+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to focus on GARTH........

Time to focus on GARTH........

I am mentally drained from reading all the rumors and yet another thread started about how great Sandy is and what you'd say to her if you met up with her. I think it was all said on the prior thread, but hey, its a free world.

I'd like to know what you would say to Garth as he starts the next chapter of his life. Now that he's a single father that is no longer touring, but focusing on raising his 3 girls, and possibly acting in his movie, The Lamb, and doing charity work, etc...........What would you say to him as he embarks on the next chapter of his life?

I'm not really sure what I'd say to him so I'm gonna take some time to think about it. But I'd be interested in what you all have to say.

Sue
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

"Only in Amercia, Dreamin' in Red, White and Blue!!!"

Well....

Well...I would first ask Garth how he does it? How he has become and stayed the person he is today. With everyone watching everything he does with a microscope, I would like to know how he stays so normal. If I could be like anyone, I would want to be like Garth Brooks. He is the model of what every person should be and want to be. A great parent, a hard worker, uses his God-given talents as BEST AS HE POSSIBLY CAN, and AN AWESOME PERSON. I can't help but think of the song "When There's No One Around". That's the song that gives me the best mental picture of Garth. I think it's the song that describes him the best and show that he IS STILL JUST A MAN. He just happens to possess extraordinary talents that amaze and move people farther than they have ever been moved before. Garth is definetly one of the best role models I could EVER THINK OF!!!! I think everyone needs to focus on Garth, because of the great things that he has done and will continue to do. I think that people want to play the "it's his fault, it's her fault, she did this, he did that game" and I personally have heard enough. Why don't we just focus on the things Garth has done with his life that has made his life and our lives what they are today. Just sit there and think, what would your life be like if you had never heard the name Garth Brooks. I think it would be totally different. I can't say the same, for Sandy Brooks. Would it matter if you had never ever heard that name before? No, because she isn't the talent, the voice, the amazing person that makes Garth Brooks, Garth Brooks!!!!

This is one of my most favorite songs!!!!!!

When There's No One Around-

"This is a song that nobody knows
    I couldn't begin to describe how it goes
    But it makes me cry or laugh right out loud
    It's a song that I sing when there's no one around

This is the man that nobody sees
    He wears my old clothes and he looks just like me
    Just one of the boys who gets lost in the crowd
    He's the man that I am when there's no one around

It's four in the morning
    I'm lyin' in bed
    A tape of my failures
    Playin' inside my head
    It's heartache and hard knocks
    And things I don't know
    I listen and I wonder
    Where will it go

This is a glimpse of a child that's within
    He's so immature but he's still my best friend
    If he could learn how to fly he'd never touch down
    He's the kid that I am when there's no one around

This is the dance I do every day
    I let my feet go and get carried away
    I let my soul lead and follow the sound
    It's the dance that I do when there's no one around

It's four in the morning
    I'm lyin' in bed
    A tape of my failures
    Playin' inside my head
    It's heartache and hard knocks
    And things I don't know
    I listen and I wonder
    Where will it go

This is a song that nobody knows
    I still can't begin to describe how it goes
    But it makes me cry or laugh right out loud
    It's a song that I sign when there's no one around
    It's a song that I sign when there's no one around"
    "Let's Roll!!!" Todd Beamer 9/11 Victim

GarthNTrisha,

That is a great reply! I don't think I could've said it better myself. And I LOVE that song.

I think if I had as much power as Garth did, I might get an attitude. I think its great he is so humble, and he finds time for the fans~it seems like always, but I too would love to know how he remains so down to earth.

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Sue
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

moving away...near a rivers ebbing flow...from where I come and where I go...lighthouses in harbors shore...keeping safe the tossed and torn.
    Very cool topic!
    Oh God don't we know he's a man!
    I love when others post the lyrics to songs too!

First I would greet Garth with a 'hi, how ya doing' type thing...
    share some conversation about 'Scarecrow'... ask how the girls were doing with soccer... and maybe a few questions about 'The Lamb' and if 'The Believer' magazine is gone for good or what his plans are for that.
    I'd probably ask a few questions about Christian Gaines...and before he left I'd let him know I love the song from 'Sevens' titled 'Fit For A King'...

His pulpit's a corner
    On 19th and Main
    His grip on the gospel
    His one claim to fame

He hurls fire and brimstone
    At the cars passing by
    And he offers salvation
    For the savior on high

His khakis are tattered
    And he ain't bathed in weeks
    His bout with the bottle
    Shows up on his cheeks

He looks like a scarecrow
    A sight to behold
    As he works for the shepherd
    Bringin' lambs to the fold

He points to the Bible
    He holds in his hands
    Says I'm proof that the good Lord
    Can save every man

Son, it ain't what you're driving
    Or the clothes that you wear
    Material possessions
    Won't matter up there

And someday in heaven
    When the angels all sing
    These rags that I'm wearin'
    Will be fit for a king

He's fighting a fever
    In spite of the chill
    He pulls up his collar
    And he speaks of God's will

His body is weakened
    But his faith is still strong
    For he's filled with conviction
    For the mission he's on

He knows soon in heaven
    He'll be homeless no more
    As his work will soon echo
    From that far distant shore

Son, it ain't what you're driving
    Or the clothes that you wear
    Material possessions
    Won't matter up there

And someday in heaven
    When the angels all sing
    These rags that I'm wearin'
    Will be fit for a king
    -Garth Brooks

After I sang the song and asked him to sing with me,
    I'd tell him to send my love to Sandy when he drops
    the girls off at home...and tell her thanks for writing
    'That Summer' such a great song!

That Summer
    I went to work for her that summer
    A teenage kid so far from home
    She was a lonely widow woman
    Hell-bent to make it on her own
    We were a thousand miles from nowhere
    Wheat fields as far as I could see
    Both needing something from each other
    Not knowing yet what that might be

'Til she came to me one evening
    Hot cup of coffee and a smile
    In a dress that I was certain
    She hadn't worn in quite a while
    There was a difference in her laughter
    There was a softness in her eyes
    And on the air there was a hunger
    Even a boy could recognize

She had a need to feel the thunder
    To chase the lightning from the sky
    To watch a storm with all its wonder
    Written in her lover's eyes
    She had to ride the heat of passion
    Like a comet burning bright
    Rushing headlong in the wind
    Now where only dreams have been
    Burning both ends of the night

That summer wind was all around me
    Nothing between us but the night
    When I told her that I'd never
    She softly whispered that's alright
    And then I watched her hands of leather
    Turn to velvet in a touch
    There's never been a summer
    When I have ever learned so much

We had a need to feel the thunder

I often think about that summer
    The sweat, the moonlight and the lace
    And I have rarely held another
    When I haven't seen her face
    And every time I pass a wheat field
    And watch it dancing with the wind
    Although I know it isn't real
    I just can't help but feel
    Her hungry arms again

She had a need to feel the thunder

Rushing in long in the wind
    Burnin' both ends of the night

-Diane
    "There's Faith,Hope and Love,and the greatest of these is love, that's cool" Garth Brooks on We Shall Be Free Video

GARTH ALLLLL GARTH

This topic was supposed to be ALLL ABOUT GARTH!!! If you didn't know, Sandy wrote one version of That Summer and then Garth made a lot of changes to it, so she really didn't write the final version!!! Enough talk of Sandy!!! ALLL GARTH ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!

moving away...near a rivers ebbing flow...from where I come and where I go...lighthouses in harbors shore...keeping safe the tossed and torn.
    Are you yelling at me?

The question was?

I'm not really sure what I'd say to him so I'm gonna take some time to think about it. But I'd be interested in what you all have to say
    I told you what I'd say! Did you want to tell me what to say instead????

How rude!

-Diane
    "There's Faith,Hope and Love,and the greatest of these is love, that's cool" Garth Brooks on We Shall Be Free Video

Yelling? Nope you'd know if I was yelling. I figured by the title, and Sue's post that people would get the hint, that we (people posting in this thread) and sick and tired of hearing about Sandy. That's all I said. Plus, I needed to set the record straight. So, that's what I meant by saying ENOUGH TALK OF SANDY. I don't really care what anyone says, I don't need to waste my time yelling at someone on PG.

I think we need to focus on being nicer to each other in these threads and not jumping down other peoples throats.

I am tempted to close this thread if the posts continue this way.

I sure hope I don't need to do that.

You know.. we all are sick and tired of hearing different things. If a topic or mention of something bothers you that much.. skip over it. I am not going to put up with these threads where people are slamming one another.

Geez........ let's all get a grip here.

Monica

Excuse me... but how can I answer honestly without telling you what i'd say to Garth?

Not only that... face it... this is a 'Garth' forum!
    Sandy is a part of Garth's life! And the reason he went back to Nashville in the first place!
    She's the mother that gave birth to his three daughters!
    And he'll always love her if you like it or not even if they're
    not together for now!

The rude part of all is how you think you can tell me what I'd comment to Garth about!
    And the "SPITE" that goes along with this topic because ALI posted a topic about 'Sandy'! Some people have their eyes open and can see!
    And your a Trisha Yearwood fan? I thought her fans were nice until now!

-Diane

One other point to make here..

SANDY is related to Garth whether you want to hear about it or not.
    I don't think it's fair to tell someone what they can or can't post in a thread.

GarthNTrisha, you were the first person to mention Sandy Brooks in this thread.

I don't get it???

Well...

if I would meet Garth I would say:

HOW ARE YOU? CAN I HAVE AN AUTOGRAPH AND WOULD YOU LIKE TO POSE FOR A PIC WITH ME?
    If he would say NO I guess I would "kill" him

That's all I would ask. I am absolutely NOT interested what Garth does in private, he can and does what he wants, so I don't see the point we should discuss about that!

Sandy WAS THE love of his life as he always mentioned. Times change, people change so you have to accept it or not. I agree with countryfair_85, she did write what she wanted to ask Garth and no matter if that question contents Sandy or not.

Take care, see you around,
    *blue*

Yeah, I was only trying to get the focus on Garth, that's why I started this thread. I have nothing against Sandy, I only saw another thread opened up with the same posts as the one before it and since I am a fan of Garth (and not Sandy), I'd rather hear what people would say to Garth if they were to meet him. Probably most of us on this forum have not met Garth in person. I myself would freak if I met him. I met Trisha and couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth ~ Garth is a million times bigger than Trisha so I'd probably faint if I were to meet him.

I can understand GarthnTrisha's frustration and maybe out her frustration she ruffled a few feathers with her post. I can certainly understand that, but understand also where some others are coming from. I admit I'm sick of hearing about SB, so I don't post to the 2 threads that have been started for her.

But in this next chapter of Garth's life, post-Music, I'd like to know what people would say to him. I mean, his priorities have completely changed.

Now its not my intention for this thread to become a Sandy thread. As much as some don't want to let it go, Sandy is not Garth's future. I didn't want to make this thread what we'd say to Garth and Trisha if we were to meet them together, I purposely left Trisha out of it because I know there are some here who don't believe they are together, let alone have a future together. And please don't think I'm anti-Sandy. I'd just like to avoid saying the same things over, and over, and over again, that have been said in the other 2 threads. And to add to this, I think that if I were divorced and everywhere I went someone brought up my ex, I'd get sick of hearing it. So while I can't prevent you from mentioning SB, please know the idea of this thread was focusing on the next chapter of his life, not his past.

Thanks,
    Sue

Originally posted by GarthnTrisha
    Yelling? Nope you'd know if I was yelling. I figured by the title, and Sue's post that people would get the hint, that we (people posting in this thread) and sick and tired of hearing about Sandy. That's all I said. Plus, I needed to set the record straight. So, that's what I meant by saying ENOUGH TALK OF SANDY. I don't really care what anyone says, I don't need to waste my time yelling at someone on PG.

hi

can u tell me where i can read more about garth .
    like whats his album releases
    singles
    etc

and about his life too

i know nothing as i am a new fan . just heard his itnc version only .

sorry

Re: hi

Go to www.google.com, key in Garth Brooks, and start clicking away. There is tons of info. on the net about Garth.
    Sue

Originally posted by natural_flavour
    can u tell me where i can read more about garth .
    like whats his album releases
    singles
    etc

and about his life too

i know nothing as i am a new fan . just heard his itnc version only .

sorry

thanks

thanks for the info although i didnt mean it that way .

i meant : a good easy site for surfing that many of u visit ,and thus would advice new comers to visit.

i could have done the backup plan u gave me alone .

anyways i ve started my drilling work

and the first piece of info which attracted me is :

Garth makes history
    Nov 26, 2001
    Capitol

Capitol recording artist Garth Brooks tops "The Billboard 200 Album Chart" with his new album SCARECROW, which was released last Tuesday.
    This marks the seventh time that Brooks has debuted at the #1 position on the
    pop chart, more times than any other artist. His other #1 debuts include:
    ROPIN' THE WIND, THE CHASE, IN PIECES, DOUBLE LIVE, THE LIMITED SERIES BOX
    SET and SEVENS. Additionally, Brooks has spent more weeks (51) in the # 1 position on the sales chart than any other artist in the 90's since the
    inception of sound scan.

SCARECROW is also the highest selling album in its first week (465,523 units) on the "Top Country Album Chart" since Brooks' own DOUBLE LIVE in 1998 and marks the ninth time Brooks has attained the #1 position on the country sales
    chart.

thats very intersting
    gotta get the scarecrow album after my exams storm

bye

There's very good information on this site from the beginning of Garth's career. Check out the News, to start. There sure is a lot of reading to do!
    Sue

Hi,

I have to tell you all, I am such a wimp, My sister and I went up to the gates on our visit last Easter. Got out and took some pictures, hung out for a few minutes, then a suv came up the road... I dont know if it was GARTH or not, but I jumped in my truck and split...lol I just dont know if I could meet him or not. espeacally with someone I know that could come home and tell my most foolish moment..lol lol

But..... If I did, after I got past blubbering, and asked all the odvious guestions, and told him how much all the music has meant to me....

I would really like to know what music GARTH has in his car. I would like to know what music GARTH listens to on a daily basis. That would be cool !!

Take Care All,

Lisa
    To keep harmony in your marriage,Keep in tune with Jesus Christ.

Hi Lisa!

I have to tell you, I too would've drove away when I saw an SUV coming up the road. I would feel like such a (rude) idiot standing outside Garth's gate and having him go through it. Its just me, though, not my style.

I'm still not sure what I'd say to Garth, although I'd want to encourage him to continue to give us some type of music some way, somehow, where he wouldn't be taken away from his children. But I'm still thinking about it.
    Sue

Beautiful Georgian Bay,Ontario, Canada, where the sunsets are heaven-sent
    HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING???!!!!
    How can someone be sick and tired of hearing about Sandy? Have there been a million threads about her or something?

I KNOW this is a Garth-related sight, where we are free to post about Garth-related issues, TFK is one, Teresa's wonderful columns are another and so on. Even about Sandy.
    Personally, it is a refreshing change from Trisha. I am sure if given a choice, neither want to be topics!!
    Have you ever wondered why there seem to be less new topics and the same posters quite frequently?
    THINK ABOUT IT?!
    Who wants to be bothered to read the negativity amongst people?
    TrishaNGarthfan; you always seem to be quick to jump: & cut and paste quotes of others.
    TOO BAD...

like Monica said...be nice, if you don't want to read it, skip over it. Then the bashing begins.

"since I am a fan of Garth (and not Sandy)"
    you just said it yourself then proceed to say you have nothing against Sandy.
    We are not COMPARING Garth's female counterparts, but hey, like it happened before, and is happening again, some people are taking the fun out of this Planet
    Ask yourself this, if Garth and Trisha were to read these threads, would you be proud of what you wrote and how would they feel?!
    Hmmm...gives one food for thought.
    I wonder how they would feel about people dissing others ideas and opinions...is that what they sing about?
    NOT
    People...give it up, start loving thy neighbor and be thankful that we can come to a mutual ground where we can discuss Garth related things...
    Trisha has her own forum for that, unfortunately Sandy does not.
    Diane, remember your opinions are welcome here!!!!!
    ALISON
    Canadian Garthfan

>>>HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING???!!!!

Yes, its apparent you have.

>>>>"since I am a fan of Garth (and not Sandy)"
    you just said it yourself then proceed to say you have nothing against Sandy.

Ali, please stay on topic. I don't go and disrupt your threads. I am a fan of GARTH. He has sold over 100 million albums, he's got an awesome voice, etc. etc. I thought we might get this thread back on topic.

Sue

Okay, let's get this thread back on topic (do I hear a parrot?). The question was "what you would say to Garth as he starts the next chapter of his life?" Whether someone mentions Sandy or Trisha or anyone else should not start an argument. If that's what they "would say to Garth as he starts the next chapter of his life", that's what "they would say."

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

OK, I've thought about it.....

If I were to "run into" Garth, after I'd stopped hyperventilating enough to actually talk, first I'd thank him for giving so much of his time to his fans. Not only would I want to know as GarthNTrisha put it, "How he does it," but I'd like to know how he never gets sick of making time for the fans. Seems he's always so thoughtful and gracious when it comes to people wanting to get close to him. (I know no matter how famous I ever became I couldn't be as personable as him.)
    Then I would thank him for all the wonderful music he put into my heart. Because even though he has "retired," all the years of his music still lives in my heart and when I want to remember a special time in my life I often pop that Garth CD from that time in the player, and listen. I can still remember "discovering" country music, Garth and Trisha (separately) but in particular, and wanting to share it with my Mother, but she was deathly ill and couldn't understand it anyway.

After I thanked him I would ask him to think about possibly putting more music out but working on it from home, so he could be with his daughters on a full time basis. I would definitely urge him to act in The Lamb. And one thing I would ask him is what his favorite passage is in the Bible. Since he remarked to the children during RAA that he read the Bible daily, I'd be really interested in what his favorite scriptures were. And I'd certainly encourage him to keep going on it and also teaching his girls about the Bible, as I'm sure he does.

Of course I'd tell him what a big Trisha fan my husband (especially) and I are, and that whatever the future holds for them, I hope he finds happiness, because he sure looks happy when he's with her. And I'd remind him that life is too short not to be with the one you love - Just "Do what you gotta do" and enjoy yourself.

I'd probably ask him what inspired him to write a few of the songs he wrote, and then I'd give him a hug (and melt) when it was all over.

Sue
    Last edited by TrishaNGarthFan; 05-18-2002 at 06:10 PM.

I'd probably say "Hi Garth, here is this pair of rose coloured glasses - just like the ones worn at Planet Garth. Look through these and all the world will be right"

Annette

So Sue...keeping on topic and not missing ANYTHING...
    here is the answer to your question
    I would say to Garth

Good Luck!!!
    Thanks for the good times, great music and awesome memories!
    The swivel was fabulous, the Wranglers-amazing but the love we shared was like no ride I have ever been on before! Thanks for the trip!!

Just remember, I'll be waiting, "when you come back to me again!" and so will the rest of the Nutts.
    Love you Garth
    Last edited by ALI; 05-18-2002 at 07:35 PM.
    ALISON
    Canadian Garthfan

Ali,

That was a great response. Thanks for posting it. I had forgotten about the swivel and the Wranglers though...LOL! Gotta love 'em!
    Sue

Hey Sue

Sometimes we get caught up in the craziness of the world and forget about the important "little" things.
    Wranglers (bites finger!!)were fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eek!!!!!!!!!!!
    (altho between you and me, I think what was in the rear of the Wranglers was not so little, but certainly caught our attention!!)
    ...running...for...cover!
    YYYYYYYYYYYes!!!!

" naughty, naughty Canadian Garthfan!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, gosh, think I am focusing on Garth a little too much!(if that IS possible)
    LOL
    Last edited by ALI; 05-18-2002 at 08:17 PM.
    ALISON
    Canadian Garthfan

ROTFL!! Are you talking about that "Wrinkle?" It sure don't look like no "small" wrinkle to me!! LOL!!
    Oh yes, I would thank him for wearing the Wranglers, too!
    (I'd even like to thank the Wrangler company for making Wrangler Jeans, when I think of him in them.)

Originally posted by ALI
    Hey Sue

Sometimes we get caught up in the craziness of the world and forget about the important "little" things.
    Wranglers (bites finger!!)were fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eek!!!!!!!!!!!
    (altho between you and me, I think what was in the rear of the Wranglers was not so little, but certainly caught our attention!!)
    ...running...for...cover!
    YYYYYYYYYYYes!!!!

" naughty, naughty Canadian Garthfan!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, gosh, think I am focusing on Garth a little too much!(if that IS possible)
    LOL

Sticking to the original question, I would start by asking how the girls, Sandy, his dad, and the rest of his family are. Then hopefully I could manage to tell him what his music has done for me and thank him for that. I would tell him that his music will continue to make a difference in people's lives, and to enjoy his time with the girls now. It's where he needs to be. I would also tell him to let us know now and then how he's doing and what he's up to, and that I wish him nothing but happiness.

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

what does Garth-focused mean to me?

To see what he sees and be a fan of the People he loves. And myself. I'd ask him how he does it and to teach me the steps:

This is The Dance I do every day
    I let my feet go and get carried away
    I let my soul lead and follow the sound
    It's The Dance that I do when there's no one around

You're such a good dancer "Pard"! Fancy meeting you here.

I'd ask Garth

Would you like to play a round sometime?

How many strokes will you give me or do I have to give you strokes?

Would you like me to take Vince's place in the golf cart?

If we play in a tournament as partners, will I need a chiropractor when it is over with from carrying you around the course?

Will I need to list Garth and Chris on the score card?

LOL. Running. Ducking.

Oh yeah, thanks for the music and all that sentimental stuff, too. Does it bother you if I sing while you putt?

+ Reply to Thread