they are FINALLY together. Thanks again and can't wait for the update about their reaction.

Carol Ann
    Carol Ann

No thanks necessary from anyone! But, much appreciated It was my pleasure to be your messenger....As Garth said ! "It was all you guys!"

Huggs,
    Mary Liz

Hey Hey Hey
    I started that thread! LOL I didn't do anything else important.... that was all Mary Liz...but I started the thread! ROFL J/K

<3 ber

Sorry, Ber. I realized you started the best wishes thread for Garth and Trisha and it was a great thread. What I meant to say to Mary Liz was we thank her for offering to take the cards with our best wishes to the proper hands so Garth and Trisha would get them.

Carol Ann
    Carol Ann

Trisha on Garth going to yardsale

In the interview with lon helton, I believe, he asked her about Garth and the yard sale story. She said she couldn't speak for him but she doubted that he had ever been to a yard sale in his life... Thought it was interesting, tho that right after this was said, someone else stated that he did go to tanya tuckers trash and treasure sale... if this is true, that sale was held fan fair week.. Been nice if he had surprised everyone again with an impromtu autograph party..

Such a cool interview! I didn't get the chance to listen in, so thanks so much for taking the time to post it here! And I agree, you did a great job of capturing Trisha and her sassy side! What a gal!
    Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, glory of the flower, we will grieve not, but find strength in what is left behind.
    William Wordsworth

+ Reply to Thread