+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey everyone

Hey everyone

How many people on here have ever went to a concert of Garth Brooks. I haven't but I wish I could. Anyway write back and tell me about yerself!

I have been to one tiny concert

But MANY years ago

Brian

Hi,

I have been to two GB concerts both here in Vancouver BC. The first was in '93 exactly one week after my 13th birthday and the second was in the summer of '96.
    Talk about electrifying. There is no other way to describe it other than what an experience!

I have friends who wanted to claw me out once they found out I had seen him live, so you're not the only one who has not.

Cheers
    Sandra
    country4ever
    wolves4ever

One - Nebraska, Omaha; Q104 (CW station) was there too with other friends and family.

My ticket cost almost 100 bucks - good seat though. Sandy was there too; Garth introduced her on stage.

Combination spiritual quest (that was the infamous iced turtle in the ice-bucket at Best Western hotel)and road trip home to the circle where I was born ('Tween Hiawatha and Oneida).

Was right after the 120 odd tick bite experience I had at the Grand Lake of the Cherokee (the week-end Princess Di was killed and I almost got hit head on by the truck coming home) - also the infamous skunk experience.

Then got bit by a spider right before the concert.

And with all that, it sure has been fun.
    (I'm still working on figuring out the cowboy that got down on his knees at the rodeo)

Aren't you wondering how come I only went to see Garth in concert once.

LOL,

Hawk
    Last edited by Hawk7lte; 12-31-2001 at 08:54 PM.

I went to one concert in Atlanta,in '96. The only thing I remember other than the fantastic show, was it was so cold when we got into the Omni and after the concert I was dripping in sweat~~lol~~not only because of the G-man, but the crowd itself! I lost my voice and had to whisper for about a week after~~~~but it was well worth every minute of it!!
    Lee2

I went to see Garth Croke Park in Dublin. Sandy came on stage. Trisha was a backing singer. The show was awesome. He was a real showman and carried on even when the overhead gantry caught fire. That was such a terrific show. The audience were amazing and even picked me up when I said I couldn't see. Garth pics were all over the city. Garth was being played on the radio in every store. Dublin went Garth crazy.

Jude

In my house made of twinkies where I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous. :p
    Up until November 14, 2001 I had never seen Garth Brooks live ANYWHERE! I had never seen the man in the flesh in any place whatsoever... But now I have seen him twice. Once in Los Angeles on Nov. 14th... and once in South Padre Island on Nov. 28th...

The thing that captured me the most was when he came out on stage the very first time... It hit me. THAT'S GARTH!!!!! I finally can see with my own two eyes that this man is NOT just a figment of my imagination... Hehehe...

But after I absorbed in all of that with just his presence, he spoke. I will never forget hearing that man's voice thru nothing more than a microphone for the very first time. I've heard him on the radio, on TV, on CDs --- many, many times (even on the phone once ). And NOTHING comes close to hearing him in person. I don't know how to describe it... It still sounds like the same man --- only better (if that's even possible). After that, the show went on, and I LOVED it... But honestly, thru most of it, it seemed so surreal to me --- like I was there, but it hadn't hit me yet. Even now, I know I was there --- I have pictures to prove it... But it just felt like I was where I belonged, and not some fantasy place that I longed to be at and had finally arrived.

After it was over, though... that surreal feeling left me, and I didn't want it to be over. I wanted more... (so I went to South Padre Island, TX... hehehe)

Anyway... I am sad he is not touring any more, but I am glad that I went out of my way to go see him when I had the chance (even if I AM broke now... )
    Anonymous77 <--- Stupid American

I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous.

Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones. ~~~ ( Benjamin Franklin)

In my house made of twinkies where I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous. :p
    For some reason, one of the things I remember most from the show in Los Angeles was his hands... <giggle>

I actually discovered (even from where I was 10 rows back), I could see that his hands are the "soft pudgy" kind of hands that seem so inviting when you finally get to shake his hand... or squeeze it... or whatever it is you do to his hand when you get the chance... LM*O

It's not like they're soft, delicate hands... but maybe more like the kind that feel like those stress-relieving things that are filled with gel --- the "squishy" kind of soft...

But now... why I decided to share that with you, I'm not real sure... It just had to come out, I guess... hehehehe...

I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous.

Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones. ~~~ ( Benjamin Franklin)

Believe it or not, I've never had the pleasure of seeing Garth in person. *sighs*

But.... I still believe! It will happen. One day... someday... somehow.

When he was touring, we were living in Alaska... way up at the top in the arctic. A plane ticket out was usually over a thousand dollars so we didn't get out all that often. There was a couple of concerts left when we moved south but I was HUGELY preggers and Ken wouldn't take me anywhere near that crowd.

With Ken's ill health and me trying to provide for the family, I couldn't make any of the other special appearances.

We did get to "The Gates" in Goodletsville once so I could take a picture with them... and I think Garth was home but we didn't see him. We only stayed a minute because I was afraid of upsetting the neighbors or being a nuisance.

Still... I think somehow... I'll get to see him perform one day... or atleast to say hello and shake his hand.
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

Snow... you will!

I NEVER thought I'd get to see a full-fledged concert, and look at me now... Even if you don't get to see a "full-fledged" concert, I'm sure we have not seen the last of him, and with that... I'm sure we have not HEARD the last of him.

Somewhere down the line you WILL get your turn... Just like I believe someday I WILL meet him. Just as sure as I am that I will meet him, I am sure I will make a complete fool of myself. As long as it puts a smile on his face, I'll be fine.

Snow... Keep believin'!!

I've gotten to see four shows. All incredible, and each better than the one before. First one was August of '92. I had only discovered his music less than two months before, but there was no turning back after seeing that show. I was hooked!!!

Then there were back-to-back shows in October of '93 that I got to see. Don't know how my voice survived two nights in a row, but both shows were a blast! We had gotten tickets for the first one and were driving home when they announced another show was going on sale. I looked at my mom and told her we should try to get better seats. We could always give one pair to someone else. We turn around and go back and get a pair of tickets for that show. Needless to say, I talked her into keeping both sets of tickets and going both nights!

Last show was December of '97. Took me almost a week to get my voice back fully after that one. Guess I let loose and was screaming a lot more than the other shows. Although my mom would tell you I was far from quiet at any of them!

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

I've been to eight (nine if you count Lime Creek Christmas). The first was in August of 1996 in Portland, Maine. The next three were in April of 1997 in Massachusetts (two in Boston and one in Worcester). The last four were in October 1998 in Tampa, Florida.

Originally posted by Garthfan92
    Took me almost a week to get my voice back fully after that one. Guess I let loose and was screaming a lot more than the other shows. Although my mom would tell you I was far from quiet at any of them!

Lisa
    Lisa!!! You're so soft-spoken...I can't believe you can actually scream!

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Originally posted by Paula
    Lisa!!! You're so soft-spoken...I can't believe you can actually scream!
    Oh Paula, you haven't seen me at a Garth concert!!! LOL My mom and I walked out of that first show, and she says, "I had NO IDEA you could get so loud!" I said, "Neither did I!" I love to have fun at concerts though. If everyone else is getting that loud, I tend to go right along with it. Never more than at Garth's shows, of course. What can I say? You know that old saying, watch out for the quiet ones...
    LOL

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

I have been to 2 full concerts and a few small things like the Opry and Limecreek and such.

I went to Central Park -my 1st concert and then Philadelphia in 1998.

of course both were incrideable-

JEN

I've been to 4 concerts. I even met and got Dave Gant's autograph. He's the piano player. I went to see him in Tacoma WA,in 1993, Vancouver, BC, in '96 and two nights in a row in Seattle, WA, in July'98. They are too long to be posted here, but here is a link to my website that tells all my experiences in detail.

Sandra, I was at that concert too, Aug 96, right?

Here is the link. Check out my whole Garth website while you're there.
    http://pages.sprint.ca/ElliesGarthSite/Garthnutt.html

Ellie
    Have a Garthriffic Day!
    I AM CANADIAN!

" Oh Canada, our home and native land,
    true patriot love, in all our son's command
    With glowing hearts we see the rise, the true north strong and free, oh Canada, Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee..."

Ellie,

Yep! The August '96 shows. I was at the middle show of the three with seats that were 2 rows behind the stage.

Cheers
    Sandra
    country4ever
    wolves4ever

+ Reply to Thread