+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Article I found

Article I found

Here are some things I found while having a little bit of insomnia:<BR>1)Many of you may have seen this article before but here is the link if you want to check it out. It has good basic info about the whole project.[urlhttp://www.tennessean.com/sii/99/05/11/garth11.shtml[/url]<BR> <BR>2) This is a link to a page that got me irate. These people have no clue about what kind of person Garth is. I guess we can sign uo and then post our own opinions but I really do not think these people are worth our time. I just wanted you guys to read the page so you can see what made me sooooo MAD! <A HREF="http://www.nashvilledigest.com/index.cdk?viewStory=2693" TARGET=_blank>http://www.nashvilledigest.com/index.cdk?viewStory=2693</A> <BR>The things they said are so unjustified. I guess some people will never get to experience the great person that Garth is and all I have to say about that is - What a shame!N

OOPs :o here is the first link again - I forgot a bracket:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.tennessean.com/sii/99/05/11/garth11.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.tennessean.com/sii/99/05/11/garth11.shtml</A> N

I thought about it a little and I did decide to post on the nashville digest site. I wanted them to hear a point of view which came from someone who has more information than these non-Garth people do. It said my post will not show up until it has been reviewed. Well at least it made ME feel a little better but I do not think it will make any difference to those non-Garthers on that site.<BR>Have a great Garth day tomorrow! :)N

<b>Garthologist</b>,<P>Thanks for finding this out, but I don't think your post will effect non-Garth fans in any way. But it's worth VOICING your opinion, which I assume it's what I WANT TO SAY :( Oh boy, those people don't really have good mouth!! Hey, did you notice that most people are saying he is doing this for attention!! ATTENTION? Does Garth need any attention? C'mon, get real, he is too popular that the media would just write anything Garth did. All other people (non-Garth fans) are looking at his actions in a much SURFACE angle. Ok, be honest, Garth is a person with lots of dreams. In order to achieve his dreams, he HAS TO work hard to obtain his goals. Therefore, there is no surprise that he would do just about anything to reach his goal. Of course I know the goal that he is reaching WON'T hurt anyone...LOL Anyway, I guess, for those who don't like Garth, there is nothin' we can do about. <P>GARTH IS SUPPORT YOU IN THIS CG PROJECT!!<P>TommyN
    "Life is like a piano--play to its fullest"

"A good start is half the job!"

"When we free do love anyone we choose... WE SHALL BE FREE" by Mr. Brooks

To the special man in my life: Shnuggie.

<b>Garthologist</b>,<P>Your post on the nashville digest site was perfect...and the person who posted about Garth not sticking around to sign for everyone obviously doesn't know what he or she is talking about. Proven at Fan Fair in 1996 when he stayed for 23+ hours meeting and signing autographs and during spring training with the Padres when he came earlier than the other players and stayed long after the others left to meet with the fans.<P>PaulaN
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I just went and posted on the site, but there are still people who are posting bad comments. I wonder why sites like that make forums like that, where people can go and put dowm and write crap about Garth and other stars. :) I don't think it would bother Garth much if he ever read forums like those because he knows he has a lot of fans that support him. :)N

<b>ATTENTION</b><P>Honky, attention that is pretty much the pickture the Danish media will have the Danes to see :(<BR>We should see him as a guy who only thinks of himself. :(<BR>They write only about the negative things about him.<BR>With Double Live they called him greedy, and said that he would only thinking about how much copies he could sell. They write almost nothing about him, but Michael Jackson He is <b>GOD</b> to them. I can't see <b>NOTHING</b> about him, but he is all over the place here in Denmark.<BR>I think they are afraid of the new country stars, they can't cope with the new ones because they push the old ones out in the dark. Kenny Rogers has just been in Denmark and he was in almost every newspaper, and thats fine cuz he is a great guy, but when garth was here back in 1994 they only wrote one article about him. They did'nt even make any review of the show, because he should have money for the press fotos, How stupid can they be?<BR>Since then it has always been the negative things :(<P>Brian<P>No wonder Garth is'nt coming to DenmarkN

<b>Pilgrim</b>,<P>WHAT? That's aweful :( I have heard this kind of thing about Garth before. I mean, HOW COULD THEY BASH ON GARTH'S DOUBLE LIVE? <P>You know what? It's simple. The writers of your local newspaper of mags are those who don't see the greatness of Garth Brooks. Maybe they are bothered by Garth's popularity and that they have to voice their opinion and put down negatives about him. Here in the States and Canada, we always have GOOD and BAD stories, depending on the writers. So I am guessing that the writers are not fond of Garth. Maybe you should write something to complain about their inappropriate words towards Garth.<P><b>Kristen</b>,<P>I totally agree with. Who would join a list board and put down as many negatives as possible towards Garth or any artis that they dont' like? I mean, I thought the list boards supposed to be a place where you SHARE (not for venting your jealousy) and talke about the greatness of the artist(s) you like. <P>TommyN

I just want to follow up on what Brian told about the newspapers in Denmark. As a reply to the negative article about Double Live I wrote the following, and it was printed in the most respected newspaper in Denmark.<P>It is unbelievavle dissaponting when Berlingske Tidende, who normally never writes about country, (this is the name of the paper) for the second time in about 10 months launch an attack at the biggest star of the 90'es, Garth Brooks.<BR>Especially when the article are full of mistakes. Flemming Rose (the name of the reporter) claims that the new album of Garth, Double Live, in the first week sold 1.9 mio. The official sale was "only" 1.085.373 pieces. Rose argues also that it also only contains 3 new songs, which is correct, but as this is a LIVE-album, and Brooks are famous for his shows, this has been expected in years.<BR>The 2 articles Berlingske Tidende has brought in these 10 months, has both made Brooks look like a cold and cynical star, who thinks more about sales than his fans. This do not harmonize with statements made after Garth's superweek. Steve Ennen, vice-president of the countrystation WUSN-FM in Chicago said: Good things happens to good people. Guvenor in Tennessee Don Sundquist said: Garth are an entertainer, who touches people on a very personal level.<BR>Compared to other in the business, Garth are famed for his devotion to the fans. His last worldtour contained more than 350 shows and were watched by more than 5 mio. people. Ticketprices were as low as $ 20, which makes him the "cheapest" superstar in the states, tickets to the next Rolling Stone tour costs between $ 200 and 300. At these shows has Brooks payed tribute to his fans by giving presents to guest number 1 mio, 2 mio ect. The family who appeard as number 5 mio. got 3 cars, a journey with everyting payed a camcorder and a camera.<BR>The press in Denmark has used every opportunity to resent Brooks. AQUA are being made saints in the Danish press, and when English papers are making critism about this group, the media in Denmark condems these papers and call them envy. What is the problem with Berlingske Tidende regarding Garth Brooks? Are he too big a success to you to understand?<P>I hope you survived reading this, and I hope you do understand what I was writing. It is hard to translate what I write in Danish, cause I use a whole bunch of works I don't even know in English :o<BR>I think this letter has been the only positive in Danish papers about Brooks in 2 or 3 years. But every time the write something untrue, I'll reply ;)<BR> N
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
    Bill Shankly

<b>Palle</b>,<P>Are you a reporter? HOLY! The paragraphs are AWESOME!! :D Thanks for writing this to defend Garth. C'mon, if he is doing everything for the fans and maybe his dreams. They shouldn't sounded like Garth is an evil man with only greediness :(<P>THANKS for sharing!!<P>TommyN

<b>Tommy</b><P>Thank you were much for the kind words. No, I am not a reporter, but maybe you remember I took a test at a school, this was at the Danish School Of Journalism. So maybe someday I'll be at a paper, and then I hope I get to write a lot about Brooks, so the Danes can see the light ;)N
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
    Bill Shankly

<b>Palle</b>,<P>GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! Danes need you!!... ;)<P>TommyN

<b>Tommy</b><P>Danes do not need Palle, <b>DANES NEED BROOKS</b> ;) ;)<P>BrianN

<b>Brian</b><P>Be careful, Danes need me!!!! Without me they wont get any Brooks ;) So cool off or I'll kick your butt next weekend ;) LOLN
    Bill Shankly

<b>PGers</b>.. COOL OFF!! ;) <P>Hahhaa....<P>TommyN

+ Reply to Thread