+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wouldn't you love this class?

Wouldn't you love this class?

I was doing some searching and it is really neat to see where Garth turns up. I found this class offered at the university of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -

44 History of Country Music (3). Survey and investigation of country music from 1920 to the present. Music of Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Williams, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, Garth Brooks, and others. Listening assignments, written papers, final exam. Spring. Neal. GC aesthetic/fine arts perspective.

How about that - cool huh? I wish I had that class at my college.

Here is a link for more info:
    http://www.unc.edu/res-aca/catalogs/...pts/music.html

That's it, I'm transferring....I've also heard that in Oklahoma at one of the colleges they have a class all about Reba McEntire (sp?).

allison.

Very !

An all Garth class would be better! teehee

~Ann~

Toni ~

I'm thinking there should be an entire degree offered, and with a name like 'Garthologist', you could probably be the 'head professor' of the department!!!

Originally posted by MountainGirlCrazy4Garth
    Toni ~

I'm thinking there should be an entire degree offered, and with a name like 'Garthologist', you could probably be the 'head professor' of the department!!!
    I think I'd test out of all those classes

Hey, we could all try and test out of the classes (might not be quite as much fun as going to them, but...) Maybe Brandon could even come up with a PGU and grant those of who test out with an honorary degree in Garthology!!!

How Cool!

Ok thats it sign me up, im changing my course too, this one sounds so much better.
    Theres no contest, getting to listen to and write about Garth as part of my course or write 3000 words on the Structuralist perspective on the modern media.
    Garth definately wins everytime.

And im loving PGU already, but hey im not sure if I want to graduate, I wanna stay here for ever.

Hannah
    I'll never reach my destination
    if I never try,
    so I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry.

Speaking of Garth and school....I was bored in my Mass Media class the other day and went through my book and highlighted all the references to Garth in it He was in it alot in the music industry section. Also, I to Statistics of Principle Reason last quarter (don't ask, all you need to know is it's the class from Hell) and one of our Homework questions made a reference to Garth Brooks

allison.

Allison thats so cool about references to Garth in your course. The only refenence to Garth in my course that I can remember was in a seminar last semester. It was all about popular music and different genres being in different catagories, and someone mentioned Country music being in the middle. At this point at the mear mention of Country music I sat up in my chair, paying extra attention, lol. And this guy in my class said yeah isn't there some famous guy who is like huge in country music, I think hes called Garth something, and without realising what I was doing, I kinda shouted Garth Brooks across the room at which point the whole class including the teacher turned around to look at me, whoops!
    To this day I think the teacher still thinks im mad, lol.

Hannah
    if I never try,

Oh, Hannah, ROTF!!!

That's just TOO funny!

There is, like, no way I could keep my mouth shut if someone started talking about Garth, NO matter where I am! Good for you, girl!!!

In the UK, praying there's intelligent life somewhere up in space

Re: How Cool!

Originally posted by KindanewGarthfan
    Ok thats it sign me up, im changing my course too, this one sounds so much better.
    Theres no contest, getting to listen to and write about Garth as part of my course or write 3000 words on the Structuralist perspective on the modern media.
    Garth definately wins everytime.

And im loving PGU already, but hey im not sure if I want to graduate, I wanna stay here for ever.

Hannah
    Whaddya mean, changing your course? Might I remind you, Hannah, every time you've mentioned your latest Uni project to Ros, Norma and I, your prime concern has been how you're going to get Garth into this one... I don't see changing courses is going to help much, you're already on the PhD of Garthology for new and interesting ways to work Garth into anything and everything!

Angela x
    Gyrrwch yn ofalus

Thanks Dee Dee

Lol Angela, Me trying to work Garth into my course? Never, lol
    Im still working on it I've got a month to come up with a title for my disertation that somehow invloves Garth, any suggestions?

Hannah
    if I never try,

In the UK, praying there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
    Remind me what the theme was again - I know we discussed this briefly before but I can't remember what either of us said!

Angela x
    Gyrrwch yn ofalus

Hey Angela, at the moment I think its pretty broad, just has to relate to Media Studies.

Hannah
    if I never try,

How cool that is!
    Now I finally know what to study.
    Why rivers and lakes?
    Here, the water comes out of pipes.
    -------------------------
    Never again an ecological house,
    the alternative said
    as he fell down the roof while mowing the lawn.

Hey Hannah ~ How about how different forms of media are essential to marketing, and one can cross over the markets, TV & print...2 products in one.....Example--Garth & Dr. Pepper Commerial...selling a beverage and an album at the same time

CC

Hey what a cool idea, thanks CC . Im hopefully doing a marketing course next semester too.

Hannah
    if I never try,

Your most welcome Hannah. See, you can work Garth in there hehe!

CC

+ Reply to Thread