+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Will Garth Wear?

What Will Garth Wear?

Hi!

I know this is probably a silly question....but on the AMA next week, any ideas what Garth may wear. Sorta like Prince Garth going to the AMA ball. Perhaps a black tux? White shirt....black shirt?? Oh, what will Garth wear?

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

carol
    wizard2c
    "Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

I don't care

I don't mean to be rude sweety.I don't watch it anymore,it's all BS.That's what I believe,sorry.The music business is all BS.
    But's that is sweet of you,he is probably wearing something casual.It's really not based on Country,it's mostly,rap,and rock.

Why?Why do you want to know what he's wearing?

I bet he'll be more dressed up that normal, since he is being presented with the Award of Merit.....hmmm....guess we'll just have to wait and see!!

allison.

Well, given that he threw a black tie party for his 100 Million Celebration and showed up in black wranglers, I'm not looking for him in a tux.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him in the same shirt he wore to the CMA's. But unlike a lot of those country artists that show up at the LA awards shows looking like rock stars, I'll bet ya he shows up looking country. :-)
    J.

What is a black

Sorry to interrupt you,but what in the %$#% is a black tie party,for his 100 million what dude?

Sorry,lol.What??????

My guess is.....

Blue Wranglers, Long sleeve white shirt, bow tie, a long tail black tux jacket and of course his black hat!!

Alot like what he wore in the tribute to Dale Earnhardt!

Terry

Hmmm....

Merit award seems a little more important than just a regular AMA award.

If Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons actually do present the awards to him, do you think they will be wearing the standard KISS outfits of black spandex and make-up etc??

I say Garth will be dressed in his classic Black wranglers, and the standard upper tux dress.

Guess we'll have to wait and see

Moni

Re: What is a black

Originally posted by countryLadywest
    Sorry to interrupt you,but what in the %$#% is a black tie party,for his 100 million what dude?

Sorry,lol.What??????

In Oct. of 2000 Garth had a big party for selling 100 million records, it was a black tie affair and had over a thousand (I believe) of Garth's friends, family, and country music people.

allison.

Here's a pic from the 100 million party. He's holding his hat, but what you can't see is that from the waist down he's in Wranglers and boots.
    J.

CountryLady - Nashville's still pretty warm in October. I wore a sleeveless outfit and was fine.
    Attached Images

Was he at home?

That looks pretty amazing that,I don't know I am not famous or anything,I don't know what goes on in that kind of thing,lol.
    I live in Los Angeles and it's pretty cold here,it gets about 30 degress,global warming,I really worried about the weather.I became a veg and I don't use xmas trees at xmas to fight for the envirnoment.
    I am not that bad though,I still eat fish and chicken,and occasionally red meat for protein.

You went to a party like that???????????
    NO WAY,how did you get invitedto a party like that producer?Must of been scary,was it?
    I'd bee shaking and I be scared to death.I don't drink so,I probably do okay,if I was there,lol.

Check out these flowers! And this was only what fit in the lens of my camera. (These pictures were pulled from the video to go with the story.)

CLW, I worked for CountryCool.com at the time and was invited to cover the press conference that morning and the party that night.
    Attached Images

here's the chandalier.
    Attached Images

No way

The flowers were are very beautiful,were they for him and his party?

The chandeleir,is that real?Or in a story book,come one now..is that real.
    I want to correct that it gets cold around Oct, in LA,it does get down to the 30's but it get's to be around 40 or 50 in Oct,it's getting pretty cold here.And we didn't rain so much I am worried about no rain.I keep praying that God can help us with the weather and all.

No way,thanks for the pics,and explaining to me everything.that must of been something to see,was Garth by himself,come one he had to be with a woman,if not dozens of woman,don't lie?
    Please?
    Last edited by countryLadywest; 01-06-2002 at 01:28 AM.

Good picture J - and great look for Garth.

He is to be honored, he will show respect for the event and the honor by dressing as he ought to be dressed for such an occasion.

More importantly I wonder what he'll say.

He'll give credit to God and all others including the fans who have helped him earn his place in the spotlight. Garth always gives credit where credit is due.

This time though there is a subtle message I hope he is aware of, acknowledges, and returns. That those who have selected him to receive such an honor know what they are doing; (just look at the others that have earned the award previously) so therefore he is simultaneously humbled by, and appreciative of the high esteem the merit award represents. The merit award places him in the golden glow of the company of previous and future recipients. Those stars that shine most brightly and longest.

Most importantly I hope internally he pauses and allows himself to completely feel, accept, and embrace the joy that comes with having worked diligently at something he loves, respects, and gave his all to; and a moment when those efforts and the quality of those efforts are recognized and honored!

Hawk

Michael Jackson is getting a Special Award, too

I heard that Michael is being presented with the "Artist of the Century" Award at the AMA's. Talk about the BS and overblown hype of award shows, that just about tops them all! I do think Michael deserves something for the 30 years and awsome career, but "Artist of the Century" is overdoing it.
    Bee

Originally posted by ProducerJ
    CLW, I worked for CountryCool.com at the time and was invited to cover the press conference that morning and the party that night.

That assigment must have sucked!!

allison.

Clothes

Brian

Hi!

Thanks all....I guess we'll all see what he wears. Now...you got me more curious.....oh what, oh what is Michael Jackson to wear?? (LOL).......perhaps a Black Stetson this time.......maybe Garth could loan him his????

carol
    wizard2c
    "Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

The only awards Michael Jackson deserve is LEGO's Plastic Fantastic Award or a cell in San Quintin.

Brian

That alien - Michael;

might wear most anything he feels like at that time.

he sure does dance to a different drum.

But oh baby, can he dance. Artist through and through - very little human in that one at times....

Hawk

I'd like to see him wear something like he had on the red carpet at the Oscars. You know, black tux w/ blue under shirt w/ matching blue tie, except I'd want him in a hat this time and me around his arm.
    ~Leah~

"Heaven's not beyond the clouds,
    it's just beyond the fear
    No, Heaven's not beyond the clouds,
    it's for us to find it here"
    ~Garth Brooks~

I think he'll wear a tunx..he sure does look sexy in those tux's.. Yumm!! btw..whats thew award of merit??

Vanessa

Hi!

Babyblue777.....gosh....I originally read that wrong...I thought you said he was going to wear blue underwear? (LOL)

carol
    wizard2c
    "Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

Darn it Carol!!

Now you put a picture of Garth in blue underwear in my head!
    Sam got me thinking about boxers, how do we solve this problem?

Garth in blue boxers!
    ~Leah~

"Heaven's not beyond the clouds,
    it's just beyond the fear
    No, Heaven's not beyond the clouds,
    it's for us to find it here"
    ~Garth Brooks~

Stop it,guys

I never met any fans like you guys before i talked with metal fans and they are BORING compared to you guys,this is my forst time I am on a country music website,and this is neat to me!!!!
    I'm serious,I am not lying,I NEVER been on a country music website,I told you guys I'm a metal fan,classical,opera fan.LOL

Oh no! Not another discussion about Garth in his underwear! Some people need to climb out of the gutter! LOL

I would love to see him in black jeans with the tux shirt and jacket. He looks great like that!

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

Ok.... Stepping up on the soapbox

I have edited and deleted several posts in this thread. There are too many for me to send personal PM's to all of you, but I am sure you will figure out whose posts I deleted and edited.

I am not blaming anyone...but the topic was going totally off base.

This thread was not started to discuss Garth wearing "nothing" to the AMA's.

Please keep the post on topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Monica

LOl,thanks Monica.

Monica we weren't discussing anything about no clothes were all
    kidding.I know I was,besides I am not even going to watch it.
    Sp,I hope you enjoy yourself.it's all BS and I don't want anything to do with it,beleive me I know about the music industry and it's
    lies.I KNOW!!!!!!1

Originally posted by countryLadywest
    Monica we weren't discussing anything about no clothes were all
    kidding.I know I was,besides I am not even going to watch it.
    Sp,I hope you enjoy yourself.it's all BS and I don't want anything to do with it,beleive me I know about the music industry and it's
    lies.I KNOW!!!!!!1
    I'm kindof interested to see what it is you know about the music industry?

allison.

+ Reply to Thread