+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Watch an old interview!

Watch an old interview!

I was just surfing around for Chris Gaines news, and I stumbled across an old interview with Garth promoting CG.

http://www.infoculture.cbc.ca/archiv...d_10051999.ram

If you want, you can read the interview instead:

http://www.infoculture.cbc.ca/archiv...rthbrooks.html

~Ann~

Very cool interview,Ann
    Thanks for sharing it with us ..
    One question,what was with that woman?
    Knickers in a knot.....LOL
    and what can be said about Garth but
    Leelee

Thanks Ann for the link, I saw the interveiw a while back on my puter..it was very well done

anyone know what a knicker in a knot is or means??

Vanessa

Cool interview.

--spuddaroo--

Thanks Ann...I liked this line -
    Some writers didn't contact their brains before their fingers started typing.
    How very true.

Vanessa, knickers are another word for pants, and another expression that is sometimes used is "getting your panties in a wad" if that's one you may have heard before. What she meant was getting upset over nothing.

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I've never had my panties in a wad...

--spud--

Let's talk!!

Garth Brooks: Yeah, it's very different and very strange but once you get into character, that's just a part of you.

Tina Srebotnjak: You weren't worried about messing with the franchise? You have a degree in advertising, don't you?

Garth Brooks: Yes, I do have a degree in advertising.

Tina Srebotnjak: So you probably know a brand name is a wonderful thing. You weren't worried about messing with the Garth Brooks name when you took on the Chris Gaines' project?

Garth Brooks: You can never do anything out of fear. I mean, if this cost me the rest of Garth Brooks' career, I can't complain. I've had a wonderful decade and if people says, I believed in him but now I don't,' I'm sad about that but at the same time you have to follow your heart. If that takes you into the clouds, good for you, if it takes you to into the fire, be ready.

Tina Srebotnjak: I love that in the liner notes you thank your wife Sandy for living with both of you - you and Chris.

Garth Brooks: I think the line is if living with Garth wasn't hard enough, now Chris has moved in with us. When you get into character, that character stays with you until the project is over
    My question is, is Garth done going through the fire with Chris? because it would indeed seem Garth was right that some stopped believing in Garth as a result. Is he gonna take this project all the way through the fire until he does finally see the sky clear of the smoke? I mean, just WHEN and HOW does Garth consider the Chris Gaines Project over? When The Lamb and his soundtrack is finally filmed and released? When it takes off and there is big demand for all of Chris' backlog and Capitol is caught offguard by the demand? When everybody finds out Chris is the musical genius Garth says he is? Or is it in the message of Chris to his fan/fans and what we do with it? Maybe it will be up to us when and if it ends. Garth seems to have placed the final option as ours, not his. I know I for one long to see the clouds parting when this is all over! In fact, I want to go through the fire too if that's the only way I'm ever gonna see it with Garth. I want to see what he sees. But I think it's only us fans can get him/us there. He took us as far as he could with GB. Now it's up to us too.

+ Reply to Thread