+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An open letter to Garth Brooks

An open letter to Garth Brooks

Garth,

You have told the media, the crowds, and everyone else that will listen that you are done. Retired. "Throwing in the towel", so to speak, until at least your last daughter is out of school.

Hey, I can respect that. I absloutely and completely respect your committment to being an excellent father. Every man should carry that same sentiment towards his children. It is noble and truly shows that you know what is the greatest gift to give your children- time.

Yes, you have mentioned your interest in penning screenplays. Great! I for one, wish you unending success in your new endeavour.

This leads me to a question. Apparently at some point recently, you mentioned that you had "twenty or thirty" songs you have recorded, yet haven't released.

Garth, How about giving us (your admirers) a chance to bring these songs into our lives? Your music is inspirational. Your lyrics are powerful; and your messages of love, tolerance and good times are enjoyed around the world.

What would be wrong with stepping forward and announcing to the world that we will be hearing these songs someday. With "20 or 30" songs, you could give all of us at least two more albums. I am not asking for another tour. I know some will, but not me. No, I just want to have something to look forward to.

Just think of the ease of this. The songs are recorded. Your admirers, your label and all the "believers" out here would graciously welcome your voice back onto the radio, and into our hearts.

Thanks for your latest Album. "Scarecrow" is excellent, as have all your albums.

So what do you say, Garth? Will you release those previously recorded songs? Please?

A potato in the West,

--spud--

Spud,

I love the letter - now if only one of Garth's Management Team or the man himself could get to read it.

I've just watched the Coast to Coast videos which another PG'er taped for me and this guy doesn't want to retire. He loves being out front and in control. He will miss it terribly. I just hope that maybe there will be a way for him to release the already recorded tracks.

Jude

Letter to Garth

I think this letter is so touching and inspirational, but (I don't mean to sound out of order here) I doubt that anyone will read this and act upon it. I wonder if Garth or any of the management team read these messages?
    Sam

I strongly doubt it as well. GB and GB management know about Planetgarth. Garth has publicly acknowledged Brandon's site.

I guess I just needed to say it, ya know?

--spud--

what a well written letter Spud Only time will tell and we'll just have to wait and see if and when Garth does release these 20 or 30 songs..

Vanessa

Wouldn't it be great Spud, if he would toss us this morsel, it certainly would make this little heart glad!!!

Star bright, star light, the first star I see tonight
    I wish I may
    I wish I might
    Have this wish I wish tonight

Fingers crossed

Annette

Hi!

Spud....very nice!

If you're going to send to GB Mgt....would you include a copy of the following too? Thanks!

Carol
    wizard2C
    "Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

---------------

What Will I Do?

A new beginning.....It is the Year 2002,
    So why? Oh, why? Am I feeling this blue?

The reason is simple, I knew all along,
    The day would come for Garth Brooks’ last song.

The touring and concerts are all in the past.
    The Scarecrow CD to be Garth Brooks’s last.
    Promotions and posters, Garthy photos no more.

What will I do? Oh, what will I do?
    Should I pretend a Garth concert,
    To just scream and shout?
    Or play Friends In Low Places,
    And sing along LOUD?

A Retired Garth Brooks? Oh, now what will I do?
    Should I turn on the radio to hear a Garth song?
    No new songs on CDs, it just seems all WRONG.

I thought that this friendship forever would be.
    A lifetime of Garth meant only for me.
    But I was selfish to Garth and wanted yet more,
    His music eternal to see and to hear.
    Now it’s my Long-neck Bottle that I hold so near.

The tears just keep flowing, right into my beer,
    What will I do? Oh, does anyone care?
    Then next to me a Garth Angel appeared,
    To tell me to cheer up, that Garth would be back.

She said “Planet Garth” is where I should go,
    For the latest in Garth news, chats and much more.
    There I would find other Garth Fans,
    That feel the same way, to share the hope
    That Garth comes back to us some day!

That was too cool,Carol....I just love it!!
    Lee2

In my house made of twinkies where I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous. :p
    Ok, am I actually the only person who heard this????

Garth said that he left those recorded, uncut songs in the hands of Capitol... He says he "trusts" them to do with the songs as they please... so perhaps the letter should be addressed to Capitol to maybe release a "From The Vault" series, maybe... He's got enough material for 3 average length Garth CDs... and how cool would that be???

He never said that the songs WOULDN'T be released... He actually said it's very possible we WILL get to hear them when Capitol decides when and how and all the other details.

Can anyone else back me up on this??? I'm POSITIVE I heard him say this... just can't remember where...

I assure you my dear fellow Garthnutts... we have NOT heard the last of the Garthman --- just maybe perhaps seen the last of his concerts for a while...

Smile... It's a Garthy season... and the Scarecrow still sits high on his perch...
    Anonymous77 <--- Stupid American

I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous.

Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones. ~~~ ( Benjamin Franklin)

I second that Garthmedic.

allison.

Spud... don't get me wrong.. like the idea... but

am I the only one that thinks Garth does NOT need to do this thing/anything???

Oh no no no no! It's Chris Gaines turn to 'rerelease' all his backlog! He's got at least 5 albums or more in the vaults!!! Time is of the essense here! And very much on his side!

Couple of things:

1- I have no plans to actually send this letter. Again, I just wanted to say it.

2- I have no right to "tell" GB what he should/ shouldn't do.

3- Something in my heart says to me that Garth wouldn't have mentioned the unreleased songs if he had no intentions of ever releasing them.

--spud--

Garth wouldn't have mentioned ............

I agree with U on this, he didn't even have to mention it,so we'll keep our fingers crossed!!
    Lee2
    Last edited by lee512w; 12-27-2001 at 11:32 AM.

Cool letter, Spudly! (My favorite is "A potato in the West" )

Well, lets hope that these songs are released soon.

Elena.
    Why rivers and lakes?
    Here, the water comes out of pipes.
    -------------------------
    Never again an ecological house,
    the alternative said
    as he fell down the roof while mowing the lawn.

Spud,

well said, dude.
    take care,

lil'bit

+ Reply to Thread