+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PCA - With quote from Garth -->

Valleiry, on the border between France and Switzerland.

PCA - With quote from Garth -->

Again from Reuters

By Kevin Krolicki

LOS ANGELES, Jan 13 (Reuters) - The people know what they like in movies, TV and music and they're sticking with it.

The NBC hospital series "ER" was named favorite television drama for the ninth consecutive year by the voting public as perennial favorites dominated the People's Choice Awards on Sunday.

Julia Roberts, one of Hollywood's most bankable stars, was picked as favorite movie actress, her eighth such honor in the televised popularity contest that kicked off Hollywood's award season with confirmation that the hearts and minds of fans have not budged much.

And in a rerun of last year's results, the NBC sitcom "Friends" was named favorite television comedy and Jennifer Anniston, who co-stars in the series, was honored again as favorite female television performer.

The awards were based on the results of a nationwide telephone poll conducted by the Gallup Organization between November 2000 and October 2001.

The early cutoff in the polling meant respondents, who were able to name any performer or series they liked, had not seen movie hits such as "Monsters Inc." and "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," both of which were released in November.

Fans were able to vote online in two categories: favorite new television comedy series and favorite new drama.

Tom Hanks won two awards, edging out last year's winner, Mel Gibson, and Denzel Washington, as favorite movie actor, and besting Washington and Anthony Hopkins to be named favorite movie star in a drama.

Country music star Reba McEntire won her ninth People's Choice award, but her first as an actress.

She was named favorite female performer for "Reba," a WB comedy series in which she stars as a Texas soccer mom struggling to keep her dysfunctional family from falling further apart.

Damon Wayans, who plays a worried family man in the ABC sitcom "My Wife and Kids," was selected favorite male performer in a new series. The show was also named favorite new comedy series.

The ABC spy show "Alias" was named favorite new drama series.

The 28th annual People's Choice Awards were broadcast on CBS in a ceremony held at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.

Kevin James, star of the CBS sitcom, "The King of Queens," hosted the event and drew one of the biggest laughs of the evening when he appeared in a now-familiar swan-dress and claimed the look for himself.

Icelandic singer Bjork appeared in the much-discussed dress in last year's Oscar awards. Ellen DeGeneres appeared in a joking knock-off when she hosted the Emmy Awards.

"The truth is that I had the outfit first. I just find it funny that I have to defend myself for a trend I started," said James, as a video clip showed him shopping, golfing and running down a sunset beach in the costume.

Kelsey Grammer, the star of NBC's "Frasier," and Ray Romano of CBS sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond," tied in the polling for favorite male television performer.

The fans remained especially loyal in the music category. Country stars Garth Brooks and Faith Hill were named favorite individual performers in a repeat of last year's results.

"We've announced our retirement from music so this is the last time that we get to stay here," Brooks said in accepting his award.

Pop group 'N Sync was also picked again as favorite musical group or band, beating out the Backstreet Boys and Dixie Chicks.

The computer-animated comedy "Shrek" was chosen as favorite movie, ahead of "The Fast and the Furious" and "Pearl Harbor."

The awards show was among the first of the year's award events, which include next week's Golden Globes and the Academy Awards in March. ((Los Angeles bureau, 213-955-6760

Zelia
    A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere.
    Before him, I may think aloud.

Who the hell is WE????

Are he sure that everybody wants to retire with him???

Thanks for posting this Zelia

Brian

Brian

I would LOVE to retire with him,I would treat him like a king,lol.
    it would be an HONOR

(I just wish he would give me another chance as to meet him,and the other fans who haven't seen him yet)

I'll second that countryLadywest..the last part in parenthases at least..

Vanessa

What would be so special about meeting him??

Brian

Hey Brian...

you wake up in the other side of the bed today or what???

WE as in people who has been doing this with him, like the stillwater and stuff.

Be nice, will ya?

Nelly

*LOL* Nelly, I am nice

Does he control their life or what??

How can he say WE if they want to continue doing music.

Brian

Brian,
    He can control my life anytime HE WANTS,lol.He is welcome to it.

Thanks Vanessa,it's just that I was sick since 97 and I was out of it for a while,now I am healthy again and now I want to show him how much I care.I got sick from my cancer surgery.

Okay here's my 7 cents..I personally don't want to see him retire but I don't think my 7 cents is gonna make him stay. As far as "WE" wanting to continue makin' music I would think it would be cool if Stillwater became the band for Ty England. I personally like him and think he is very talanted.

And as far as Brian being nice...trust me he is. He could say a lot worse..lol..plus it's just his oppionion. Trust me I know that the two of us don't see eye to eye on a lot of things but I've learned to listen to what he says because he listens to what we have to say. He may not agree with what we have to say but he's still a Garth fan and part of the PG family/ =0)

"Get on and Ride"
    Amy Jo
    "Don't be afraid to go after what you want to do and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price" --Lane Frost--

I think when Garth says "we" he's referring to himself, and "GB." Me, myself & I, in the 3rd person so to speak. But I also think he's referring to "we" as in "us' (my family)?? Basically he was the BOSS to Stillwater, GB Management, The Believer & all the people who toured with him & held him up during his career. If a business closes it's doors that's life. The owner isn't responsible for making or breaking the people who lose their jobs. It's up to those individuals to move on. I really think he means himself & his family...the very people he lost time with because of his career & the very people he's going to spend his retirement with from here on out.
    JoAnn

Thank you Amy

Yup, that's true, it's only my opinion

I'll refrain to comment on the 3rd person part But here in DK we have institutions for that kind of people where they are kept almost 24/7

Brian

LMAO @ Brian...=0) sorry, that was funny!!
    "Don't be afraid to go after what you want to do and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price" --Lane Frost--

Brian *LOL* at your opinions!

Just like Amy states-I may not agree with you 100% but I do respect you and your right to state them!

Btw Brian how would you know about the institutions?!

Nancy

Nancy, I know because I've seen Garth there

brian

Brian,

Have you gotten layed today or what???

What is the matter?

Brian what were you doing at the "institution?"

Nancy

Thanks for explaining that countryladywest, altho you didnt have too.. I appreciate it

Vanessa

The last time I watched The Red Strokes video I noticed Garth referered to himself as 'we' going into and out of the pool of red paint.

Nancy,

I was visiting Palle

Brian

LaLaLaLaLa...we don't wanna know!!! hehehe

"Get on and Ride"
    Amy Jo

+ Reply to Thread