+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thicker Than Blood...Next Single

Originally posted by PretzelPerson
    When was Garth injured in a car wreck? Was he hurt bad?
    yes, and yes.. he does have a little scar somewhere on his face from it.

back when he was in college.

Jason

in a bown of alphabet soup, you ry and put the letters together
    if garth did a movie, the way that he did his videos it would not work!

hi aprochis his videos in a way that does not focus the viewers idea of what the song is about, he tries to expand them. (one could say that he got away frome this in SOTF) but for the most part, the videos are up for interpitation.

I dont know if this could work with a movie,. I dont think i'd see a movie that didn;t tell you what hapend to the charicters. I wouldn't see a movie that had an OBJECTIVE plot. i realy dont think it can be done, i'v yet to read an objective novel or see a move that iw objective. All fiction is Subjectivbe, you know who the charicters are, what they are about, what they do, and what hapens to them.

OH Fuzzy the chicago thing, it ws frome the Ryan WHite book! Theres a point nin the book where ryan says he whote "sweet nothings" to his G/F HEather. one of them was, "I WAS SAD AND MAD TO SEE YOU WITH BRAD, AFTER DETROIT I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMPTHING GOING" makes you wonder. theres also a question that he says he alwas got asked, and never got a strait answer to, i think you can guess that one. i think the two are related!haha

oh yea, i found out taht the brad dude he was talking about was his best friend! oh well!

if you guys want to know what i'm talking aobut read "ryan white, my own story"

just some more timeless ramblings frome an insaine poet!!
    Just some timeless ramblings frome an insain poet

"i realy dont think it can be done"~Dean

But I do Dean. I do. Some here may be sick of me saying this, but Chris EXPANDS on all things Garth, in a big way. I saw that without even seeing a script for The Lamb or hardly knowing anything about the guy in the hat. Garth has a way of pulling you in right along with him too. It's like fiction that's true, applicable to real life. Hope that makes sense. If Garth believes The Lamb is Chris Gaines "Sgt. Pepper" I think we oughta not short-change the possibilities that can come simply from believing. For surely, faith is what's driving this thing. As Garth believes, there are No Fences to the music. As he says, it can take us to places and planes unimaginable. But I do imagine that would include how music interacts with film? And how the emotion touches our hearts in a personal way?

i always hear "Why Ain't I Running" on the radio!!!!
    Doesn't that mean it's a single. Is it possible that it was just released in canada?

I was so happy to hear my radio station play "Thicker Than Blood" today. One of the deejays commented after it played that it was a great new song from Garth. I don't think they would play it if it weren't a single.
    Here's hoping they play it more than they played "Squeeze Me In"

Seira

hey fuzzy do me a favor! heck all of you

go out and by a book called "ryan white, my own story"

it's very good, and gets you to look at life a lot differently! If you want to know what a hero is, yea read this book!

Dean, I have read it a few years back from my public library. I recall Elton John and Michael Jackson in that. Was Garth too? And yes, Ryan is quite the hero. His Mom too!

Garth wasn't in ryans book. dont think they ever met. but when Ryan was in the hospittle the last time, elten flew out frome Farm AID to see him, Garth was at the Farm aid concert!!

I heard "thicker" today on my radeo, they spent a bit of time talking about it, and red the notes frome the booklet that came with the CD. what are thoes called?

BTW i want to know sompthing!! who is Cliff and why did he take so many notes on so many books????

I heard it yesterday too.. I'm so glad that is my fav song

Maybe Garth will sing Thicker Than Blood on the Early Show next week?

I heard it as clear as day today.

Garth used the word "blood" in place of word "red" on his Songwriters Celebration rendition of Thicker Than Blood. (I'll rest my case about The "Red" Strokes right there.)And he once again emphasized that he was not allowed to use the word "step" or "half" about his siblings. And he explained, it's because we are all supposed to be part of something that means everything.

Dean suggested Thicker Than Blood might have the solution within the song itself, and I think he hit on it. We do know the answer afterall, right?

I wonder what Chris Gaines really means when he says we gotta love one another, as in Right Now?

+ Reply to Thread