+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth with his AMA Merit Award!!

LVGB4EVER Guest

Garth with his AMA Merit Award!!

Here is Garth with his AMA Merit Award

http://abc.go.com/primetime/specials...togallery.html

When you go there click on the bottom topic that say's:

2002 AMA Backstage Photo Gallery
    See what went down backstage at the American Music Awards.

You will find the pic in there...it's the first one I have seen since the show

Take Care
    Sue

very cool! he deserved that award
    shelde

Hi!

Sue, thanks.......

lil Bow Wow.........where do they come up with these names??? [lol]

carol
    wizard2c
    "Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

OMG I cracked up at the Reba caption! Tooo funny!

I really hope one day the Destiny's Child girls realize they are too old to be dressing alike.

So did anyone pay attention to what Garth's belt buckle of the night was?
    J.

I was wondering the VERY same thing Joyce!!
    ok- so we don't have much else to think about... anybody got a problem with that?? LOL!!

That short style jacket Garth wore was MADE to show off that buckle- not to mention that "back" side of him!

yes, it's Saturday morning and we have snow- wanna come and make snow angels with me?

Bonnie
    "I'll never reach my destination if I never try..."

Isn't the buckle the same one he wore on the cover of Scarecrow - the one given to him by Lance Frost's family?

Originally posted by PJ
    Isn't the buckle the same one he wore on the cover of Scarecrow - the one given to him by Lance Frost's family?

No, thats the buckly from the 100th anniversary of the Cheyenne Frontier Days, when he played there with Chris LeDoux. I'm curious though if we'll ever see him wear the Lane Frost buckle again...cause didn't he say something about the LE Cover being the only time he wore it because he wanted to save it for something special??

allison.

*ROFL* @ Reba's caption

Thanks for the link and pic..he sure does look happy and that's what counts

Vanessa

Thanks Sue
    -Susan-

Could some of you fill us in more about the Cheyenne Frontier Days and Garth's getting that buckle? How did this event, being 100 years old at that point, get it's start?

In my house made of twinkies where I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous. :p
    I too wondered about the buckle... and I even looked before you guys said anything about it being the Lane Frost buckle to see if it WAS that one... but it's not.

And yes, I remember him saying something about it being the first time he'd ever actually worn the buckle since Lane's grandmother had sent it to him... It IS very special to him, so I highly doubt he'd wear it regularly... but an Award of Merit is not something that happens everyday, so I thought it might have been a possibility. At the same time, though... it wouldn't surprise me if we never see him wear the LF buckle ever again.

Just my thoughts, of course... (and I have many many more... but I'm sparing y'all... hehehe)

Anonymous77 <--- Stupid American

I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous.

Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones. ~~~ ( Benjamin Franklin)

I'm not quite sure how Frontier Days began, but I'm sure the info is at their website: cfdrodeo.com

I was lucky enough to attend back in 1998 and saw Alan Jackson perform in addition to the rodeo. CFD is nicknamed "The Daddy of 'em All" because it's so big.....during the day they have the rodeo going on and a fair like atmosphere with Native American dancers, games, rides, food.....it's a ton of fun and I recommend going if you're going to Cheyenne in July. At nite, there is a concert with a big country act performing. If you're interested I know they sell the buckles on their website.

That's all I know...but I'm not a big rodeo fan and it was probably one of the coolest all-around things I've experienced.....so if you ever get a chance go, you'll really enjoy it.

allison.

Thankyou Allison.

LVGB4EVER Guest
    Hmmm funny enough I never even noticed the belt buckle I was consintrating on his beautiful face I must go and look at my tape again to see what you are all talking about!

Take Care
    Sue

+ Reply to Thread