+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: my lunch break :)

my lunch break :)

Ok, I can't post much. Its now 4pm my time in Nashville and I had a wonderful lunch break, I promise to fill you all in later but I thought I would but people in suspence for now..LOL I know I'm mean. I don't know when I will post but sometime later today. But I can tell you I just got to see Garth....hhehehe I'm smiling

JEN

Jen, you just CAN'T do that to us!!! Come baaaaaaaaaaccccccccck!!!

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

moving away...near a rivers ebbing flow...from where I come and where I go...lighthouses in harbors shore...keeping safe the tossed and torn.
    Jen! How can you do that?

Couldn't you take the rest of the day off from work????
    You know, so you could come here and post away about
    seeing Garth!

LOL

Oh the suspense! Hurry back!

-Diane
    "There's Faith,Hope and Love,and the greatest of these is love, that's cool" Garth Brooks on We Shall Be Free Video

:P that's not fair Jen!!! you can't keep us hangin like that!! :P Glad you're dat went well and I can't wait to hear what you have to tell us!

Vanessa

Jen you are a BAD GIRL...I think you need to be sent to your room!!
    That is...
    your room that has your computer in it so you can get to typing and tell us what happened today!!

Cheri

Re: my lunch break :)

Originally posted by Jen19
    I had a wonderful lunch break, I can tell you I just got to see Garth...I'm smiling JEN
    Um Okay Jen?? Garth & lunch break put together?? I want to know what y'all had for desert??? :-) I got (2) things to say, you better hurry back & start posting....it's not nice to tease us like this!! The other thing I want to know, was chocolate involved??
    :-P

JoAnn
    JoAnn

JoAnn - don't go there on this one. This is a STRICTLY out of the gutter experience, and when you find out about it, you'll be glad you kept it that way.

However.... let me add to the story just to say - she saw him somewhere you'd NEVER expect to see Garth.
    J. (who got a phone call from a very excited Jen today.)

That's a nasty thing to do to us Jen
    Okay you have to be finished work by now.....where are you
    Maybe lunch went so well, she had to continue to dinner
    We're waiting...not very patiently, I might add
    -Susan-

JEN! You naughty girl! You should NEVER let work interfere with a Garth moment! You can always get another job!

And shamey, shame, shame on you Miss Joyce for adding more suspense by that NEVER guess where stuff! All I can think of is pee wee herman and the news saying "You'll never guess where pee wee Herman was seen!" LOL

Hurry Jen and ease my mind!

~Ann~

random guesses on where Jen saw garth:

-playing baseketball
    -pumping gas into his truck
    -at one of his daughters' soccer games

Vanessa

Hey Joyce,

Does that mean what I think Joyce...Mr you wont find me at The Ryman was indeed there today for the Harlem Howard Memorial???

Its the only place I have ever heard him say you wouldn't find him performing etc because he feels such respect for the place.

Cant wait for details here...

Rachael
    The song Love Will Always Win is me, it is Trisha and myself, its Us - Garth Brooks
    http://www.brooksnyearwood.com

maybe he just attended without performing. Wouldn't that be something he'd do out of respect? Or I don't have the slightless idea how he is! ;o)

Oooooooo good thinking Rachael Jen GET BACK HERE! :P

Krista
    Let us endeavor to live, that when we die, even the undertaker shall feel sorry.

moving away...near a rivers ebbing flow...from where I come and where I go...lighthouses in harbors shore...keeping safe the tossed and torn.
    Joyce,

Give us a hint to what time she arrives home from work at least?

I hope she doesn't have dinner before posting! LOL

-Diane
    "There's Faith,Hope and Love,and the greatest of these is love, that's cool" Garth Brooks on We Shall Be Free Video

Ooooh Jeeeeeen. Where aaaare youuuuuu?!

CC *waiting, clicking nails on table, waiting*

Yooooooo Hooooooooo Jen! The natives are getting restless ! ! ! !

I can't hold them back much longer!!!!!

J. (who also knows Jen got off work hours ago....)

Sacramento, CA by way of NY, WY, CO, AL, MI and SO CA.
    I keep coming back to this post for the update. Jen are you out there tonight???
    Anxiously waiting - not too patiently...
    Alexa

Hi!

Okay.......someplace where one would never expect to see Garth........hmmm......let's see.........
    I see him everywhere I go! You know, isn't Garth always there with you.....tucked inside your heart just keeping you company??

Where would I not expect to see him???? I know....at GB MGT....cause it's too obvious. [no]

At the Circle K reading the latest tabloids???? [no]

At the Gates????? [no]

Ugh.......I can't stand it much longer.....I need to know now!!!

carol
    wizard2c
    "I Shall Save The World!"
    "Dance!Sing!Fun!2003!"

Joyce,

Can't you call her up?
    You know, just to make sure she isn't going to bed?

Tell her we're all sitting here in front of computers waiting for her post!

It's like waiting for a Garth concert to start...
    you try to be patient, but your over anxious!

Don't rush her... just tell her to HURRY!

-Diane

Jen, TAKE you time......cuz I want all the details

I'm sure Jen it taking her time to gather her thoughts, to put her adventure into a readable journey....you know to take us all on her lunch break with her. She's making sure to include all the necessary details she can possibly share. I don't think she's purposely avoiding us or teasing us...at least I hope not. :-)

So, Jen take your time cuz when I read, I want every little detail. When I am done reading I want to be able to smell his cologne and count every whisker on his face and hear his infectious giggles. :-) So I can wait, I have a feeling it will be well worth the wait....again at least I hope so.

JoAnn
    JoAnn

Okay, another restless native signing in. Jen, where are you????? You best not go to bed until you have posted your story!

Rachael, I like your guess.

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Washington, DC U.S.A., Land of the Free, Home of the Brave!!!
    Ditto Paula!...

Ok Jen, I have no nails now as I have chewed them down to the quick --and just think I had a manicure on Sunday, so if you don't hurry back I'll be forced to start on my toenails (I know, eeeeewwwwwhhhh huh?)

So hurry back and post!, post!, post!

Tina of WDC
    ...our lives are better left to chance, I could've missed the pain --- but I'd of had to miss the DANCE

Take it Easy, Take it Slow, Take it Light...Oh What the Heck Just Take It!!!

ok in the interest of saving Tina's toenails..... let me confirm the detail that he was indeed

somewhere that someone posted on this thread! LOL

ok, I'm giving y'all a hard time. He was at the Ryman, for Harlan Howard's memorial service, which is why I'm trying to keep Jo's hormones in check. Beyond that, it's up to Jen to share any details she chooses. If she doesn't show up soon... heh heh heh.... I have her address.
    J.

Sorry guys I really didn't mean to keep you in suspence that long.. but it took a long time to get here to tell you my little Garth moment today but I had a busy day, Harlan Howard died on March 3rd and today at the Ryman friends and family paid respect to him in a tribute show. On my lunch break I went down to see it. I parked across the street as I started walking up to the Ryman I cut through the alley like always. As I entered I almost had a heart attack, there was Garth's Lexus parked right in the alley. I walked up to it and knew it was his. Ok I'm not crazy but we peeked in and saw a ladies purse and 2 cell phones in the council. We went into the Ryman just in time to catch Trisha sing. After she sang she walked back stage and I saw someone take her hand, only a few minutes later they came walking out into the audience and yes it was Garth and Trisha, I know Garth doesn't go to the Ryman but that is now not true he was there with her, they sat next to each other now don't get mad or speculate anything but if Garth does this in public I don't know if he wants it to be a secret anymore. He had his arm around her the whole show. It was cute he would clap and then he would put his arm back. Unfortunately I had to go back to work before the show was over but on my way out I stopped back at his car and this guy said he has caught them coming in. There was a driver and Garth sat in the back-seat, what a gentleman So anyway after work I drove back down but I had missed him, so I went over to check GBM, nope not there but Kelley was. I then saw a long stream of cars over towards the sunset grill and I think everyone from the service went there for dinner after. So no, I didn't get to talk to him but that is ok, I'm just happy being in the same room as him, As far as him and Trisha are concerned, please don;t get mad at me for my opinion but they really seemed close and if they are I'm very happy for him, I just hope he stays happy, that is all that really matters anyway right, and as far as him going to the Ryman, I thought he said he wouldn't step in the mother church but maybe he just meant sing there, or maybe he has gotten over it and realized its the mother church because that is where music is made. The tribute the 2hrs I saw anyway was beautiful along with Trisha, Jim Lauderdale, Patty Loveless, Pam Tills, the Judds , Emmy Lou Harris and many more performed. Ok I'll be honest, no I didn't know Harlan Howard but I knew his music and now know what a talented man he was and know he had many many friends in the business. The show was very respectful and really great, I wish I could have seen the end but I'm sure it was awesome. So anyway that is my story. No pics weren't allowed but I'll just say he looked really great, and it was great to see him

nite-

JEN

Thanks for posting!!! I just got on the forums for the first time of the day and I don't think I've ever scrolled through a thread so fast!! I'm sooo glad you got to see Garth, even if you didn't get to talk to him.

allison.

P.S. ---- What was he wearing (I'm talking specifics here ) Thanks!!

Jen! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for you detailed synopsis!!

I am happy that you got to see Garth today!

Moni

Jen,

Thanks so much for finally posting, it was driving me crazy! (they tell me it's a short drive) I'm glad Garth looked so happy and glad you got to see him!
    Sue
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

Why does something feel so right about this picture? I'm smiling ear to ear!!

I must admit, I am too!

Originally posted by fuzzwuzz
    Why does something feel so right about this picture? I'm smiling ear to ear!!
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

+ Reply to Thread